What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Finally, finally gave the crewmembers that needed it feedback on their work. gaah directing is hell

2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

Cleaned up another Chunk of Room (this time the section between my usual chair and teh wall that tends to Accumulate Trash) and did another Batch of the Dishes (six bowls, including two from the Terrorizing Mold Pile, all the little plates my housemate feeds her cat on, a frying pan, ALL SIX GROSS SERVING SPOONS, one regular plate, a glasserole dish and another good handful of regular utensils).

Gonna take the sack of Room Trash downstairs before I sleep, also.

• Like x 1
  3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Looked for a different inspection place to bypass the anxiety keeping me from the previous one
    Called to see if they had openings
    Called again, ten minutes later, when it rang forever
    Went
    Got car inspected
    Passed inspection
    Went sock shopping
    Got steel-toed boots for work with holiday rush
    Got butter and stuff
    Hung out in living room playing video games where people could social with me, instead of hermiting right away
    Gave the needy dog attention

• Like x 3
  4. hanka

hanka the sweetest double agent

got up in the morning hangover-free after a whopping 15 shots last night (it was vodka vednesday) and delivered a flawless final presentation on censorship and historical revision in tibet. ah, to be young.

• Like x 3
  5. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

baked nut-and-chocolate muffins

and yesterday i finished my sister's christmas present

• Like x 1
  6. theambernerd

slowly getting my last final done. did a quick drawing impulsively without procrastinating, which is rare and really nice
    also recorded 50 minutes of babbling for a video tag thing going through my youtube circle!

• Like x 1
  7. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I made decorations for the little Christmas tree that sits on my desk at work during the holidays. This year said tree is Portal themed.

[​IMG]

• Like x 7
  8. theambernerd

Today I:
    set up the files for all the animations I need to work on!!! huzzah!!
    told my crewmembers what to do over the next week/break!!!
    drew TWO WHOLE CATS :D
    and did the amount of daily hooman drawing practice I wanted to do!! huzzah!!

• Like x 2
  9. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I got all of my christmas shopping done.
    except for this one guy at amtgard, but I don't think I'm going to get him anything.
    I don't know him very well, and so far I don't like him much.

10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

• Like x 4
  11. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

signed up for more classes

12. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Went to the gym, put gas in the car, went to the grocery store, put the groceries away.

• Like x 1
  13. fractalLettuce

fractalLettuce a disaster cabbage

Finally ordered save-the-dates and postage, changed the linens, folded all the laundry before it got cold and wrinkled that way.

14. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

• Went to Petco to refill the refillable kitty litter bucket (30 pounds, says the label, but with enough shaking I can fit closer to 40 in there)
    • Went to Target, got stuff to make oreo cheesecake for choir Christmas party Wednesday night, got six-pack of Woodchuck for same, got new vacuum made for pet hair unlike weaksauce cheap vac I got 10 years ago
    • Obtained gas gift card and chocolate covered cherries for Stepmom, because she is moving and doesn't need any more Stuff
    • Got home to find parking spots closest to my building full of large trucks and realized I had about 100 pounds of shit to lug across the parking lot and up a flight of stairs
    • fuck
    • resolved to do the thing in as few trips as possible, did thing in two trips
    • Told Mom she and Stepdad need to figure out where in the big city they want to eat the day after Christmas and I would treat them, because they are moving and definitely don't need any more Stuff
    • CHRISTMAS IS HANDLED
    • set up new vacuum cleaner, vacuumed living room and hall, had to dump the canister like four times in the process, gazed in awe at massive pile of cat hair and dust in trash can when done

• Like x 4
  15. Sethrial MacCoill

For the last four months I've been in school in the busiest semester I've had almost ever (my first semester I took 18 hours. It was a terrible idea). So almost every waking moment I've had a running list of everything I need to be doing, when it's due, how important it is, and what will happen if I don't get it done. I have literally had to skip an assignment because I had a bigger, more important assignment due the same day and couldn't do both. That was my life for four months. There has not been a single waking moment in four months where I haven't had something hanging over my head.

Semester finished. Decent grades. Last final was taken on Tuesday and I aced it.

Since then, every once in a while that little panic alarm will sound in my head going "OH GOD WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE DOING RIGHT NOW!? YOU CAN'T BE SITTING AROUND!" and every time I get to stop for a moment, smile at the little voice, and quietly say "Nothing. There is nothing at all I need to do right now."

It's the best.

• Like x 10
  16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I bought a bunch of groceries and made a giant pot of food so I can eat leftovers for a couple days.

• Like x 4
  17. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

• Went to apartment office, signed new lease after grumpyfacing at the manager over the $60-a-month rent increase until she dialed it back a few bucks
    • Driving 2 1/2 hours to Mom and Stepdad's on Christmas morning, so figured I better get the oil changed
    • oh goody, one of the back tires is almost bald, guess I better see to that while I'm at a place with tires
    • went to ramen bar for late lunch/early dinner because fuck it
    • came home, put out cream cheese and cool whip to come to room temp and be turned into pies for tomorrow and Christmas
    • still probably need to cut my hair but ehhhh

18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Got groceries. Got other necessities. Did some laundry and dishes. Set up holiday tree and cleaned a bit. Ate food. Kept up with my food diary.

It sucks that all of these were major accomplishments. I hope that my energy levels get better. Partner's too.

19. Sethrial MacCoill

Got a job, made the dean's list. Not a bad day.

• Like x 3
  20. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

On thursday I did three things I hate doing -

1. Bloodletting. I developed an aversion to it during my three years of every-winter-in-hospital, but I needed to get it done so I can eventually go on hormone treatment and be a Real Boy! :D

2. Sitting in phone queues with tedious music. I should have done this like a month ago because I'm planning to go to a different provider in the new year - and my current one has filled my texts like a clingy ex - but I now have my PAC code so I can keep my mobile number when I move!

3. Maths. I managed to write up some of the expenses for one of the trips I'm planning to do in 2017, and while it completely burnt me out I feel better for having at least a ballpark plan.

(I am a proud!)

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice