What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Haha, that's great, dude. Hope it's a good one. Here's my first and only review in its entirety:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  2. ADigitalMagician

ADigitalMagician The Ranty Tranny

Warning: singularity of positive incoming:

Today, I met my friend Claire, and we went to see If/Then (Idina Menzel's current broadway project). The staging was fucking brilliant. The sets were amazing. Sound balance could have been improved, but that's basically THE ONLY complaint. I've been listening to the cast recording for fucking MONTHS wanting to see this show, and the context of the spoken lines made the entire thing way, way better. And the ending, which I didn't get because it was hidden in a part not on the recording, was amazing.

After that, we went to Forever 21, and I got to try on cute dresses, and skirts, I bought an amazing dress, and a cute and fairly casual skirt (Been in need of that.)

Then we went to Sephora, where I was poked and prodded and experimented on, and walked out with foundation and eye lightener.

Then off to Old Navy, where we hunted clearance, and I got a REALLY good look at the make up that was done. It was literally just foundation and I saw a different me. And I loved different me. That's the me I've been digging for for months.

Then we went to dinner at a Colombian place I think, and the food was killer, and I tried something with citrus vodka and it was good.

• Like x 5
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Oh God, I love Forever 21 but none of their dresses or skirts fit me. :( Curse my huge ass!

Anyway, my dad finally got a new car today! His old car has been in the shop for over a year (seriously), so we've been stuck with just my mom's car, and my parents finally decided that he just needed a new one at this point. It's a 2013 Hyundai Sonata, and he's really happy with it, and I'm really happy that we can finally go out for dinner when my mom has choir practice again! :D

4. Stophelping

Stophelping Building a house out of love

Overheard today in my house: "Heteronormativity is making your code bad."

• Like x 6
  5. Acey

Got to go for a ride in it, and it's so comfy in the back! And it handles super nicely, from what I could tell. Super smooth ride.

6. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Port wine and chocolate with my mom :3

7. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

So today I had lunch in the cafeteria. The university cafeteria has government subsidies to allow students to have dirt cheap decent meals - 50 cents of a dollar for rice, beans, meat, vegetables (today, chicory and tomatoes) and dessert, which is usually fruit. Today, though, it was a piece of goiabada, a sweet made from guava. I happened to find two classmates and sit by them, and toward the end of the meal, when I opened up my little packet of goiabada, the two looked at me and just handed me theirs! Turns out, neither of them likes it. I was so happy I could've cried, and they realized that and were happy too and said they'd save up future goiabadas for me. It was just this tiny, tiny gesture of kindness, but it brightened all our days <3

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    • Like x 5
  8. Acey

Those of you who read the General Advice board probably know about the nasty abscess I had in my mouth. It was thick and gross, it covered the entire bottom half of my left cheek and part of my lower lip, and it was so swollen that I had difficulty speaking coherently. (Not to mention painful enough that I was scared to eat anything with jagged edges, like toast or crackers or chips, for fear of scraping against it...)

I was given an injection of antibiotics when I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and I got prescribed a course of oral antibiotics as well. I'm extremely happy to say that they're working like a charm! In less than a week, that enormous abscess has all but disappeared, save for a tiny rough patch that's rapidly vanishing. It was actually kind of fun to notice it shrinking, not gonna lie. XD

It doesn't even hurt much anymore (there's a tiny bit of stinging if I scrape against it, but it's negligible)--in fact, the spot on my hip where I got the injection hurts way more than the ex-abscess, and that's just a small bruise that only hurts at all when I lie down on it. The soreness in my neck and jaw is totally gone too.

I do have a follow-up appointment with my main doctor on Wednesday morning, and obviously I'm going to finish the course of antibiotics because I know not doing so is a bad idea, but I'm so glad it's gone. (And my mom finally came around and offered to pay the bills, realizing that I had a really good reason to see a doctor about it--she's even taking the time to remind me to take my antibiotics, and she's taking me to my appointment on Wednesday without any grumbling. I'm really glad all that got sorted.)

• Like x 2
  9. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

finished a FST for one of my ships that turned out pretty great, and there's minific for each song and everything.

10. MintyJojo

MintyJojo Well-Known Member

There are chocolate cookies waiting for me in the car when I'm done with classes and they're the soft chewy kind which I like

• Like x 1
  11. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

1) IT guy came today, games are running again and I won't need to blow money on any new parts, yay! I get to Dragon Age again!!!!

2) Finished grading 100 essays in 48 hours. Mission accomplished!

3) Gonna go for dinner with dad and bro and dad will hand me a package of colorful bowties and suspenders I ordered that just came in the mail :3333

• Like x 2
  12. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Started playing DA: I again. Had a good laugh at myself for attempting to romance a gay man and a straight woman, back to back. After spending the entirety of ME2 attempting to woe Jack, I feel confident that I have nothing even vaguely resembling a gaydar. Also, the weird shortcuts I take and the dopy, permanently sheepish expression on my Qunari mage makes for an interesting feel to the character. Very distinct from my "southern gentle(wo)man" Shepard, which I'm pretty happy about. I get the feeling that my characters in these types of games come out pretty samey, so. It's just kind of nice, yeh?
    Oh yeah, and I did some hurty stuff, so that sucks, but I've found out that I have a weirdly high pain tolerance compared to the rest of my family, and I am unduly pleased with myself.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    • Like x 2
  13. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Favorite way to come out as hella queer: wear my cute necklace with the red fabric rosebuds, and when complimented on it, remark that it was a gift from my ex girlfriend.

Note: I dated the girl for like 3 weeks, in 2013, and we've been great friends since. She's my eternal Token Girlfriend Hey Guys I May Not Have a Romantic Life But I Am Totally Queer OK

• Like x 4
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Favorite snuggly lace top coordinated purrfectly with corset.

• Like x 3
  15. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

Someone I knitted a scarf for give me a diary.

It made me happy, but then I realized that I would sort of need to do something interesting once in a while in order to use it. LOL

• Like x 1
  16. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

My sister's coming home tomorrow! And my mom and I are going to see Kazuo Ishiguro (she's the big fan, but I quite like what I've read). Dreading the driving and navigating the event a bit, but pretty excited about getting to do a Fun Thing with Parent on the whole.

• Like x 1
  17. cantankerousAquarius

cantankerousAquarius Acrasial Macrology

There was a new substitute teacher at my school and she took minute-by-minute notes of everything that happened. Heavens above, it was hilarious. My friend had an entire paragraph devoted to her activities.

• Like x 1
  18. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Played with one of my kitties today until she was panting, but she kept begging to play some more. Bargained for cuddles with her and two of the others instead. She seemed to find this agreeable. My cats are adorable.

• Like x 3
  19. MintyJojo

MintyJojo Well-Known Member

Cleaned up my desk, reorganized my bookshelves and somehow I feel Cleaner

• Like x 2
  20. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Happy thing: sister made it back in one piece, event went well. I had fun! And I got off work two hours before I was expecting to today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice