What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

was pretty productive at work today--I spent most of the time on compiling data into spreadsheets and managed to complete that within the day, finished sorting the big pile of filing on the side, and managed to successfully answer a phone call and actually translate what the person was saying down into a simple message to pass on! (phone calls are so [internally screaming] so I'm pretty happy with that last one...)

• Winner x 4
  2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I got! A flat! :D gonna be sharing with two girls, one of whom is also queer, in the area of Manchester I wanted!!! aaaa i am so happy.

Also I went to the dentist and only had one cavity! and it's extra decay under a filling that chipped/lifted so its not something new that's really my fault so that's.. probably the first time i can remember that I haven't had new cavities when going into the dentist in summer (for some reason I never have new cavities in the winter appointments- i blame the once yearly x-rays)

also going shopping with mom today for clothes for my new job :3

• Winner x 8
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Visited job centre and the nice lady is helping me find volunteer work, paid council tax, went shopping.

• Winner x 4
  4. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Got my referral paperwork for therapy filled out and the clinic should fax it out! And got a new prescription for my adhd meds. And got supplies so that I can replace the sequins on my winter quilt with beads. Also a screen protector for my new phone.

• Winner x 4
  5. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Did paperwork! Cleaned out the car, altho a lot of it was just moved to my parents' van because it's not garbage.

• Winner x 2
  6. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Put in my passport application, got a new phone, went to Target, made some phone calls, and did and put away laundry.

• Winner x 7
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Finished all of my assignments for my teaching course.

• Winner x 5
  8. Misty Pond

I cleaned away some of the cobwebs in the corners of my room!

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. theambernerd

Contacted everyone who needs to know about my moving to england situation =3=; this process is seriously way too much effort oh my god

• Witnessed x 5
  10. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

reclaimed half the sink and half the kitchen table, washed some dishes by hand and loaded the dishwasher and ate fresh pineapple.

and most importantly: i made myself stop doing things. c: i'm Sick/Wobbly but not as bad as i would be if I didn't stop.

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  11. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Defeated laundry

• Winner x 5
  12. turtleDove

Successfully completed the psychologist appointment.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  13. Misty Pond

I made myself eat despite the debilitating period keeping me down, and wrote 2k+ of fic after a long while spent not actually writing anything!

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Winner x 7
  14. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

Discovered the vacuum wasn't working right. So I found my dad's drill and proceeded to spend the next 15 min taking it apart to unclog it. Turns out it was a waded up receipt that was causing a clog in the hose.

• Winner x 5
  15. theambernerd

I submitted my visa application and paid for it and paid for the rest of the things i needed to pay for and made my future roomies feel more comfy with my situation waiting for my visa and i paid my dad back for the thing he bought for me and i have all my documents assembled and ready to get printed tomorrow but i have plenty of time now cause i can't sent out the documents and stuff until I'm done with my appointment which is thursday so. long story short a ton of things have fallen into place and i am feeling much more secure.

• Winner x 6
  16. turtleDove

I got my eyes checked! They're healthy, and I did the glaucoma test, and the doctor said that it looks like my prescription has actually decreased slightly from what my current lenses are. Which is weird, but I'll take it. I'm gonna look at frames on Zenni Optical now.

• Winner x 4
  17. turtleDove

Further productivity: I have hauled my summer wardrobe out of the side-drawers of my bureau it was shoved into, and moved my winter wardrobe into those drawers. And I'm getting clean laundry put away. So now I have more pants, and actually...nice summer-weight pants, at that.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  18. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Took the dog to the vet, got my oil changed, talked to the bank, opened a new bank account, went grocery shopping, made a hair appointment, gave my sister some papers, and did the paperwork for a new doctor's office.

• Winner x 5
  19. theambernerd

cleaned up a bunch of small things around the living room that I'd left sitting out and finally, finally finished the cleanup animation for a piece. Hoping to finish the rest today since 90% of the coloring is done already and it doesn't need backgrounds =w= just letting my cintiq charge for a bit.

• Winner x 4
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Picking colour schemes for my Etsy shop's new labels, and chose a background texture which works with all of them! I'm going with different colour schemes for each line instead of each product, which I was doing before but I've been told looks tacky and is also a lot of extra work. Struggling with fonts, all the ones I found on Aesthetic(TM) blogs which look like what I want are not available for commercial use, which is frustrating. But I'll get there!

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice