What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I did such stuuuuuuff.

I figured out why my Shadowrun Returns was being stupid and doing the blackscreen thing. I managed to get ~4 hours of sleep (yay!) Took shower (double yay!) Put on makeup (extra YAY!) Went to drugstore #1 to get a proper nail kit so I'll stop stealing gramma's + more horrorterror blood. Couldn't find either but did find decent eyeliner. Went to therapy, finally started talking about a thing I haven't told anyone who knows me in meatspace but is actually pretty important to understanding certain people's motivations while fucking up my life. So major breakthrough there. Hit drugstore #2, got nail kit, decent concealer, holdover mascara until I can find something I definitely like. Also got primers because they were there and I like the brand's other stuff and want to give them a try. Talked makeup with little sister. Helped little sister with friend drama. Did not PTFO. Still awake, poking at things. Need to eat before my to-do list is done tho.

ETA: OH! Also made my nails nice (hands and feet) because I have a new kit and needed to fidget.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

I organised my bookshelves!!

[​IMG]
    Books being Got Rid Of. I was experiencing sincere distress at the thought of getting rid of books but I started by buying paperback/ebook copies of all my hardbacks and disposing of all the books I had in duplicate (I have multiple copies of some Wodehouse and a lot of old sci-fi) and by that point I was feeling adjusted enough to the idea to chuck stuff like shitty tie-in novels and shitty YA other people bought me as gifts.
    These bookpiles reach to my groin and are sitting right next to my door so every time I enter or exit I fear either knocking the book piles over or suffering a hardback to the euphemism.

Anyway check out What Happens Next:

[​IMG]
    Space on my shelves! Actual space! You don't understand, for the past two or three years my bookshelf has been packed solid with books and new ones have been piling up on the floor and in my wardrobe. This is like, beyond the impossible levels of book-tidying for me. (Also, check out my taste in kids' books! The rest of my DWJ collection is all in ebook format but I could have sworn I had more Tamora Pierce than that, time to celebrate empty space on my bookshelf by buying books to fill it all up clearly.)
    I really liked Death Note when I was fourteen or so but I'm only keeping it now because otherwise I will need to face up to the fact that I read a lot of magical girl manga and not much else. I have interests which don't involve girls punching things i swear!!

Bonus:
    [​IMG]
    Haha I genuinely forgot I owned this. Time to put it back on my to-read list, I guess.

• Like x 3
  3. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

I didn't throw cinnamon disks at the people talking near my office, I didn't throw Mouse's shoe at him when it was near me, I didn't make loud screeching noises when motel power went out on my puters, I didn't make loud screeching noises when the motel net died cause an idiot clerk thought that "reset" and "pull the plug while I go get coffee" meant the same thing.
    I made it through a Friday without even getting close to a meltdown!

• Like x 5
  4. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I took a fucking load of and drnk a WHOLE BUNCH of alchole at my mum's party

5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Did laundry, fixed my nails (removed chipped coat and added fresh coat of glittery nail hardener), Got noms.

• Like x 1
  6. ectoBiologist

ectoBiologist I'm a wise guy

I went to group therapy, individual therapy, bought things for the house, made THREE phone calls (whaaat!!! AWESOME) AND met with my volunteer coordinator at this clinic I volunteer at who talked to me about a bunch of projects I could plug into while working there. Yay!

• Like x 3
  7. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I finished my programming a day earlier than I planned! I'm so excited. I've been behind all week and freaking out and aaahhh I'm so happy.

• Like x 3
  8. Vierran

Vierran small and sharp

I went to my volunteer job! This is a significant victory considering that brainweird was being utter shit all day!

• Like x 2
  9. smyxolotl

smyxolotl a person.

I got up ridiculously early to finish my paper before a seminar and then I went to the seminar and actually expressed coherent thoughts about scientific theory and even expressed my opinions to a teacher that I am super scared/in awe of. So. Go me! (incidentally I now feel like a lump of slime and will not do a productive thing for the rest of today.)

• Like x 2
  10. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Housemate and I picked up EVERYTHING in the living room short of major furniture, then vacuumed, then I built myself a new bed (INFLATO MATTRESS. I AM NOW MORE THAN TWO INCHES OFF THE GROUND.) and then finally I made quesadillas.

FLOOOOP. flop.

• Like x 1
  11. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I wrote a thing! that is the only productive thing I have done all day but I am proud of myself

12. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I have started the process of puppy proofing my room, and tentatively extended a request for supplies to build a puppy pen on facebook. Letting myself know now that I might have to go up to the hardware store if nobody has the things I need, and that it will be okay and I will survive the process if it comes to it.
    Now I'm working up the courage to start shifting boxes (and styrofoam //shudder) downstairs.

13. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

We dug out the other washing machine! Only for Housemate's dad to get disgusted at it because it's analog. then I finally got started on my tarot book bullshit liveblog

14. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

-mostly learned an aria
    -listened to one of two listening assignments
    -got back to, and passed, the spot where I fucked up my cross-stitch project
    -got stupid late fees reversed
    -reread religion assignment readings and jotted down draft answers
    -put away dishes, and did more dishes
    -froze the second-last meal of the month
    -made a big pot of soup for my moirail
    -figured out how to ship something to where it needs to go
    -endured a poorly-organized class
    -made bread
    -successfully fed myself
    -napped!

15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Vacuumed the heaters in my room so we can turn them on without burning dust smell
    Vacuumed the hole computer corner of my room while I was at it
    Rearranged to give myself a workspace again
    Fiddled with my Habitica settings to give me more useful reminders
    Chatted a little with each of my roommates
    Cleared the dishwasher and loaded it
    Cleaned the sink
    Swept the kitchen floor
    Decided to contact my mom before she moves, after all

16. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Ripped up an entire bag of sensitive documents to be thrown away after putting it off forever, at the cost of my hands.
    Repackaged the cardboard trash so I could handle lugging the tub out to put it in the proper bin around the block.
    Laid down when I got back in so my heart rate could go down, instead of being stupid and staying up to do more things.
    Get more references for a commission I'm working on so I can go forward and finish it.
    Got references for a friends OCs to practice drawing furries.
    Made a FA account, finally.
    Pushed through symptoms to keep working on fashion drawing requests.
    Fed myself.

17. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

yesterday, (because I didnt write this down yesterday) I..
    did two loads of laundry
    finished the last of my current math homework (at that time, now i have more)
    went to a chiropracters appointment
    sorted and put away laundry
    ate
    finally wrote down problems on kintsugi

today
    went to school (for a halfday, but whatever its something)
    did things at school such as
    get homework
    do maths
    read in french in library
    get french library books
    wrote more questions for me to answer for a project

18. Imoyram

almost completley caught up on duolingo after like 4 days out of it

19. Imoyram

whoops im spamming this thread..

I did math homework! (and swore my face off at it cause im super tired, but thats not important)

20. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Didn't chicken out of my first therapist appointment. She's making scary words at me, but I think I kept it calm and okay and only rambled a bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice