What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

I applied to two entire jobs today! ... I hope they don't care that the emails were sent at 1 and 2 in the morning. Like... I don't know if that just feels irresponsible or if it looks super unprofessional. Maybe from now on I'll compose these emails and send them at a responsible hour like 10am or something.

Anyway, lets hope either the domestic violence youth education job or the feminism in geek culture job calls me back. ... my area has SUCH cool jobs on offer. If only I could get one.

• Like x 4
  2. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

I did more unpacking from college and did some alterations I've been meaning to do for roughly a year!

• Like x 1
  3. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

new bed arrived. put new bed together with mum. was overloaded because she hoovered and it was v. cold and i have an allergic reaction to the cold. itchy. persisted anyway. made bed after that. put two boxes of dirty washing downstairs. put away clean washing up. made myself some chocolate chilli pancakes w/ batter i made 2 days ago. did fresh washing up. put computer back together. checked mail.
    so done now.
    /flakes

• Like x 1
  4. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

this might be silly but...

i finally archived my ridiculously long roleplay tumblr today, so i no longer have to be paranoid about tumblr deleting it or whatever. i mean, i don't think it is likely to be deleted (at least not till the entire site goes down, haha) but... as i said, paranoia.

so yeah, i'm really glad that i no longer have to worry about that! :D and thus, it counts as being productive.

• Like x 5
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Went to the family house to sort through some of my old things. We're emptying the old family house (from before we all split in different directions and apartments, such is divorce and growing kids) to get it ready to sell.

Also made a phone call to reassure / touch base with at least one person since the lay off.

6. Beldaran

I scheduled a job interview!!! *screeching* :D

I am so pumped, this makes me want to be super productive and do all the things. Time to speed clean my apartment while the excitement high lasts.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    • Like x 5
  7. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

I convinced my guardian we should go home from work early :)

• Like x 2
  8. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

Sent my Facegame card packaging off to the printer! Talked with my father and my mother on the phone without stuttering once, and also organised a surprise for my mother's upcoming 60th birthday! :D

Also wrote my divorce lawyer to ask him how everything is going, and paid my rent!

• Like x 3
  9. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I actually just about finished my work for this sprint at work, which I was not at all sure I could do, but I finally got stuff to come together. I think.

• Like x 2
  10. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

I'm feeling absolutely sore and awful today, but I still at least have managed to wash all the towels that have been sitting in the hallway hamper for 2 months now.

• Like x 1
  11. Beldaran

I made asparagus and shrimp alfredo with spinach fettuccine while wearing a companion cube apron and no pants.

I am the best at adulting.

• Like x 5
  12. Soul

Soul Covered in bees

I just did dishes and cleaned the kitchen, except mopping the floor. It seemed kind of overwhelming, but I got it done.

• Like x 1
  13. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I also did my dishes, and actually cooked dinner :)

• Like x 1
  14. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

Today is actually a super productive day. My partner is at a pride event and asked me and my house mate if one of us could run the vacuum/steam cleaner and the other could clean up the bathroom a bit. I did the floor cleaning and also tidied the kitchen, but it looks like my house mate isn't going to clean at all and it's making me anxious (I don't want my partner to come home and have to do it herself), so I'm going to do the bathroom myself anyway. At least I have the energy for it. I also managed to make myself a decent pasta-lunch, but I doubt I'm going to have spoons for dinner after doing this cleaning.. maybe though. I'm much less sore today even if I keep having to make runs to get sick in the bathroom, so may as well do what I can before I get back in a slump.

15. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I finally got the hygiene spoons together to take a goddamned shower.

16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

We filled the dumpster, clearing out parts of the garage and the house! Another dumpster next weekend, then cleaning it up so Dad can get to selling it. Admittedly I got there late, so I only added help toward the end... But we talked too, and it was good.

17. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

I finished inking the last damn animation I needed for the home page of a website I'm designing. Now I can finally sit down and think what the other pages are going to look like.

18. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i got groceries today.

19. kmoss

kmoss whoops

AAAAAH
    I GRADUATED TODAY
    (with a minimum of me/parental arguments)
    and now I'm rewarding myself with terrible chinese food and guinness
    yaaaasss

• Like x 6
  20. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

I did NOTHING. It was the greatest thing I could possibly have done. I went to lunch with my dad, did a work Pinterest post, and then fucked around for the rest of the day. It's the most day-off day off I've taken in several months. So I'm, uh, proud of myself. For doing nothing. It was a major accomplishment.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice