What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I like this thread. This is a good thread. Looking back over my day is helpful for all sorts of reasons.
    Today I got up, brushed my hair, got dressed and left the house with minimal procrastination to walk for 45 minutes to an appointment at 9:00AM. I got accosted by cats when I walked across the street from my house, and spent ten very productive minutes being fawned over by them until they got bored. Even with the delay I still managed to get there ten minutes early, shaken up by there being a lot of people around but okay. I was in the appointment for about 35 minutes, most of this time spent wondering why I couldn't just provide the information via email since I didn't need to bring any documentation or sign anything. Then I walked home, which took a little longer. It was about 10:00 when I got back, I think! I get jitters when I'm out of the house on my own for ten minutes, so two hours was a pretty big achievement for me.
    From there I started the process of tidying things for the later cleanup, making sure the washing up was stacked correctly and most of the mess was off the floor. I spent a few hours moving things from one pile to another until I reached my standard of Clean. Then I wrote a small fanfic, replied to some people on tumblr, and doodled for a while before settling down for serious draw time. Eventually I actually did the washing up, and then a depressive slump hit and I flopped on the couch until mum bought dinner home and we chatted for a bit. After that I realized I hadn't really cleaned very much at all, and set about rectifying that. I cleared two tables, wiped down and then polished them, swept the living room floor and got rid of all the collected debris of the day. I emptied the bathroom bin and the cat's litter box, making sure everything was at least double bagged and then put inside a rubbish bag to go downstairs in the morning because going downstairs was Not An Option for me by this point. Cleared off the bathroom sink, wiped down the draining board, bundled up most of the loose bits of laundry from around the house.
    Now I think I'll try and draw for a little bit longer, and then hopefully get some decent sleep :D

• Like x 1
  2. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

Well, between laying in bed all day I did go over to my grandma's and changed her urostomy bag, I had a shower, got dressed, ate, hung a few clothes in the closet, and made sugar water for my bees.
    It's been REALLY hard the last few days, but I'm getting a bit done.

• Like x 1
  3. cantankerousAquarius

cantankerousAquarius Acrasial Macrology

I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes!

4. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I went to therapy.

• Like x 3
  5. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Office move partially done. I'm now typing this on the normal laptop, but it's on the adjustable desk, which is now a standing desk in the basement. Moving it down was hard. Tomorrow I will be setting up more computers and things, and speakers, and things like that, I guess. And being in lots of pain. Although nowadays I mostly get sore the day after the day after I do a thing.

6. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Yeah, next day is always "Gods, why was I dumb enough to do that?" and hobbling around. Old People Problems, seebs. (I think we're the same age, 42?)

7. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

I filled out a job application. It might not matter though because what are cover letters and what is writing and what is motivation. I do not comprehend these things.

edit: submitted the application! wish me luck people!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    • Like x 3
  8. albedo

albedo metasperg

Cleaned the living room and kitchen, mailed off taxes, washed five loads of dishes until the sink was empty, made bread and helped with other cooking, took out the trash, watered and cared for houseplants, and washed and folded a load of laundry. I feel productive and also sore. And also wish that I could do chores a little at a time instead of all in one ridiculous go because company's coming. :P

9. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

I filed my taxes! :D

• Like x 1
  10. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Oh shit I need to do that. I did do laundry, though.

11. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

I did something I've been trying to do since 2008! When my mom died, she left all the cards and letters my brother and had I ever sent her, all mixed together and mixed in with other things. Every time I so much as looked at that box, I was seized by mighty feelings of Can't. I have now successfully pulled out all my brother's stuff, arranged it chronologically and tied the packet with twine. It spans from 1970 to my mother's death--almost 40 years. I'm not sure how he'll react when I tell him about it, but I didn't want to mention it at all until I was actually prepared to turn it all over to him.

Now to arrange mine chronologically and prepare for a walk down memory lane. Mine go back to 1973.

• Like x 2
  12. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

I made (almost) all of the phone calls, did pet sitting job, and bought food.

• Like x 1
  13. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

Made an appointment for routine blood testing, woot

14. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Actually called doctor about my knee pain (long story), called in for a refill on one of Jesse's meds, did some of my dayjob work that's been pending far too long, and I'm thinking I'm gonna make some significant desk-cleaning progress. Or possibly make some cat-stairs.

15. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

OKAY it's barely 10am and I already hung a load of laundry up to dry, changed the cat litter and now I think I'll 1. call my grandma 2. take a shower 3. sit down and make a commission, since I did zero art throughout this week.

16. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

I posted part 4 of my story. Okay, it's just a preliminary of the beginning of part 4, but considering how many months I been putzing around with even starting it, I feel good that I forced myself to actually do something with it

17. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

No art yet but I did make a new recipe for homemade exfoliating scrub! :D

HINT TO U ALL: the basic recipe is rock salt + an essential oil of your choice (I used almond oil), mixed p much half and half

But I added brown sugar and raspberry tea and some perfume (I regret the perfume, to be honest, because it didn't harmonize very well with the scent of the almond oil, but I'll try to fix it later)

• Like x 1
  18. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

i got my bike out of storage, topped up the air in the tires, and rode to work and back to time myself to make sure i could still do it

19. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Today was my every-other-week Do Stuff day. I woke up before noon, took a shower, made progress in therapy, and did a bit of shopping. It's not much but its more than I do on an average day.

• Like x 1
  20. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

I successfully resisted the urge to throw my computer at the I.T. tech that couldn't figure out how to plug in an SSD drive in place of the ancient, slow, piece of crap that uses up 100% of I/O for five to ten minutes after each project settings change or build.
    And I fixed a module that has been bugging us for weeks, but that was easier.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice