Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.
Sent email, attended appointments, am finishing leftovers
went to doctor's appointment, picked up new prescription!
eta: made icing for my mom's birthday cake too, plus did a whole load of dishes!
I went to work!
1. bought a vacuum cleaner at target and then carried it for a mile because i forgot my train pass
2. impulse-bought a gigantic couch cushion, like huge, and it doesn't match the apartment at all. i love it so much i named it jeff
3. remembered to eat, but only just now, thank u thread for reminding me
Several things over the past few days
I uhhhhhh forget a bunch of it but today i did a load of laundry (still in the dryer, it's done but im not folding it until after i sleep), and changed the lightbulb in my bedside lamp after like a week or two since it burnt out
Did a bunch of dishes however many days ago last week
Called to book my next endo appt in six months but i had to leave a message, so i should call back to see if they actually got it
Finally took out the cardbord recycling!!!! I had a box of boxes in my room for like the past two months or whatever. Vanquished
Cut nails, talked to guy on Fiverr who's helping me work out my story idea, did part of my multiple saved Udemy courses.
Bought a thing for my mom, sent it off along with the shirts i was supposed to send last month
Also made a trip to the cheap gas statio to fill up the car
So many things over the past few days
I vacuumed then wet scrubbed the floor then scrubbed the bathroom.n toilet
I've done a fuckton of laundry over the past week or so, and last night I helped my friend with their cover letter for a job they super want!
Got haircut, put laundry away, removed spiders from bathroom.
Finished one arm of my fursuit!
Washed the curtains and windows in my living room, removed spiders in varying states of alive-ness, shifted furniture in preparation for vacuuming.
Got my desktop computer cleaned out (dad helped and showed me how!), and 90% set up. (It's...90% set up, because the working monitor is not, currently, displaying the boot screen, just the login screen.)
Also, figured out why the working monitor won't display the boot screen and what needs to be done to fix that. (We need a different cable.)
Got my ass out of bed early to let someone in to hack a chunk of moldy drywall out of my ceiling.
Cleaned my bathroom once the ceiling was fixed because I had everything out of there anyway.
First load of laundry is almost done washing
Half of dishes washed
Called about booking tire change, and then called about exchanging skirt thqt arrived today
Making overnight oats
Took out the garbage
Started packing clothes and diabetic supplies for trip, i leave on Sunday so i think im making good time
Made it to my short shift at work despite still having headache pain >:O
I think I have developped a coping strategy for when (possibly) ADHD Brain is having trouble with Exec Function.
1) have a variety of tasks to do around the house, including things that are right in the open and make you feel guilty when you look at them
2) spend all day telling self "you really gotta do that" and not doing that
3) notice that it is Late and you should be going to bed soon, feel bad about wasting the day
4) tell self "okay, let's just forget about today and do those things tomorrow."
5) immediately feel better because Tomorrow is an imaginary place that doesn't exist
6) (this is the sneaky part) tell self "let's just make a list of things that we are definitely doing Tomorrow, starting with the most pressing."
7) happily make a list because, again, Tomorrow is fake, so tasks no longer feel bad to think about
8) once list is made, tell self "how about just doing that one right at the top, since we've already visualized it and all, we can start Tomorrow in the right frame of mind"
9) task is no longer Thing I Should Have Done Days Ago, but Thing To Do Tomorrow, which I am getting a head start on because I am a productive person with great planning skills
10) Task gets Done!
11) see if you can leverage Just One More Then, but if not, be happy that at least one thing is Done, go to bed early and feel accomplished
@Meagen Image oh man do you mind if I quote that over to the ADHD thread? or you could do it, either way
because that is a BRILLIANT strategy that I am absolutely going to try :D I have used Tomorrow Is Fake as a weapon against anxiety, but I never thought to use it against executive dysfunction!
Kintsugi is based on the premise that nothing anyone can do or say makes it okay to treat them like trash. By logging in, you affirm that you understand this to be the foundational premise of the community. More on our community philosophy here.
Separate names with a comma.