What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Very gently removed a mouse from my bathroom by means of cheese in a cup.

• Winner x 6
  2. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Some cleaning!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    • Winner x 6
  3. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

Sent Two (2) Whole Emails

• Winner x 7
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Talked with a supervisor about a coworker who was making alarming religious/political comments

• Winner x 3
    • Witnessed x 2
  5. Everett

Got bloodwork done yesterday

• Winner x 5
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Practiced voice recording for a YouTube channel. Do we have a thread for sharing our voices? I know we have one for photos.

7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

reduced my number of open tabs from 120 to 62!

...on my laptop. I have no clue how many tabs are open on my phone because when there are more than 99 firefox just gives you an infinity symbol. which is not the most motivating thing I gotta say

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Went on a jog today. Started the yorusoi S paper's first draft. Did a big relax. Which I needed badly after this last week. Sometimes the most productive thing to do is to just.

Not.

With work.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Cleaned my bathroom, found my specs!

• Winner x 3
  10. Camber

Camber Active Member

woke up in the morning, got dressed, roasted a duck, behaved in a way that fits my values in social situations, tidied up slightly more than the minimum amount from duck roasting, called a relative

• Winner x 4
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Got hair cut, picked up vitamins, got flu shot.

• Winner x 2
  12. Everett

I also got flu shot and vitamins, also my meds

• Winner x 2
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yesterday I took a box of books over to my parents' place because they have a non-damp storage area, and plan to either Ziffit them if they want the individual ones or eBay them en masse after the pandemic when people want stuff for car boot sales. I'm sorting out more books and DVDs now, and will go through my clothes too.

• Like x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Took out trash, folded laundry, removed gel nail varnish, put away Christmas decorations (do Americans do this earlier? 6th of January was always the date my family used), posted a few pre-written fic chapters, and posting this will hopefully remind me to do some audio recordings.

• Winner x 2
  15. Everett

Tried to make an appointment and learned i actually already have one in 2 weeks

Arranged to have my diabetes people print some stuff the day of our phone appointment so i can send it to the surprise appointment

Ate enough calories despite not much appetite

• Winner x 4
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Practiced voice recordings. Haven't got any perfect yet, not least because one file failed to work properly, but I tried, and will try again. Also, I'm reading Cujo, because I realised I never have before.

• Winner x 1
  17. Camber

Camber Active Member

woke early, got up, ate two filling meals, cycled about 3 minutes before bike broke down but remained in good humour, took bike to and reclaimed bike from bike shop, did garden work outside with volunteer and then garden admin and message-sending inside, have nearly resolved slightly complicated problem that was bothering me, and have not been offputtingly weird to anyone (to my knowledge.) despite having reached my social gauge maximum around lunchtime. woo! I'm very tired but not more tired than I usually would be after cooking a meal anyway ?? I am going to go chill until bedtime.

• Winner x 3
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Typed 300 words of a novella. At this pace I'll be done in roughly four months. Gotta speed up.

EDIT: Well, kicked it up to 500. It's something.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Doing much better with help from 4thewords - I am now up to 2863 words and counting!

• Winner x 1
  20. Alexand

Alexand Rhymes with &

I passed my road test =____=;

• Winner x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice