What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

took out trash, did laundry, put new soil in for the snails

• Winner x 6
  2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Cut up, bagged, and took out 4 bags of cardboard (and 2 of those bags also had other trash in them too, one of which I'm pretty sure had cat poop in it). Watched John Wick. Worked on knitting myself socks. Did language practice with Duolingo. Checked my email to see if TranscribeMe has activated my account yet (they have).

• Winner x 4
  3. TheOwlet

dentist appointment made, groceries got, car kitty littered (moisture got caught in the foot mats so kitty litter to catch the moisture and remove it)

• Winner x 4
  4. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

makin baked potates

• Winner x 4
  5. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

felt Hell Brain try to start up. so. Shuffled some things around and found my makeup bag, did my eyebrows, gathered all my trash up, cleaned the kitty litter box. took out the recycling and the trash from my room and cleared some things off my floor. nothing's Done-Done but i already feel a lot better. c: worth it.

• Winner x 6
  6. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Got haircut~

• Winner x 3
  7. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Got dog's rabies vaccine updated, did laundry

• Winner x 4
  8. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Made the office look something that can vaguely pass for presentable.

• Winner x 4
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Went to dentist, picked up antibiotics for the gum infection they found, paid customs fee (grumble) and picked up Sockdreams parcel, went to gym for first time after Xmas break.

• Winner x 2
  10. turtleDove

Got four jobs done on TranscribeMe. And then stopped myself from trying to do more, because my brain is tired and trying to make myself keep going despite tired-brain is not gonna result in good work.

• Winner x 4
  11. Everett

Took out the garbage

• Winner x 1
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Disinfected pillows, duvet, and mattress because they stank of sickroom.

• Winner x 1
  13. Everett

Laundry the other day

14. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I want to brag a little, because i'm fucking proud of what i got done today.

I DM a dnd party every other tuesday night. Alternate tuesday's are the bf's turn to dm, and he does a chill puzzle dungeon that's a nice change from my mile a minute modern fantasy murder mysteries. last week my campaign finished up an arc with a huge, hour and a half long boss battle that nearly killed two of them. I hadn't even started planning the next campaign yet. Had no idea where I wanted to go with it or what I wanted them to explore in this modern fantasy world.

Then at noon I got a text that the bf woke up with a migraine and won't be able to dm tonight. He's okay, but not really able to concentrate well enough to keep us on track in the puzzle dungeon. So I sit down with my notebook, zero ideas, and not a ton of motivation, with six hours to come up with the overarching plot of an entire campaign.

Two hours later I have roughly nothing and a caffeine headache, so I make a cup of tea and decide "Fuck it." "Fuck it" is my catch phrase at this point. It got me through a twelve page paper in two days. It won me $100 in a poetry contest. It was my motivation to break up with an abusive ex on my birthday. "Fuck it" is basically deciding that there are no rules now and that I'm going to do everything absolutely wrong, with the goal of producing as much trash as I can before the deadline. I slammed some oolong and a shot of captain, put on my thinking tiara, and got to work.

I ended up with a holiday party thrown by one of the core npcs of the first arc that brought together several key npcs (and about a hundred other people) to explore the players' backstories. Most of the npcs created for this mini-arc didn't have motivations beyond "talk to the characters" and a couple of them didn't even have names. There was no combat planned, no real story other than "you're at a party. mingle," and nothing for them to do other than talk about their backstories and improv. I ended up with three pages of potential dialogue and a couple lines of setting.

Guys, my players stepped up. One of them fleshed out the secret society he was part of, including their overarching goal, location, and several new characters, all in about half an hour of dialogue. Another improv'd his way through almost but barely not revealing his deep dark secret to his parents, almost but barely not learning his parents' deep dark secret, and helping his team mate when his wallet got stolen. The third met the thieve's guild, played some poker, and let us in on his tragic backstory for the first time in six months.

I'm so proud of them. I'm so proud of myself. Three hours of unbridled "fuck it" ended up with one of the funniest sessions we've had together. Nothing but role play, almost no dice rolled, and we still had a ton of fun. Do I want to do this every time? Not really, I like my combat, but it was a great change of pace between campaigns.

• Winner x 5
  15. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Took out bins, renewed prescription and organised prescription delivery service at chemist, visited bank and paid-in out of date notes and coins, took in grocery delivery, washed a load of dishes.

• Winner x 5
  16. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

Finally returned library books. Made bed.

• Winner x 5
  17. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

• Health insurance phone call AND filling out of forms.
    • Dental phone call.
    • Cleaned.

• Winner x 5
  18. TheOwlet

took out trash, vacuumed, did some misc cleaning

• Winner x 7
  19. turtleDove

Looked at my phone bill for December and January, noticed that there's Some Fuckery going on in December (the bill was $7.26, and had a whole mess of charges and credits, including ones for a phone upgrade that I definitely didn't do) and called my phone company.

Turns out, someone tried to hack my account and order themselves a new phone! But the fraud department caught it and credited me for the charges before I even heard about anything (which is why my bill was absurdly low).

I've changed my password for the phone account, and checked my credit to make sure there weren't any new things opened up or anything (it's all fine), and bugged Y about how she still needs to pay me back for what she borrowed. And asked Banjooie to bug Y about it, too, because my credit card is leveraged to the hilt right now due to the money Y borrowed off of me.

• Witnessed x 3
  20. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

Winneressed, because good on you getting that done! But witnessed for the stress, hassle, and not being paid back.

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice