What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I ordered a really cute and gay SU t-shirt and it’s already shipped so I’m getting it soon!! :D

• Winner x 7
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

IM GOING TO SEE THE NEW JURASSIC WORLD MOVIE! My mom just ordered the tickets online as a surprise! Im so excited, holy shit yes. One of my longest standing special interests is getting more content to sperg over
    :hussiedance:

Edit: puting a spoiler on just in case my super vague description of a scene is gonna ruin part of the fun

It was fantastic! Warning though, theres a super fucking sad bit that made me cry and thinking about it makes me wanna cry more

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Heck yeah, teaching genetics again. Thank you gods of TA assignment for not making me teach something new.

• Winner x 6
  5. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Finally got the monster zit behind my ear to pop, so I can drain it. (It's also...super gross, and I wasn't actually trying to pop it at the time.)

• Winner x 2
  6. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Strangely, learning that the legend of Stan Rogers' death (that he was helping people escape from the plane when the flash fire happened) was a lie (because of how there were 90 seconds between crash and fire) BUT that the same crash is why there are smoke detectors in plane lavatories and emergency lights along the aisle floors. I don't know why it makes me happy, but... it does.

Also, yesterday at work someone called in about one of our seeds, and I was bracing myself for a complaint that probably was actually "I'm gardening without reading or following the instructions on the packet", but they were actually just so thrilled with our cucumbers that they wanted to get a catalog of all our seeds so they could see what we have and buy more. That was a very pleasant surprise.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

temple/loco fanart! :D:D:D

• Winner x 2
  8. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

So I got into a low level manic episode for a few days from tuesday to saturday, set off by a decently good thing happening and continuing because that thing kept happening. (the thing was that i got a new fountain pen that writes extraordinarily well. I'm easy to please.) I wrote every spare second i could for four days straight, banged out 10,000 words, and only stopped because my pen ran out of ink and it'll be a few days before I can write with it again because the cartridges are brand-specific and not sold in any local stores, unless i want to buy a whole new pen. at the end of my manic phases are always depressions. this one wasn't looking to be too bad because the mania wasn't too high, so the slump wouldn't be too low, but depressions still aren't fun and I have shit I need to do. Part of the depression was that I couldn't find the second ink cartridge that came with my new pen so my period of insanely high productivity was cut artificially short.

Then I was grabbing stuff out of my car today and what did I find but THE FUCKING INK CARTRIDGE! MANIC EPISODE IS BACK, BABY!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  9. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Sinh to bo is "ripe avocado blended with ice, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk" and tastes like green vegetably happiness. I could happily drink one of those every other day for a month, at least.

Also, beef tendon is delicious, and I'm so glad that I dared to try the "adventurer" section of the pho menu. (Not quite as glad that Matesprit oops'd and got Housemate and I both the spicy broth, because holy crap they are not messing around with the spice level here.)

• Informative x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

The answer key for the entrance exams I took a couple weeks ago is out, and while I only got the transcript for my answers of the day 2 test because I'm a huge dumbass, I got either partial or full points in all but one of the twenty questions! Sadly the writing grade isn't out yet, and as I said I didn't get the transcript for days 1 and 3, but getting around a 90% in Portuguese, Literature and English as MFL feels... pretty nice.

• Winner x 5
  11. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

My remaining assistant has been SUPER nice and understanding about me being sort of bummed out/out of it this week with the gf leaving and I just appreciate that so much ;v; I feel dumb and weak when brain is like TOO MANY EMOTIONS CANNOT FOCUSTHINKWORK and it's nice to have someone be like 'boss it's okay I know you miss her you should miss her'

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Have not info checked yet, but:

Giant pandas are finally off the endangered list!

• Winner x 5
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

ANNOUNCEMENT: i was able to cross "hold and pet a chinchilla" off my bucket list today! She was so soft, as many other chinchilla holders can attest. I'm talking like, indescribable softness. It was wonderful.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  14. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

congrat :000000 Very Soff.........

i'm glad bc i cooked a good food

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  15. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

My partner was talking about Dike, the goddess of Justice, but I realized the proper pronunciation is, essentially, D.K. and all I could think of was Donkey Kong. Justice Ape!

• Winner x 5
  16. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

recently worked up the courage to ask a fanfic author I really liked who was no longer posting on ao3 if I could read their fanfic, and they said I could and then shared their new stuff with me!!!!

• Winner x 7
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I had a really good day today - went to the beach with my sibling for the first time in years, then came home and ate junk food while watching Elementary. I love the beach and the ocean and swimming so much, I’m really glad we decided to go today. The sunburns are totally worth it

• Winner x 5
  18. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

THERE EXISTS SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD A COLLAPSIBLE STAFF I DID NOT KNOW THIS BEFORE BUT I AM FILLED WITH DELIGHT AND ALSO MUST HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW IMMEDIATELY

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  19. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

My mom just finished helping book my flights for the concerts I’m going to in November!! I’m seeing TMBG two nights in a row, the first time with some long-time friends from an old forum (I’ve known these people since I was 12 and we’re finally gonna meet face-to-face!), the second with a different but equally awesome friend I met through the band. And while I’m in Toronto I’m gonna hang with my awesome cousin!!

I can’t believe this is really happening aaaaaaaaah

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
  20. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice