What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

At parents suburban home while both parents are out of town
    Lawn: Mowed
    Flowers: Watered
    Cock: Out

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Went to the employment office and got a stack of paperwork to fill out for unemployment benefits and a list of copies and paperwork i need to bring, along with an appointment.
    At 8 am.

• Winner x 1
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I made more phone calls than usual and also got food after work and then groceries! I have Several foods to eat for leftovers

• Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  4. theambernerd

applied to four jobs!!!
    question to ppl who have had/searched for customer service-y jobs: a) is searching a month before i'm available to work like, searching way too soon? and b)how long after apply should follow-up calling happen, and is there a specific type of number i should look for to call so that i'm not being too annoying?

• Winner x 2
  5. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

A month is fine! Most retail places (at least in my area) aren't looking for applicants to follow up, though; they'll call you within a week or two if they want to continue the hiring process.

6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

CHANGED THE MOTHERFUCKING BATTERY IN THE GOTDAMN CAR

FUCK YEAH RUNNING CAR

• Winner x 4
  7. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Faxed my Senators a "hey please don't repeal the ACA" letter.

• Winner x 4
    • Useful x 1
  8. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Washed and hung out laundry! Hurrah!

9. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Did more paperwork. Will head out to print and copy it all tomorrow.

10. Jean

Obtained veggies. Cooked veggies. Chopped strawberries. Put up strawberries. More laundry. Arted.

• Winner x 1
  11. Jean

Every winter I look forward to gardening. Every summer I curse it. It's tedious and hot and I only half know what I'm doing.

So anyway I did a lot of gardening this morning.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i started one of the fan animatics/animations i've been planning for a while yesterday

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Fixed a printer.

• Winner x 2
  14. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

Yesterday: Got up somewhat early in order to drive up to my cousin's local gym to work out together, worked out for an hour, drove back home (in traffic, gah), had lunch, went out with brother to get a haircut before everywhere closed and have dinner, collapsed into bed exhausted (and kind of headachey/nauseous because fsr that much driving seems to throw me out of whack for the whole day).
    Today: Got up early to have breakfast and get dressed/get sunscreened/make rubber band bracelets to wear for Pride, met cousin and her girlfriend downtown, found our way to the parade and watched until we had to rest, parted ways to go get lunch, then headed alone to an online meetup that evening and hung out there for a couple hours before heading home.

I feel accomplished, but also basically dead now. How did I even manage to schedule all that in one weekend without realizing??

• Winner x 3
  15. theambernerd

On a longer amount of time than today: over the last 3 weeks I managed to apply to 17 jobs, 5 of which called back with interest; 1 official interview set up, 2 places that I can call back to set up an interview once I'm actually in town, and one place that said they'll call me back in the next few days if they still have openings. Huzzah!! I might actually Get A Job!

Today I went to the dentist to get a cavity filled (and managed to get it filled without requesting laughing gas! yay my anxiety's gone down!), and mowed the lawn, and started clean-up drawings on one animation :3 the animation isn't fully done but the next part of it is giving me a MAJOR headache

• Winner x 3
  16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

after a week and a half, i replaced the extra soles of my shoes so they're nice and squishy and supportive again. this should help.

• Winner x 3
  17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Survived my appointment, got prescription, scheduled a followup, and got tests done

• Winner x 2
  18. Loq

Car shopping!!! No decision yet, but I think I've found My Baby
    (And also grocery shopping, but that's not special)

• Winner x 1
  19. Loq

CAR: GET
    INDIVIDUAL INSURANCE: GET
    ADULTING: DID!!!!

• Winner x 10
  20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I did general bike maintenance!
    Including:
    • cleaning/ oiling the chain
    • filling bike tires feat. lugging out a 20 lbs air compressor
    • changing the line to the gear shifter
    And also looking like King Kong's slightly more attractive brother as I fought off a swarm of mosquitoes.

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice