What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Cataloged two shelves of books, did a shitton of laundry, swept, dusted (a little). And yesterday I did dishes! I am doing pretty good at this housekeeping thing recently.

Oh! Today I worked on illustrating my friend's fic, too. And took notes for this Coursera class!

Wow, that's a lot more than I thought I did.

• Winner x 3
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Discovered that the reason my room was so damn cold was that the heat wasn't actually on and we somehow failed to notice. Corrected this.

• Winner x 2
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Filled my pillbox for the days leading up to my flight, and packed my pill bottles. Still have one to get at the pharmacy but it won't be ready until the day before i leave sooo ive done all i can in that respect

• Winner x 3
  4. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Cleaned out the fridge and asked housemate to get a new thing of baking soda to help de-stink it. Swept and mopped the floor, using soapy water instead of warm water with a couple capfuls of hydrogen peroxide and a few drops of essential oils (which meant I had to rinse the floor afterwards and made the whole task way more time-consuming, but also probably got the floor much cleaner than the hydrogen peroxide method would've). Swept the living room. Did the dishes. Made a soup, even if it did turn out as a Dry Soup.

(The instructions said "dump packet into boiling water, turn to a low simmer for two hours, soup will thicken as it cooks" and I interpreted this to mean it didn't need much attention during those two hours so once I was done the dishes, I set a timer and went to go sit tf down because my back hurt from being on my feet most of the day. I ended up with...basically the ingredients to a split-pea soup? But with no broth. It was tasty but a bit baffling, and might've benefited from adding some stock once I discovered that the liquid had all vanished during the cooking process. I'm considering tossing some of the leftovers into an omelette or heating them up with some onion and scrambled eggs for breakfast tomorrow.)

• Winner x 3
  5. LadyNighteyes

MAYBE FINALLY FINISHED THE FIRST DRAFT OF THIS DAMN FIC I'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR SIX MONTHS.

Now time to go reread Dracula as a belated Halloween thing to get my brain out of the knot it's in.

• Winner x 7
  6. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Got hair cut!! and groceries!!

• Winner x 4
  7. Everett

Mailed insurance form to hopefully get reimbursed for about $380 worth of prescriptions, put together most of the recycling that has to go out tomorrow night, and packed more things in my suitcase

• Winner x 3
  8. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Walked the dog and did a load of dishes and a load of clothes

• Winner x 4
  9. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

This was actually yesterday, but I cleaned off a good chunk of my bed and washed some of the bedding! I plan to continue this today. c:

• Winner x 3
  10. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Update on this: Got one (1) comforter and two (2) smaller and lighter blankets in the wash right now! :D

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

That reminds me, I need to wash my blankets and stuff.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

delivered a birthday present to the post office

• Winner x 1
  13. LadyNighteyes

Hiked out to the far-away grocery store to buy tea and discount Halloween candy.

• Winner x 4
  14. Everett

Recycling and garbage done, need to wash dishes then finish packing etc tomorrow

• Winner x 1
  15. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

One surface almost clear! Phew. It was a slog. (Please imagine if you will all the surfaces behind the camera just piled up with bin bags.)

IMG_1136.JPG
    rip coriander

Also vacuumed the bedroom, stripped the bed, washed the duvet cover, took bins down multiple times, aired the house.

• Winner x 5
  16. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Got four pages of double-spaced handwritten nano novel done! And got scrivener working again, so I can keep track of my notes!

• Winner x 5
  17. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Did a bit of cleaning of my room. Took out some garbage and recycling. Rather a lot, actually.

Checked the worrying fan noise the computer was making. Turns out it's the fan at the top of the chassis. May just need to be dusted more thoroughly, but if it fails it's likely not a disaster and should be pretty easy to replace.

Got my humidifier back in working order. The other day I disinfected the tank and reservoir. Today I had to descale the heating element because it was like unto a rock. It's now free of mold, legionella probably if it even had any in the first place (my near total ignorance and resulting worries wrt Legionnaire's were useful to compel me to be thorough about cleaning), and the worst of the mineral deposits.

For my next trick I want to get my air filter all fixed up. What it really needs is a new filter thingy. My mom said I ought to give the model information to my dad so he can order it. Did that. Meanwhile I can prolong the life of this one by vacuuming it, which I also did. So my air filter continues to operate well enough for the time being, and I've done everything I need to for its future operation.

I have such air quality.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  18. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Actually went to work despite only 3 hours of sleep

Also yesterday I forced myself to go out to an event id been looking forward to despite executive function wanting to give up, and I had a great time!

• Winner x 3
  19. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

ordered two shelves to deal with my storage problems.

will now proceed to prepare dishwashing, and then clear all the junk off my floor.

• Winner x 3
  20. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Updoot from yesterday: Dishes washed, junk cleared off floor.
    (my tablet pen is still missing though)

Productive things today:
    Called job place to confirm interview
    Bought groceries, mainly low-spoons food (I still have high-spoon ingredients)
    Called uncle to wish him a happy bday, and talk to him about recurring computer stability problems.

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice