What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Called 401k place to stop giving them money for a while since it's gonna be tight for me anyways.
    God bless calls where I can easily do my thing without talking to a real person, so much less anxiety that way >w<

• Winner x 1
  2. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I washed my bedding and my comfortable lounging pants. I will be so cozy and clean.

I got about 2 1/2 hours on the treadmill. I did maybe 45 min of fast walking to music at first. Then I was wondering whether I’d be able to play a mobile combat game on the treadmill if the walking speed was leisurely. Turns out I totally can, and it’s immersive enough that I mostly forget I’m even walking. It was great, I didn’t have to fight my focus issues to get the type of exercise I was hoping for.

I feel really good, both mentally and physically.

• Winner x 1
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I tried on costs at two major suppliers to evaluate the fit of various sizes, so as to be better able to search online for coats.

(unproductive part: fell more in love with 260 dollar coat)

• Winner x 3
  4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Bought tea and did laundry, including washing my bathroom rug.

• Winner x 3
  5. chainsawunicorn

chainsawunicorn 100% Butt

I cross stitched some more tea towels as christmas presents for relatives I don't know. (mom "suggested" i do it as a way to keep occupied while the new meds evened out my dumb brain chemistry)

I also remembered to renew my library books! Go me!

• Winner x 4
  6. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Oh man, I have ALWAYS sucked at this. Congrats on getting it done!!

As for myself, I started a load of dishes today!

• Winner x 2
  7. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Got myself showered, dressed, and out the door for a walk before it got dark enough that brainweasels could talk me out of going out of the house! (This is especially good for me because I, uh, hadn't actually gone on a walk outside at all this month.)

• Winner x 3
  8. LadyNighteyes

Made another edit pass through my almost-done fic. Ending's super-rushed, but I already spent multiple days angsting over that and I'd like to get the fic posted before Oathbringer devours my soul on Tuesday, so SCREW IT.

• Winner x 4
  9. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

actually yesterday:
    -shelves arrived
    -assembled shelves and moved assorted bullshit onto them (buying two turned out to be a very much correct decision, they're packed) (i have so much more free space now omg??) (and they look super cute)
    -cleaned kitchen, located and removed fourth moth nest, put away dishes, washed mountain of new ones (not many, but spacey stuff that doesn't tetris well), threw out trash
    -cleaned bathroom
    -cleaned hallway
    -cleaned living/bedroom (#one room apartment), changed sheets, moved old sheets to clothing hamper
    -showered
    -bought ingredients for muffins

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  10. LadyNighteyes

Posted the damn fic and made arrangements to get to the store on Tuesday so I can get a copy of Oathbringer for aforementioned soul-eating.

• Winner x 3
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

!!!

• Like x 1
  12. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Went to appointment to get car tires switched over, then brought some boxes to a friend of a friend who is moving.

• Like x 2
  13. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Signed up for adult driving classes, now i just need to request the time off...

• Winner x 3
  14. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

The power of sticky back plastic

Before!
    IMG_1147.JPG

After!
    IMG_1151.JPG
    (Lighting change because it got dark before I finished)

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  15. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Technically yesterday at this point, but: called the disability center that's supposed to help autistic people, and got the process of trying to get a support worker started. Hopefully, I'll hear back Monday or Tuesday and everything'll go fine and I'll get someone to help me sort shit out and figure out How To Thing.

Also, much knitting afterwards while I tried to reduce my anxiety from Oh God Important Phone Call.

• Winner x 3
  16. Irrational Geographic

Irrational Geographic i am merely a vessel through which the posts flow

Arrived on campus knowing I had a paper to write due by midnight. Okay, so 3-5 pages? Not a big deal. Then I saw the paper was the only draft of the actual course final. I was expected to write around 13 pages.

I was terrified.

But I did it!

I wrote 15 pages.

• Winner x 14
  17. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Bought myself a print yesterday using the credit card, paid that off today

Also reset my dang bank web password because i had to go to the physical bank to pay that (having login problems, or i wouldve paid off the print yesterday)

Edit: also sent the government an email asking to change my funding for surgery, yay

• Winner x 3
  18. theambernerd

I did a sketch and communicated more clearly with director for animation project, and I actually got up and got my stuff together on time to meet with my psychiatrist today

• Winner x 4
  19. theambernerd

Update: so my therapist office takes everyone's vitals when they come in and apprently today I did all that with a mild fever. Productivity! :confutoot:

• Winner x 3
  20. LadyNighteyes

Got my sibling new bedsheets, myself a bread knife and a non-broken wireless mouse, and Wordperfect installed on my boss's laptop, took a book of mine back from my parents' house, and returned some tupperware and such we'd taken Thanksgiving leftovers home in.

• Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice