What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Not today but yesterday I wrote my assignment for the week while sitting in my car on a break at work

• Winner x 6
  2. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I made food! Namely, enough slow-cooker pulled pork for about a week's worth of wraps etc. I also (though that was a while back) set up my student ID card's payment abilities, so I can finally use the cafeteria (probably gonna be like 2-3 times a week) without it being kind of a pain in the ass.
    Also took a bunch of online coding courses, both to learn new stuff and get into a studying mindset since I'm starting classes next week.

• Winner x 7
  3. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Got a job! Okay it's only for one week and lugging around shoes to for season change, but is job!

Also found a good döner joint. I am in literal heaven right now, I haven't had a good döner in over 10 years.

• Winner x 8
  4. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

changed the soil in my snails' tank, got some necessities while I was out and about to buy the coconut soil

• Winner x 6
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Sorted and took out recycling, folded and put away multiple loads of laundry and am washing another.

• Winner x 5
  6. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Took a shower, as long as I was up also got an apple to eat in addition to my water-coffee-sugar diet lately. real food snack!

• Winner x 5
  7. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Did dishes, disposed of three Rubbermaid underbed boxes I have no further use for, made a lamb and vegetable bake, fixed the troublesome slats on the bed, and shredded some old papers.

• Winner x 5
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I did LAUNDRY and washed the HAND WASH JUNK BY HAND

• Winner x 9
  9. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

i got rid of leftovers from work lunches before they got moldy!! this is an accomplishment, trust me >.<

• Winner x 9
  10. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Survived first day at work/first/only graveyard shift.
    I only ever want to work graveyard shift ever again.

• Winner x 7
  11. TheOwlet

Set up like 75% of the new phone (till gotta transfer a lot of music....), ordered downsized sim card because the old one won't fit, put duolingo on the phone and started french.

• Winner x 5
  12. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Updated voicemail on my personal and work phones, ordered shirts for wedding (hopefully at least one of them will fit this time)

• Winner x 5
  13. Everett

doctor appointment to chexk on prescription refills, washed like 3 dishes, put a load of laundry in on timer before i went to work, got cash out so i can go to the barber tomorrow

Edit: and paid my mom back for a thing

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    • Winner x 4
  14. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Tub cleaned the washing machine, cleared out and rearranged stuff stored in spare room, went and got a haircut.

• Winner x 3
  15. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

• Made apple pudding
    • Watercolor
    • DMV stuff for my friend
    • Picked up farm to table share
    • Made pesto
    • Put up raspberries
    • Took out compost
    • Laundry
    • Next: dishes!

• Winner x 7
  16. Everett

Got a haircut!
    Went to appointment!
    Put future appointments and check-ins in my phone calendar!
    Washed my hair!
    Tried on shirts I ordered to see if they fit/go with any of my ties (they do)!
    Got my work done on tuesday even tho i had to stay 900 years late to do it
    Edit: forgot to say i changed my pillowcase and put away my laundry (and folded most of it)

• Winner x 7
  17. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I washed my stinky bedding finally!! Feels good to be all wrapped up in nice-smelling blankets again. B)

• Winner x 8
  18. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Got all the hexapuffs redone! (Although now that I'm reading the pattern to start more, I'm gonna have to redo the bind-off to make it look right. But some of them need more stuffing anyways.)

Also made it to the fitness class I signed up for, and got through the whole thing, and it didn't feel that hard at any point? Asides from one bit where I had to do leg stretches, and one of my legs started cramping after a bit. But I didn't feel like I was pushing too hard and nothing hurt immediately after I got done. And everyone was really encouraging - the instructor even said that I was doing super great, considering I joined two weeks into the course.

• Winner x 6
  19. TheOwlet

took out the trash, vaccumed the apartment, then had to reschedule the laundry to monday because CRAMPS

• Winner x 5
  20. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Made my birthday cake which is currently chilling in the fridge, and cleaned up after all that mess.
    Still to do:
    • Clean toilet
    • Have lunch
    • Declutter living room
    There was a whole lot more on that list, but I don't have the time to do the deep clean I really wanted to do. Oh well.

• Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice