What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Had the last of three straight days of EXPRESS TREATING a root canal gone bad and two cavities. not exactly productive in that sense, but i had been putting it off for, like... two or three months? So yay me.

I also went to have a talk with college people about my Very Definite Final Paper.

2. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I drew a page of the thing! *faceplants on desk*

3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

doing laundry, filled out most of my exmat application.

4. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I did the dishes that accumulated since Thursday :D
    Also I made lunch. Now I just have to shower, make dinner, and fold the laundry.

5. Greywing

Greywing Resident dead bird

Packed my clothes in preparation for moving, finished a commission and got paid for it, made a tasty diner, showered, painted my nails, called my grandmother (which I'd been putting off for a week), and cleaned the bedroom. Huh. I didn't realize I'd done so much until I wrote it out.

6. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Skill tree BASIC PLUMBING REPAIR unlocked!

Replaced the kitchen sink strainer nut and washers after the old nut quite literally fell the fuck apart. This required a trip to Home Depot for a $3 part, a $6 whole damn strainer assembly in case everything went to shit and which is now sitting on my counter while I ponder maybe replacing the one in the other side of the sink just for the hell of it, and a $12 weird-ass wrench I will probably never use again unless I replace the strainer in the other side of the sink just for the hell of it.

Also someone please explain to me how it is that I had a small tub of plumber's putty in my Prop Making Stuff box which would have served absolutely no useful prop making purposes... but I don't have ONE SINGLE GODDAMN WIRE BRUSH IN THIS APARTMENT?

• Like x 1
  7. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Got some good stuff done today. Vacuumed house; mopped kitchen, shower room and entryway; aired main bed; put a load of washing on; scrubbed the kitchen sink; cleaned the bins; and am in in the process of sterilizing water bottles and blender cups. If I can clear off the dresser and floor in the living room I will have officially Accomplished a Thing.

• Like x 1
  8. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Navigated to and from a new place for a Pick Up Extra Hours At Other Store shift without use of a GPS or maps, just street signs.

9. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I cosplayed as Oily. What, that's productive!

• Like x 2
  10. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

I wrote like a page of grad school essay and did a half hour of other miscellaneous work on my applications. This doesn't sound like much, but considering how crappy today is, it's pretty good. Maybe I will also fold the laundry. Am supposed to pretend to be a person for long enough to have dinner with boyfriend's aunt. Not sure how that will work.

11. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

I just calculated the total running time of all Scooby Doo cartoons and movies. I was trying to determine whether or not it was longer than The Simpsons (it's not).

• Like x 3
  12. oph

More productively, my youtube channel finally has channel art.

13. oph

My random-character-generation program now spits out a primary skin tone for all three possible species, in HTML notation.

• Like x 1
  14. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Finally made my gem for Amethyst, and managed to finish the pants as well! (I'm using skinny jeans instead of leggings--I simply cannot wear leggings without a skirt over them 'cause my ass is huge and it makes my underwear show and that's not pleasant for anyone--but the look is the same I think.)

• Like x 2
  15. oph

Recorded a video last night, edited and uploaded it today. My goal is to have a video up every day this month (and today. Gotta start on a Monday).

• Like x 1
  16. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Bought notebooks!

• Like x 1
  17. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I actually organized most of a collaborative project today! Fuck yeah!

• Like x 1
  18. oph

I have followed the letter of my goal, though not the spirit. Videos uploaded very late today and yesterday.

19. sicklyprince

sicklyprince giant androgynous glam monster

cleaned up my room and finally pulled the 50+ posters off the wall so i can repaint sometime soon. i feel very accomplished :D

• Like x 1
  20. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

I worked on brainstorming ideas and fleshing out an idea for creating a safer space in the community for trans and queer people of color.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice