What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

@Emma same, i actually had to buy hairties the first time since 7th grade to tame the length.

• Witnessed x 1
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

The back of my hair is giving me problems. I kind of want the result to look like Sugar from Drop-Out but it's hard to reach the back and persuading hairdressers to do it for me is frustrating, so I've been stuck with a sort of bob for a while. Gonna give it another go.

• Witnessed x 2
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

ordered checks! set up auto payments for my car! called to order new boots!

• Winner x 4
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Removed three large spiders from my bathroom and put them in my building's hallway where it's warm but they won't be in my way.

• Winner x 3
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Felt like crap, realized I'd basically only eaten carbohydrates for the last week, put a bunch of vegetables and protein in a bowl with some things to make it taste good, put the contents of the bowl in my face, and magically felt much less like crap.

• Winner x 9
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Tightened bolts on my bedframe, cleaned kitchen window, read a couple books I've been meaning to read.

• Winner x 3
  8. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Left a couple phone messages so hopefully I can get something done Thursday

Put away/washed a few dishes in the battle of Dishes vs Motivation

Scanned some prescription receipts and got some stuff from one insurance company, still have to finish that Thursday and finally I will submit all this stuff to the other insurance to cover the remainder that Insurance 1 didn't cover

Had to reset a password but finally wrote it down so i dont have to reset it again

• Winner x 4
  9. Kirie

Kirie Manager of Karens

I took out the garbage, which is a very hard thing for me to do because I'm very germaphobic and trash is nasty af.

• Winner x 8
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Awesome! Phobias suck, they really do, but it gets easier to get past them with time.

11. townghost

townghost mystery crab

i made a resume that looks like a milk box and i am now in the process of turning into an actual milk box

• Informative x 1
  12. townghost

townghost mystery crab

update: i have made an artificial milk carton out of a cereal box. now i just need to
    paint it white
    cover it in paper
    attach or tape or glue or paste my oddly milk-carton like resume to it
    ????
    street art

13. townghost

townghost mystery crab

update: first coat on.

thinking about the tragedy of my life.

14. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

Arranged broadband installation for my new house and hired a van to get all my stuff there

• Winner x 5
  15. LadyNighteyes

Called my grandma who's locked down in a nursing home.

• Like x 3
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Wrote a few hundred words of an origfic idea I have. Watched some nudibranch and snail videos to start working past my slug phobia, and they actually are pretty cute.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Washed my windows!

• Winner x 3
  18. LadyNighteyes

Installed a browser extension that hides comment sections.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. whyguy

whyguy blarg

I talked to my very conservative mother and showed her a compilation of some of the abuse caught on video by police in the last few days. she admitted that a lot of it was clearly not ok. I also got her to commit to donating to a medical fund to help with the aftermath of the protests, since people will definitely be getting sick. I led with telling her I donated to a bail fund, but it's a stretch to get her to support that.

I don't think this will change her view much in the long run, but if I can convince her to materially support something good, then I think I can settle for that level of praxis.

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  20. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

cleaned house (trash, vaccuum, dishes), cooked lunch, made a cake (Rhubarb streusel)

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice