What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Bittersweet but:

Stumbled on a super cute YT channel, Cooking With Dog. A Japanese woman who goes by Chef cooks with her dog Francis, who until recently sat on the counter and "narrated" all the steps- I'm not sure Chef is ever shown speaking to the camera even in the off-set videos? Since I discovered one of the older videos (from ~2008 I think?) I saw comments mourning Francis's passing and had to check to see if the channel was still going; how do you Cook With Dog without Dog?

Chef is still cooking! Over the years she's acquired a bunch of Francis merch and now the merch narrates in his voice. I thought a talking apron would be creepy but it's. Cripplingly adorable. The plush that was used for the Go! Francis! videos also sits in Francis's spot. He's still there, in spirit if not in body. It's 3am and I'm crying happy tears because Francis is such a Good Boy he wouldn't let a little thing like death stop him from cooking with Chef and teaching people.

The Go! Francis! videos are also too cute. In these Francis (in plush form) travels around to different restaurants talking about food and stuff. Here's the teaser for them:

ETA: looks like Chef talks fairly often in the later episodes, I was just still in the older ones that were simpler. Francis still does most of the talking though.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    • Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I've dropped a couple pounds this year; not much, but the first time I've actually lost weight in my life! Now I need to replace a bunch of clothes, which is annoying, but meh.

• Winner x 3
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

there's a new temple/biff fic! :D:D:D

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 8.13.43 AM.png
    (read from bottom to top)

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 4
  5. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

i found another fic in the rarepare that so far i'm p much the only one who writes

• Winner x 10
  6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

THE NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE EPISODES AAAAAAAAH

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
  7. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

something about buying action figures as a grown ass adult is just good.
    tiny plastic men with guns, the ultimate nirvana

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 4
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

addendum: tiny plastic robots with guns (and swords)

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 1
  9. Hawkeguy

Hawkeguy struggling to complete this thought

i am in posession of BOTH tiny plastic men AND tiny robots! nirvana squared!

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 2
  10. Acey

I am not much of an action figure person myself (although I'm super glad they make you guys so happy!), but I have a FUCKTON of plushies and I've been collecting the SU Funkos (just need Lapis, Rose, and Lion!), which is similar enough and also feels amazing. :D

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I am the plushie princen, it me. I have a legit excuse I can use to make people feel bad for judging me (nightmares if I don't have snugs) but honestly I just love plushies and soft stuff and HAVING A BILLION COOL CRITTERS ON MY BED

• Winner x 1
  12. Acey

SPEAKING OF WHICH:
    [​IMG]
    Here is my family of SU Funkos, carefully arranged. They make me very happy and I figured y'all needed to see them.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. Panda

Panda Fuzzy critter

I have a job assessment on Monday!!!!

• Winner x 5
  14. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I got into a flame war yesterday with an anti who couldn't find their own ass with both hands and a map, because they decided it was okay to send hate to my friend over a ship they wrote. My friend has super bad anxiety and was freaking out, so I asked if I could handle it. They said yes, I replied to the anti, and then spent the next couple hours dragging the motherfucker like it was my one true purpose.

I will never, ever send anyone hate for what they drew or wrote, because that's art and in art all things are permissable (as long as no real people are directly harmed), but hateful messages are not art an I will use all of my college educated sass to make a hater realize how much you do not fuck with me.

The other thing is that fighting with me is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a while, if you're smart, you'll realize that the pig likes it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Winner x 7
  15. Acey

I had my first driving lesson yesterday and it went really well!!!

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 3
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I made my first meal in my new pressure cooker and it turned out really good

Another cooking-related small happiness: the recipe I submitted got accepted for my university's first cookbook

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 1
  17. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

[​IMG]
    Holy crap I look like five miles of shit in this pic because I have had a long tough week, but I GOT MABEL'S SWEATER

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  18. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Sibling has a job interview!

• Winner x 4
  19. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

My laptop is fixed and on its way back, and it was covered under warranty!

• Winner x 2
  20. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I got a really cute green lipstick today! And with a teal one coming in the mail (colourpop's Dr M) I finally have a lipstick of every* color and my collection is Satisfied :D

*technically my yellow lipstick is a gold glitter lip topper but I uh. Don't care about yellow

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice