What made YOU happy recently?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Acey, Feb 25, 2015.

1. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I got my hair done! It's a lot shorter now (I had it clipped down to an asymmetric pixie cut from what was just past my shoulders), and I got it dyed purple. And the whole experience was just - really awesome and fun? I got tea while I was sitting and waiting for my turn, and the stylist did all sorts of little things to just make the experience that much more pleasant? Like tucking my purse away somewhere safe, and checking to see if I was doing okay and not physically uncomfortable at any point or unhappy with the length or the way the bangs were sitting, and searching everywhere to find protectors for my glasses so I could wear them and read magazines while sitting around and waiting for the dye to set (and getting me tea to drink while I did that), and wiping up the extra dye with a damp towel so I wouldn't have any on my ears or neck (or temples) afterwards. And I got a scalp massage while she washed my hair! (And there was conversation, but - it felt really natural? And not like she was just doing it as part of What Happens During Haircuts, or cos she wasn't comfortable with silence.)

And I got compliments on how my hair looked from all the other employees who were passing by her station as she finished up, and products to help make sure that the colour lasts as long as possible and my hair keeps looking awesome, and she gave me a lot of tips on how to style it so that it'll look nice after I've finished washing it - including going and checking with someone else on what would work best for curly hair if you're letting it dry naturally instead of blow-drying it. (And the receptionist went "Okay, these bottles of product? They'll last you about two years. The amount you need to use is really minimal, they're concentrated.")

• Winner x 12
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Winner x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Got my first gray hair! :toot::toot::toot:

Edit: its not related to the video, im just excited because my family pulls off salt and pepper really well

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
  4. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

been rping again the past couple days after quite a few months off and some inconsistent failed attempts and I'm really getting into the groove and enjoying writing again!

• Winner x 4
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

This is so cute

• Agree x 2
  6. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

Getting the reaction "WHAT THE FUCK" from multiple people after explaining the intro to Ori and the Blind Forest is giving me LIFE

• Winner x 3
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I'm making an actual serious dent in cleaning my room! I've been doing a fuckton of laundry and putting it away properly (which has already made the mounds of crap a LOT smaller) and taking out at LEAST one empty can/bottle or piece of trash every time I exit my room, and just those two steps have made a noticeable difference in a matter of days!

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 4
  8. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

My players finished their first ever dnd campaign tonight, after about three months of weekly meetings. They started at level one and ended at level five, and managed to beat the big bad, with a little help from a dmpc and some mannequins to fight for them. I'm super proud of them, especially because for a lot of them this is their first time playing dnd, and for one of them it's his first tabletop experience ever.

Afterwards we talked about it a little, what they liked, what could have been done better, and I thanked them for making this a priority and not letting life get in the way, how it does with so many groups. We only played for the summer, so it was a short campaign, but we met every single week with only like three exceptions. They shot back with thanking me for making it worth prioritizing. It's two hours later and i still have warm fuzzies. They liked my campaign. They liked it enough to free up three hours a week and keep it free for three months.

*happydance*

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 1
  9. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

treated myself to some fast food on the way home as a late gift to myself for getting halfway through my current work contract!

• Winner x 2
  10. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Someone reblogged a joking poetry commissions posts I made in frustration. Sincerely. Nothing will likely come of that but the gesture is sweet and it makes me happy that someone likes my work enough to pimp me out.

• Winner x 3
  11. Misty Pond

I finally got a new phone to replace my old-as-hell one!!!! it has a camera too so I can finally take photos of the cat and pretty scenery to hoard!!!

• Winner x 6
  12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

• Winner x 1
  13. Misty Pond

a little red ladybug hitched a ride on my arm for a while when I was walking home from work today! I feel blessed

• Winner x 9
    • Like x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I've only been to the gym twice, but I think my arm flab has already tightened up a bit. My weight is also much higher than I'd like, but not nearly as high as I thought it was.

• Winner x 5
  15. Acey

I dyed my hair Obnoxiously Neon Salmon the other day and I'm totally in love with how it came out!! :D

[​IMG]

It practically glows in the sunlight, and it apparently actually glows under blacklight? I wanna get a blacklight bulb and test that out!

• Winner x 12
    • Like x 1
  16. Acey

Sorry for the double post, but this was just such a blessed thing and I need to share it.

I'm at a con, which is already happymaking, and I went to a lil Gravity Falls fan panel. I wound up sitting next to a middle-aged couple, a man and a woman, who were both super nice!

Turns out, their daughter was on the panel as Wendy, and they were there to support her and watch her up there! They both spoke glowingly of her and gushed about her cosplays--her dad even said "I wouldn't trade her for the world," which was so sweet. It was just a really beautiful and wholesome thing, seeing such proud and loving parents cheering their kid on, and it made my night.

(Also, her dad was SUCH A DADâ„¢ and made several bad puns while we were chatting. XD)

• Winner x 13
  17. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I have korean egg bread for breakfast. Which is basically "hard-cooked egg baked inside a vanilla muffin", they're delicious.

• Winner x 3
    • Informative x 2
  18. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I missed chipcheezum & co's livestream fundraiser for hurley childrens hospital but on the plus side:

20180904_193028.jpg

forty thousand dollars for the hospital in flint michigan :000000 thats on top of the previous 2 years where i dont remember how much they raised but they are still taking donations for this year i think

Tweet link

super mario odyssey link

• Winner x 3
  19. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

doublepost...

the Mountain Goats Shitposting group im in did another small community cover and im glad i participated (i did a singing....screms)

• Winner x 3
  20. kleric

kleric Member

got the job!!! am baby librarian now!!!

• Winner x 15
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice