What Productive Thing Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Soul, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Had guy visit to install better internet - technically that's not a thing *I* did but yeah. Also a bit more paid proofreading, ton of laundry, picked up some junk off the floor, need to put away delivered shopping after having let ferrets out for a bit.

• Winner x 3
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

moved all my plants and some other stuff over to the new apartment today! there's still a lot of stuff to pack and move but I am making progress, and I think I'll be ready for the uhaul next weekend.

• Winner x 6
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

and today I finished the move!!! my friend is also moving so we rented a uhaul together and in two trips managed to get just about everything from my old apartment to the new place :D nothing but my bed is where it should be, but I'm going to call out of work tomorrow and start getting things in order. I'm really looking forward to making this place feel like home :)

• Winner x 7
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Stocked up on two weeks of ferret food. I should tidy the freezer so it fits in there better.

• Winner x 2
  5. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Cleaned my rooooom this week

• Winner x 7
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Called my public library to suggest they replace their ebook of A Wizard Alone with the new version that isn't as ableist.

• Winner x 6
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Shifting my schedule around so I go to the gym, clean the ferret cage, take out the trash, and clean the bathroom on the same day. That way all the gross sweaty work's over with at once.

• Winner x 1
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

today I did laundry, cleaned my kitchen, thinned my lettuces, took out the trash, transferred my raspberry vodka to a new jar, started some blueberry vodka infusing, and made chocolate chip cookies :D and I believe I will have enough energy left to make salmon and fiddleheads for dinner!!

• Winner x 7
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I got thrown off my usual routine this week, so I missed a ferret cage cleaning. Giving them an extra deep scrub to make up for it.

• Winner x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Defrosted freezer.

• Winner x 2
  11. Everett

Made roasted broccoli and roasted potatoes!
    And yesterday i put away laundry

• Winner x 4
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Picked up new glasses. Now I have to practice remembering to wear the stupid things >:(

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Successfully cut Pendle's nails. She's squirmy, it's hard.

• Winner x 2
  14. Everett

Also picked up new glasses yesterday, bought clip on sunglasses for one of the pairs (the lenses and frames were buy one get one free so i got 2 pairs :eyes:)

• Winner x 6
  15. Nyara

Nyara Perpetual lurker, chillin' under my rock

Transplanted some daffodils, deadheaded my irises, and made a batch of mint simple syrup.

• Winner x 3
  16. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Over the past week and a half I cleaned the entire kitchen, bathroom, and hall by just doing 5-20 minutes of work every day that I had the spoons to! I'm so glad to be caught up so I can not feel pressure to clean something for a few weeks and hopefully be able to keep up on it better in the future

the bathtub especially hadn't been cleaned in like 2-3 months (initially asked housemate to do it, but housemate is younger than me and really busy so i think she either forgot or isn't really? experienced? in cleaning, so I decided to just pick it back up. I also didn't have the spoons to clean when I was 22 so whatev)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    • Winner x 7
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Kicked my weights up to 40kg at the gym. Seems like not much next to what other people there are lifting but it is getting close to a third of my bodyweight, so not too bad.

• Like x 4
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

my kitchen has been super clean the last few days. I think chronic lack of counter space was really skewing my assessment of my ability to keep things from getting cluttered and/or gross, but I got a kitchen island recently and it got a lot easier all of a sudden!

also, I finally polyurethane-d the comic book table - it's an old formica table that my parents covered in comic book panels when they were young, and then a while ago my sibling and I finished it by doing the middle folding part which our parents had left alone. we never finished it with an actual finish, though, just some gloss spray coating, and today I finally got around to applying polyurethane! it looks really good, I'll post pics in my blogthread sometime!

• Winner x 7
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Delivered some documents I needed to deliver, threw out some of the junk in my storeroom, gave ferrets ice packs, stocked up on food.

• Winner x 2
  20. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

Voted! :toot:

• Winner x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice