What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

I wrote three letters for penpals!

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Made a list of things that need done and things that need bought.

• Like x 1
  3. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I built a temporary air conditioner!

summerfcker9K.jpg

Total cost: about $35, and that's just because Target had suitable fans and I decided to just go ahead and buy one rather than rip the one off from work.

Storage tote + PVC + fan, insulated on the inside with a reflective sun shade thingy that came with my car and that I've never used. Put frozen water bottles inside, close lid, turn on fan, enjoy cold air. \o/

• Winner x 7
  4. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Did dishes, took bins out, folded and stored clothes, did some laundry, built some modular storage, planned renovation stuff.

• Winner x 2
  5. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Got on waitlist for two classes and emailed both professors!

• Winner x 2
  6. Loq

Declogging Round Two

• Winner x 1
  7. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

More packing/purging and got some big ole rubbermaid tubs to stick all my books in.

I have too many books. (I think this every time I pack, and yet that doesn't stop me from acquiring more. Thank goodness for ebooks.)

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  8. chthonicfatigue

Worked on art, stripped some wallpaper, built the rest of the modular storage, transferred a wardrobe's worth of stuff into said storage, cleaned out bedside cabinet which is being disposed of along with wardrobe.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  9. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Called the service line about why my tablet is still in repair. Got the promise that they'll call the repair place again and info that the repair place has been ignoring their inquiries.

• Like x 4
  10. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Paid a thing and bought some groceries

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 1
  11. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Did the same breakfast thing as yesterday since it seemed to work well for energy: bowl of fruit with greek yogurt spooned liberally over the top and sprinkled generously with granola, one egg over easy, one a large glass of milk. Coffee to follow after a couple minutes on the porch where it's sunny to hopefully convince my body it's actually morning.

Listened to a podcast on the porch in which news articles are read slowly in Japanese, then up to a more natural speed. I'm trying to go for at least some daily language exposure just to see what happens. Watched an episode of Silver Spoon afterwards with my coffee for further exposure and because it puts me in a good mindset to get chores done.

Washed two fuzzy blankets that were starting to get a bit stinky. The weather will begin to turn soon, and I want blankets I'm not reluctant to have near my face.

Weeded a couple more square feet of the garden, a task I'd started helping my parents with yesterday. There's still plenty more where that came from, but the dirt-thwacking hand tool I was using seems to have given me a blister. Not very bad or painful, but it's already such a bother to clean dirt off your hands even where the skin is flawless. Got that cleaned, disinfected, and dressed. I won't be able to do more gardening for a few days unless I decide to wear the annoying gloves. Still, I made visible progress.

Oh, and then I washed the egg skillet before going upstairs to voip with my friend and play the sims. I felt super responsible.

Moved my laundry to the dryer and had lunch. It was a microwave egg roll and a glass of milk, but that's still better than I usually do.

It sounds like the dryer is done so I can now go retrieve my stink-free blankets.

• Winner x 6
  12. chthonicfatigue

*takes a deep breath*

Took delivery of new furniture, put new storage solutions in Li's wardrobe, threw out like 16 bits of uniform from a company he doesn't work for anymore, cleaned wardrobe, put everything back, made lunch for my mum and I, threw out a ton more old crap, put cash in safe, booked collections for clothing returns (I'm so glad you can do that online now, telephones are so stressful), cleaned the cat's litter tray, transferred some money to a friend, worked on art.

Basically am dead rn.

• Winner x 3
  13. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Went to the pharmacy. There's a bunch of stuff I need to do here. Ran out of a med this morning and remembered to call that in in advance, so yay. Also need more contact solution and bandaids.

My mom reminded me that my tetanus shot is probably out of date. Even though yesterday's finger wound is very small and minor, it's still technically a break in the skin that was exposed to dirt. So might as well get the booster.

I've filled out the paperwork for the shot, grabbed the contact solution and bandaids, notified the pharmacist that I'll also be picking up a refill, and now I'm just waiting for someone to be free to vaccinate me. Wooo! Healthcare!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  14. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

• Finally looked up the prices and availability of parts to build myself a new, actually functioning computer, and later double-checked with my brother to make sure I understood properly how to choose each one
    • After avoiding the bathroom the resident dead moth had migrated to all day, ended its reign of terror with a gingerly wielded broom and dustpan. Moth corpse did not in fact crumble into a thousand pieces and permanently taint dwelling, for which I am thankful. Their power over me slowly wanes.
    • Sat down with brother to morally support him, ask clueless non-programmer questions, and make dumb sibling jokes while he updated Headcanon Bot's code. Our power over fandom slowly grows.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  15. Irrational Geographic

Irrational Geographic i am merely a vessel through which the posts flow

This is nice and all, but when Headcanon Bot takes over reality as we know it and warps it into its own image, promise me I'll be spared from the worst of it.

• Like x 1
  16. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

We will take it under consideration, but the integrity of Headcanon Bot's vision comes first.

• Winner x 3
  17. Loq

Flu shot: get!
    Schedule fixing: partial get? Talked to the guy I thought was in charge, turns out he is not in charge and I need to talk to a different guy, but at least I have that answer.

• Winner x 4
  18. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Unpacked all my books and movies and organized them and picked up my living room!

• Winner x 2
  19. iff

iff Well-Known Member

made lunch for tomorrow, like a responsible adult with the ability to plan ahead!

• Winner x 2
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

deep-cleaned bathroom

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice