What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Oh gosh for a minute I thought you said you bought cat food for easy, filling breakfasts and I became very concerned.

2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

I can't say I haven't contemplated it. But I have not yet sunk that low. I am a couple tiers above, in the ' beans and/or tuna straight from the can' school of culinary arts.

out of laziness, not desperation, mind.

3. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I washed my sheets!

Well, the lower sheet (which will need to be washed again - why does ANYONE put a ladyshape with active hormones in a bed with white sheets? bloodstains are like, inevitable) and the bedpad, but whatever. I have a load of regular laundry in the wash too.

• Like x 1
  4. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Washed walls, painted walls, washed cabinets and closets, watched kids. (my sister's getting ready to move into her house, I was helping out with that)

• Like x 1
  5. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Made scalloped potatoes and grilled chicken breasts for dinner. The potatoes I just winged from what we had available and they were excellent, although they did need about 10 more minutes in the oven the first time we tried to eat 'em. I like it when things work out.

6. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Past week I managed to get a rough outline of my story's universe written.
    Read like four books.
    Went to work today.
    Helped clear and put together shelves in a garage.
    Went to a therapist appointment yesterday, and let the receptionist help me set up an appointment with a new psychologist.
    Found out when vocational rehabilitation is.
    Went to the drive-in theater with the family! It was fun.

It's only Wednesday and i have got stuff done. I feel good. And also that I am gonna run into a wall soon

7. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I showered, did a social (COUSIN), and now I'm working on my fanfic again.

Gotta write fast, I want to update this on Saturday.........

8. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Filled out some boring forms and requested electricians to fix the lightbulb in my office! I didn't want to, to be honest, because it's way too lit and that gets headachey, but I'm not the only person to use the office and the others requested I do it, plus it's technically my duty because overseeing maintenance is my duty, so I had to suck it up and deal, and at least now it's done. I plan to also phone up some therapists AND read a boring document today.

Oh, and also I was a really good student in class today and contributed to the discussion!

EDIT: I did phone the therapists, but had to leave voicemail and now must wait for a callback, which I HATE HATE HATE because I'm shit at properly answering my phone /:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    • Like x 1
  9. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

I took a bio mid term and I turned in my anthropology notes. Hel yeah.

• Like x 2
  10. nekobakaz

nekobakaz our lady of contagious giggles

I sent in my intention to apply for grants from my school.

11. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I really should remember to count my charity-shop volunteering as productive. So- sorted a whole bunch of donated clothes and toys and books for the benefit of Keech Hospice Care. So many maternity clothes from the same donor!

12. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Trip to the bank to deposit checks, and continued drafting my letter to my dad for clearing the air between us.

13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i baked gluten free peanut butter cookies for my sister and nearly finished the dishes. i just gotta wait one more washer cycle to put the last load in (i live with a lot of people). the water company told everyone the water was safe again too, so i took a shower as well. i honestly feel a lot better now that's all sorted.

14. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I actually drew a thing!

Granted, it was a silly and ridiculous thing, but hey, I'm just glad to be drawing again. :)

• Like x 1
  15. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

It's a silly thing to count as productive, but went through all 144 skyrim mods I had installed and updated the ones that needed it and fixed my load order. It's one of my favorite escapes and I've been putting off playing because I've got so much crap installed and so much of it was beta/incomplete/otherwise needed updating.

16. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I think it's important to have escapes, so I think that counts, @Lazarae; having that escape will likely allow things to get better elsewhere as well since you'll have more energy for it.

17. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Totally woke up and felt really like not going to my classes or physical therapy, partially because I had forgotten to get the cash out to pay for the trip to said area... but in the meantime
    1. Updated my financial tracker information so it is accurate, something I've put off for... uh, two years.
    2. Responded to a few emails!
    3. Cleaned and organized my room
    4. Got dressed nicely even if nobody will see me
    5. And it is only 1pm, so it isn't like I slept in super late, I have kept my streak of "up and showered before 11 am"
    6. Did stuff on the flight rising site
    And I am going to do more! Probably should get food though.

• Like x 1
  18. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I got my art homework done and sent it in!

19. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

did two hours of work. navigated J to job interview. did a small grocery shopping trip. bought stamps. dropped off a letter. drove through near-rush-hour to get home.

20. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

I made a big pot of stew and also soda bread, which was interesting because I havent cooked anything more complicated than sammiches while watching little boy up until now. (He'll stand for being down in his bouncy seat for about five minutes, if Im lucky, before screaming like dingos were after him. This makes using things like knives or fire very interesting.)

Now Im all out of can and am going to lie here and fuck around on the internet while he naps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice