What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

I cleaned the whole house today. Did dishes. Did laundry. Put away those too and took care of trash.

I even made my bed and took a shower.

I feel like a superhero.

• Winner x 6
  2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Got myself to disability center and did the intake interview and explained that while I have documentation of being autistic that's more extensive than "this one letter written by a psychologist who was seeing me for a diagnosis of something else and who is also so old the interviewer was surprised he's not retired", it's all in a box in a basement that's literally on the other side of the country and the soonest I'm likely to be able to go get it is sometime next year. Successfully got forms filled out, though, and got advised that I should probably go start an application with the other (more general) disability center because they'll be focused on stuff like "do you qualify for disability payments" and "do you need help finding a job" and will process that application faster.

(The interviewer also seemed Concerned that I might be in a dubious living situation, which I kinda can't blame her for, because I'd consider my living situation to be sketch if someone else described it to me! She did emphasize that they offer a lot of options, and that some of those options include helping me find new housing if that's something I want, but she did it in a way where it came across as 'this is just me making sure that you're aware of everything we offer, I am not judging'.)

I also got some of my medications refilled, did 90% of the dishes in the sink, and made myself A Food of hardboiled eggs and jam toast after I realized I hadn't had a whole lot else to eat today.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  3. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Painted three walls :D

I love the colours I chose :D

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Fixed a corrupted Windows Update file on my work laptop.

• Winner x 5
  5. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Not today, but yesterday I managed to work on art for an hour when I thought I'd fail to do it again!

• Winner x 6
  6. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

• Sorted out some presents
    • Did some dishes
    • Did the vacuuming
    • Made myself soft boiled eggs with crispy bacon for dipping
    • Trimmed plants
    • Threw out old plastic containers
    • Washed up old jars of sugar and flour
    • Aired bed linen and refreshed it with linen spray

• Winner x 4
  7. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Took out my small amount of garbage

Called in a prescription refill before Friday so the doctor will have enough time to renew it before it runs out on Tuesday (usually i forget and call like after the doctor has gone home on friday and need it monday night or something)

Hand washed a couple things in my laundry

• Winner x 4
  8. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

I've set myself the goal of producing at least one suitable-for-framing photograph daily (if practicable) for a year and post them on Tumblr. Potentially 365 individual picture taking outings in and around my small town. As of today, I've now done one week's worth. Why I started this at the beginning of frozen-fingers-everything-is-brown season, I don't know. So far, it's been intense and serendipitous. That may prove my undoing. I may crash and burn. :) We'll see.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
  9. chthonicfatigue

• Made the bed
    • Soaked resin-coated bedsheet in stain remover, washed, dried
    • Vacuumed
    • Got grocery delivery
    • Wrapped many presents
    • Made, wrote and mailed cards
    • Mopped shower room floor
    • Tidied living room
    • Threw out old leaky hot water bottles

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  10. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

...you have piqued my curiosity.

• Agree x 1
  11. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

3 sinks full of dishes
    3 bags full of groceries
    actual food

washed my binder, but haven't fixed the ripped seam yet.

• Winner x 3
  12. chthonicfatigue

Sadly, no interesting mishaps with craft resin, although don't rule that out in the future. Unsealed wooden bed slats are the culprit this time around.

• Witnessed x 1
  13. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

My disgusting apartment is clean for the first time in more than a year. To give you an idea of how bad it was, here's my laundry room, which was only slightly worse than the rest of my apartment.
    IMG_6537.JPG IMG_6538.JPG

• Winner x 8
  14. LadyNighteyes

Not actually productive-productive, but sure made me feel like I Did A Thing: fanficced a writing-prompt-s prompt.

• Winner x 4
  15. theambernerd

Applied to a job last night and followed up with a company that previously showed interest in me this morning!

• Winner x 4
  16. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

Actually managed to write a bit of explanation of (someone else's) code I was debugging - just before being logged out of the corp net cause all contractors were summarily dismissed. At least the perm employees will have a clue as to what the deranged engineer thought he was doing (which was not what he was doing, sos they is gonna have to write LOTS of new code).

• Witnessed x 4
  17. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Sorry to hear about the contract, and the bad code! Bless you for documenting as best you could. I’m sure whoever has to look at it will spare a grateful thought in between all the creative cursing.

• Agree x 3
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Got the car packed and ready to depart on time!

• Winner x 7
  19. LadyNighteyes

Went to work, called the computer warranty office about getting my laptop repaired, rescued some files off it, paid the gas bill, badgered my sibling into writing their half-the-rent check, made dinner with sibling assistance. Am planning to flop on my bed for the foreseeable future.

• Winner x 2
  20. theambernerd

I sent an email I'd been avoiding for a few days and went to the pharmacy to pick up my meds. think that might be all today can manage

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice