What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

For the first time in nearly half a year, we actually finished stocking our load on the day it came in without even going overtime
    I don't know what productivity fairy just appeared but here we are

• Winner x 6
  2. Loq

Sweet sweet new books

• Winner x 6
  3. Toby

Toby vinny say something funny [18+]

This happened.
    [​IMG]

4. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

so, story time
    ok, so i showered monday morning and got a hair appointment for wednesday. didn't shower tuesday because i didn't really need one and you're not supposed to wash your hair the day before you get it done anyway. didn't shower wednesday because i got my hair done and then was running around all day, and you're supposed to give newly dyed hair 24-48 hours to set anyway. didn't shower thursday morning because it hadn't been 24 hours yet and I got home from work at midnight, fell into bed, and didn't wake up until 15 minutes before my shift this morning. worked all day and finally showered when i got home tonight.
    so basically is spent five days getting increasingly crusty (i washed my face every day so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but i still woke up rank this morning and spent the day working) and finally took a shower tonight, and it was the second best shower of my life.
    The best shower of my life was almost immediately (like an hour and a half) preceded by the words "we all smell like this and we're not going to talk about it now get in the car."

• Winner x 1
  5. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I have been dyeing my hair every 3-6 weeks for at least 20 years, because I started going grey at 21 and salt and pepper is not a good look for me even though there are other folks who look great that way.

If I washed it every time I took a shower, it would be destroyed. Also, a lot of lolita/pinup hairstyles are easier to do if your hair hasn't been washed for a day or so.

I recommend those large claw/banana clips and/or a shower cap. I don't usually use a cap unless I need it to stay absolutely dry (shampoo does more damage than water) but even just pinning it up with a banana clip usually keeps it mostly dry, particularly if I wash my face at the sink and don't stick my head directly under the shower head.

6. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I usually shower every other day and wash it then. Thats about as fast as it gets greasy and I get gross. This was just an extra bad week.

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Angora ferrets. The closest I've ever seen to a walking pillow.

• Winner x 3
  8. Kodachi

Kodachi Well-Known Member

Falcon Heavy launch and synchronized booster landings.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. My car is fixed!

• Winner x 6
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

i got a wireless bra THAT ACTUALLY FITS, i finally have a choice other than shitty sports bra that i cant quite breathe properly in or tit pain

• Winner x 6
  11. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

Fiance got his learner's permit I'm so PROUD!!!!!!

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I scarred people with rat facts! :D

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 1
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

So far I've written FOUR one-shots for Femslash February, and I think I may well finish a fifth today! Granted, most of them are super short, but still, I'm actually writing!

• Winner x 8
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Got gendered correctly while out, even though the server saw my legal gender marker on my ID.

• Winner x 12
  15. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Coworker dude I really like has only been doing T for 2 months and his voice is already dropping! And one of the customers correctly gendered him today!

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  16. Loq

MY TOWN'S GOT A CAT CAFE NOW

• Winner x 12
  17. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

i have acquired.......... a Man

he is not a traditional man. he is soft and yielding, and offers comfort and security. i would trust him with my life. i never knew there was room in my heart for any man other than steve. but now that he's here, i can't imagine being apart from him ever again.

his name..... is william
    WIN_20180209_213222.JPG

WIN_20180209_213154.JPG

WIN_20180209_213135.JPG

WIN_20180209_213235.JPG

WIN_20180209_213114.JPG

I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner x 14
  18. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I got reblogged by Unpretty and got two nice comments on my old crackfic, which are both good ways to start out the morning.

• Winner x 6
  19. Loq

Updoot: cat cafe has been visited!!!!! Many good cats!!!!!!!!!!

• Winner x 13
    • Agree x 1
  20. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I went to Target to get my meds refill and ended up buying some groceries also (as you do) and hence had to get in line to get a staff member to let me out with the cart so I could get a cab. As I was standing in line I noticed that the staff member was wearing a red lolita blouse instead of the usual red polo shirt. She looked up and told me that my dress was pretty and looked very lolita. I told her that it was in fact a Yumetenbo dress. She looked familiar but I couldn't place her.

Then she looked at my phone case. "What's that on your phone case?"

"Thylacines--Tasmanian tigers--"

"I think I know you!"

Her nametag said "Maggie" and she looked kind of like an old friend of mine who was thinner that I haven't seen in at least 3 years, which is more than enough time for her to have gained a little weight and of course, if it was her, I wasn't blonde the last time she saw me, so I said, "Are you Maggie C--? I'm Kiri M--"

Then she got someone else to take over the customer service desk and we reconnected while we waited for my cab. :) :) :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    • Winner x 11
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice