what to pack when you go to the psych ward

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by taxonomicAtrocity, Jan 21, 2016.

1. wow! i am definitely not okay. at least i see my shrink tomorrow? (didn't actually get therapy at the hospital, so idk if going in again just to get fucked up over dysphoria is a good idea)

2. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Wow they didnt give you therapy what the fuck? What did they even do? That sounds neglegent as shit.

• Like x 1
  3. i filled out a worksheet that asked me how depressed i was on a scale of one to ten once a day and a nurse would verify with me.

4. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Otherwise you just sat in your room?

5. i sat w/ some other ppl in a common room mostly but basically?

(edit)
    oh! also saw the doc 4 a coupla minutes every day

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    • Like x 1
  6. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

wtf, that's not even a half-assed crisis team.

• Like x 1
  7. a girl literally cut herself in front of the nurses and no one did anything

(i don't have any experiences to compare it to, but i'm starting to think that things weren't totes kosher lmao)

• Like x 1
  8. so basically: florida's mental health system is shitty, news at eleven

9. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

dude

that's beyond messed up. what the hell. i hope you tell your shrink about all of this.

• Like x 2
  10. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Yeah. That was not what I was expecting from a mental health institution...

11. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

That is like... "Should lose their liscences" territory. What the fuck.

12. and i went to the good hospital in the area ahaha
    i think part of it was them having no fucking clue what to do w/ me? i should try not to have health probs and be trans at the same time, i guess. but there were def questionable things going down

at least my shrink's good at his job? because i have shit that i really need to talk about and i know he'll be good 4 troubleshooting my current sitch. but god i feel fucking awful and while the psych ward was good in the 'had no way to hurt myself' sense i don't see myself going again when i need actual therapy.

• Like x 3
  13. okay, i feel a bit better after therapy. gonna do a family sesh next week! hopefully it'll help things get a lil more sorted n maybe i'll feel less bad

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice