What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Dishes, laundry dried and put away, stored stuff, vacuuming, took bins out, made lunch, took in grocery delivery, dragged glass bottles to door for recycling, transferred 100 or so books to mum's e-reader, researched a thing for my dad, cleaned the cat's litter box. Feeling fully justified in irishing up this coffee rn.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Bought a new laptop (have to go to the atm to pay my mom back for half of it tho)

My parents came over and washed all my dishes so now i need to put most of them into storage to avoid dishpocalypse

I emailed a person to let them know i couldnt do a thing, instead of just continuing to not do the thing and hope they didnt ask me about it

Earlier this week i got my project written a week early, altho i do have to do the final finishing on it by the end of the long weekend

• Winner x 6
  3. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

period's finally over so I showered all the grossness away, and then trimmed down all four sets of nails, and then made my bed! take that, depression

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    • Winner x 7
  4. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Washed my hair, did skincare, went to an eye appointment, vacuumed my carpets, put clean sheets on the bed, cleaned out the sink, loaded the dishwasher, took out two loads of trash, put away two loads of laundry and have another two going.

• Winner x 6
  5. shmeed

shmeed plant me

i put on a pair of gloves and started cleaning up the congealing mass of weeks-old garbage that the fucking freshmen piled outside of the dumpster when it was too full to take any more, that the sanitation workers didnt bother to touch, that my landlords apparently arent bothering with
    went at it for about 15 minutes and got most of it taken care of

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I need a Winner+Witnessed button. Wintnessed.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
  7. Everett

Paid my mom back for my half of the laptop cost, prepared questions for a medical thing scheduled for a couple daya from now

Edit: and finished and sent in my project

• Winner x 4
  8. LadyNighteyes

Emailed my landlord who called a plumber who fixed the leaky gasket in my bathroom.

• Winner x 3
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Plumber came to my place too! Turns out my dryer wasn't working because there was a blocked drain outside, hopefully it's fixed now. Also mopped my kitchen floor and worked on a Homestuck-themed Breath fragrance blend!

• Winner x 2
  10. Everett

Booked my surgery date and took good notes during the phone call so i will actually remember what we discussed

Made rice (i havent cooked in what has probably been weeks)

Downloaded my insulin pump data to send to the diabetes clinic which i didnt do last time, also emailed right away to let them know i'd done it. Also let them know i want to discuss a few things relating to surgery

Phoned in a prescription renewal a couple days ago, checked that it had gone thru yesterday, which idk if it had then but theyll have it when i need it so i'll call it a win

Edit: and a laundry!

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Winner x 4
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Met with my advisor and found out my ideas for what to put in my dissertation are not terrible after all

Like. When all of this is done, I may actually have a phd

• Winner x 11
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Started on the exercises the doc gave me to fix my pelvic tilt, which has been giving me massive backaches recently. Not very good at them yet but I'll get there.

• Winner x 5
  13. Everett

I made the bed while doing laundry, and made a to do list at work to help keep on track.

Also got a letter from the surgeon's office to give to work to officially say i'm getting surgery, altho i wont know until monday if work needs more info

Am going to get dice for D&D tonight so i dont have to keep borrowing from the hosts' stash

Edit: and last night i got in under the wire to get that prescription. Irony of almost forgetting to pick up your adhd meds is only funny if you dont entirely forget them

Edit edit, gah: picked up vitamin C and started taking it on surgeons instructions

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    • Winner x 4
  14. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

#witnessed
    #relatable
    #it me

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Dropped off my prescription for my adhd meds so that I can get them refilled (with pick-up for tomorrow, because I'm not running super low yet, just - low enough that my reminder app booped at me about it), and arranged a refill of my allergy meds with pick-up for the same time (because reminder app has been booping at me for the past few days about that one).

While I was at the pharmacy, I also picked up a tube of 1% hydrocortisone to replace the nearly-empty tube I've been using, so that I don't itch my face to pieces before I get around to finally calling the allergist. And also a thing of Flonase, so that I don't sneeze as much.

• Winner x 5
  16. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I finally sent out the invitations to my housewarming today! (it's in two weeks...)

Also, some people have already responded positively, which makes me very happy :D

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  17. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

move the laundry from The Chair into the washing machine, realized i had grossly underestimated how much laundry fits on the chair. There'll be more washing tomorrow.

• Winner x 6
  18. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

second laundry also done. To do for the weekend: third load (whites), and vaccuuming.

• Winner x 5
  19. latitans

latitans zounds, scoob

walked to the store and bought some of the weird stuff that we don't have in our apartment for some reason, despite having lived here for over two years, including:

tape
    rubber bands
    paper clips
    a pitcher
    medium-sized tupperware
    scissors that aren't embroidery scissors

next step is throw out all the random shit that we do have in this apartment for no reason, including a messy stack of expired transit cards from a variety of cities that is taking up a good third of one of my desk shelves

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  20. LadyNighteyes

Buying things the apartment doesn't have for some reason high-five, because I finally bought curtains for mine!

• Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice