What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. yesterday and today i've worked on the haphazard beginnings of turning the family dog into an almost-service dog.* i've got the foundations for speak, leave it, and under tentatively sketched out now 8)

*i'm going to end up w/ a service dog and i want practice first, dangit. and my parents get a better trained dog out of the deal, so.

• Like x 2
  2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

paid a dentist bill \o/

• Like x 1
  3. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Passed the halfway mark for required dives for Dive Master!

• Like x 5
  4. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

Saved my cousin from a Facebook virus!

• Like x 3
  5. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

I managed to catch a nippy runaway hamster without getting bit with only a flashlight and plastic mixing bowl.

• Like x 4
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

FINALLY managed to break up the package of chicken I bought a while ago enough to get some started marinating and the rest individually ziplocked and stuck back in the freezer. I really need to stop buying in bulk and then freezing the whole package.

• Like x 1
  7. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I worked for 5 hours on 3 hours sleep today. The reason i'm telling you this, is that it explains the following statement.

I read "chicken" as "Children" at first.

• Like x 6
  8. evilas

Checked off a single item from my Habitica to-do list! (yayy I'm so productive!)

• Like x 1
  9. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Finally finished a poem I've been gnawing at for years because I couldn't manage to finish it

• Like x 1
  10. Everett

dropped off the work car in the proper place, sent my boss my notes, picked up my prescriptions, bought some skim milk powder so i can at least have milk for tea. also set up my new insulin pump, in the morning i will get the data off my old one and take it to the post office to be sent off. whew

• Like x 2
  11. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I called the SSI office and set up an appointment for filling out my SSI forms!
    someone give me a gold star

• Like x 7
  12. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

i went down to the local community college and completed a step in their registration red tape. college is hard

• Like x 4
  13. evilas

I set up Chrome Remote Desktop to make it easier to access stuff in my other computer.

• Like x 1
  14. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I finished a drawing and did another quick half hour drawing even when i'd decided to take the day off and not have to draw!! I did a thing because I wanted to and felt inspired and not out of a giant battle with my executive dysfunction!!!!!!

• Like x 2
  15. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I cleaned the trash can with bleach and paid rent/parking/a dental bill. Then I had to scrub the tub because I washed the trash can in the tub. Then I had to do the sink too because it was there.

• Like x 1
  16. i got showered and dressed in clean clothes! and did a load of laundry. now i'm going to go get clothes for the year.

17. iff

iff Well-Known Member

Dropped off some paperwork, picked up my prescriptions, recycled my old broken phone, and sent an email. And interacted with like 5 people in the process wow.

18. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Put laundry in washing machine even tho it was evening, and hung it up even tho I'm almost falling asleep.
    (Jokes on me, I need the undies)

19. Everett

Laundry before going to an appointment. Hoping to figure out how to pay a bill so i can get that out of the way too.

• Like x 1
  20. renegadereveler

renegadereveler Floof King

Finished content & citations for Part 2 of 3 of my engineering thesis today, and sent to my advising professor.

This feels like a big milestone because, although it's super short (8 pages of content, 24 pages with figures and references--welcome to the world of technical papers, lol) it's taken me an absurdly long time to finish--3-4 weeks. It was supposed to take 1-2. That's mainly because of a whole bunch of shit that went down with my mom in addition to being hit very suddenly with a whole crapload of anxiety and depression and executive dysfunction. And all of that has happened during the time it took to write this fucking part of this fucking paper.

I don't know. It's probably wishful thinking, but the fact that I'm done with Part 2 makes me hope that I'm turning over a new page...that all the bad stuff associated with this particular chunk of writing will start to diminish now that the writing's over.

At the very least, I can stop associating this part of the writing with all the stressful shit I've been going through.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice