What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Did dishes, sorted out home insurance, phoned broadband provider to cancel for breaking contract via price increase, sorted out new broadband connection.

• Winner x 3
  2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Got my meds refilled, got more toothpaste and a store reward card (because I might as well), and cleaned the fridge. Also removed what felt like a metric ton of expired stuff from the fridge in the process.

Also, I discovered a deep loathing for whoever designs fridge shelves because it is flat-out impossible to completely clean them; there's some parts that are just not user-accessible, but which are open enough to allow liquids and small fragments of crap in.

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 2
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Could you flush out the part with hot water?

Speaking of, that's what I'm doing to all corners of my kitchen after finding maggot infestation. Overcame panic attack about them on my own!

• Informative x 1
  4. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

I skipped last week's shower but remembered to do that today

• Winner x 4
  5. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

I took a shower today. Happened to be before hubby got up but I'm over doing extreme measures to stay out of his way. Then I let him (requested) drag me to his job-site. (He was troubleshooting the guest wi-fi at a touristy spot... the only thing about that that wasn't a lie was that I could wander around the property on a weekday morning with a SLR around my neck without getting harassed.)

He thanked me for making coffee. I got confused because I was making coffee for myself and standard procedure is that when I want weekday morning coffee, his mug gets filled.

6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

The end result of previous productivity: I got my passport in the mail, so I'm all prepared to travel places besides US/Canada/Mexico.

• Winner x 6
  7. inchwyrm

inchwyrm I wear the cheese

I went to the gym for the first time ever today! And when I got back I tidied the kitchen and made tea and also did a bunch of things on my to-do list which included a thing that involved a phone call that I usually wouldn't have energy for?? The gym did good things for my brain, apparently???

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
  8. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Finished the stuff required for switching to my new insulin pump and CGM, and went to training today and am now on the new system :0

• Winner x 3
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I accidentally picked up 3x as many prescriptions as I was planning on. I guess it's good, got it done, no need to run out the pharmacy on Friday night now, but it's also a bit annoying because I wasn't planning on bringing home a temperature-sensitive medication today. Luckily I left my cooler with two icepacks in the lab, so I'm okay to transport it home. Inadvertent good planning because I was like "fuck carrying that thing home today" for all of last week.

• Like x 1
  10. chthonicfatigue

Washed Li's trainers after he tipped food waste residue all over himself; cleaned outside of shower enclosure; scrubbed, rinsed and vacuumed water residue inside shower (we have a special window vac with a squeegee blade for this purpose); vacuumed carpets; sprayed and cleaned kitchen floor; took out bins, re-lined and gave them a spray with antibacterial cleanser; cleaned coffee machine; did a sinkful of dishes; cleared up food waste; enzyme treatment on kitchen sink; scrubbed toilet bowl.

• Winner x 6
  11. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Located the manual for my sewing machine and procured machine oil. Figured out the spool cap is missing and I need to procure a replacement.

Manually operating the wheel and the pedal work, but once I fasten them to each other the motion stops dead in its tracks.

• Winner x 5
  12. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I cleaned my room! There's still a weird smell in the bathroom, and I have no idea where it comes from or how to get rid of it, but it's finally actually usable as a studio apartment. (Mostly. There's no enclosure for the shower)

• Winner x 5
  13. chthonicfatigue

Set up router and WiFi networks: Aranea and Arachne.

• Winner x 5
  14. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I removed all the dust filters from my computer and cleaned them, then dusted out the inside of the computer as well!

• Winner x 6
  15. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Made appointment for my car maintenance, did the return parcel of my old router and gave it over to the post office.

• Winner x 5
  16. chthonicfatigue

General kitchen chores, and disassembled the coffee machine to scrub inside the nozzle cause dang that thing was grotty

• Winner x 3
  17. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

body: showered
    nails: trimmed
    bed: made

I am now clean

• Winner x 5
  18. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Ran the dishwasher, started laundry, organized a clean-up project at my mother's house, and contacted a charity about clothing and furniture donations.

• Winner x 6
  19. chthonicfatigue

Did laundry, took parcels to post, went fridge shopping and bought a car. (We legitimately have no clue how that happened, but it did.)

• Winner x 5
  20. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Updated the Corsican translation of Mastodon, and officially now have better coverage than the French one, which is pretty cool given that I'm basically doing the thing alone.

• Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice