What's your fave's God Tier?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Plus I always interpreted Doom as having more to do with fate, and the inevitability of destruction. Which makes it kinda Time-like but it's like.... different to me.

Also lol duh he's a Page, self, the god tier outfit is basically based on his outfit.

• Like x 1
  2. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

In one of the comics that came out recently after Rebirth, the Nightwing persona was also somehow symbolically linked back to constant change and reinvention/reincarnation so that also p much works for Page.

3. Birdy

Birdy so long

Archetypically, the Robin role slots nicely into Blood - family, community, a powerful symbol of not-aloneness, plus a binding tie (a representation of Batman's vow, the frightened child he swore to protect walking by his side for the first Robin, a tie to morality and humanity in the face of guilt and despair for the third...and a tie to that guilt and shame for the second)

Dick Grayson as Page of Blood also works outside the Robin identity, since the guy is pretty much universally respected and trusted throughout the DCU, a role he literally grew into by being The First Sidekick and everyone watching him grow up, and by being Anti-Batman as far as personality is concerned - trusting, trustworthy, and always willing to work together. Bats also pretty much has gotta be a Knight, and Page and Knight pair very prettily.

(If I was to cast all the Robins as Blood players, then I'd tentatively place Jason as Bard and Tim as Sylph. Damian is....Damian, and I'm not sure what to do with him, the whole point is that he doesn't fit neatly into the Robin archetype. I feel like I don't know enough about Stephanie or Duke to make a call on them.)

(Is that everyone? Very hard to keep track of Robins these days)

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 1
  4. KarrinBlue

...pretty sure that's all of them? All the Robins anyhow. Cass is in there too, and is pretty much textbook Void as well, though IDK her class.

5. Birdy

Birdy so long

Dunno if Cass was ever Robin.

I'm not sure whether I'm feeling Void for her, either. I see what you're getting at, but I'm kind of feeling something earthier and less nebulous as her aspect. Heart, maybe, since her arc is kind of about reinventing herself as a person, instead of as the weapon her father made, and I always liked the idea your title was something to grow into. Maid, maybe, since Maids often are controlled or subsumed into someone else's will, until they choose to take matters into their own hands.

6. KarrinBlue

...I wonder if she could pull off being a Seer? since her actual strength is being able to read people and see their next moves while they'll still working things out...

(i am, incidentally, tickled that there is in DC canon a white-haired clairvoyant named Rose)

• Agree x 2
  7. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

At one point my friend and I sat down and worked out classpects for the batfamily, and this is what we came up with:

Jason: Bard of Doom
    Tim: Mage of Time
    Damian: Heir of Rage
    Barbara: Seer of Light
    Stephanie: Witch of Breath
    Cassandra: Knight of Space
    Bruce: Knight of Void
    Dick: Rogue of Blood

Although I no longer remember the logic behind all of it.

• Like x 3
  8. Birdy

Birdy so long

I like Tim as a Mage. Too smart for he own gotdam good.

• Like x 2
  9. KarrinBlue

Incidentally, have any of you read Robin Son of Batman because I'm trying to work out what Maya would be and hrm. is there a class for being the opposite of an heir...

10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Are all Persona protags Xs of Void? I'm leaning towards yes.

NB: I'm most familiar with 3/4/5, so this may not hold up for earlier games.

• Agree x 1
  11. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Eh, I'd argue 3's is a Hero of Doom (Heir, maybe?) and 4's is a Mage of Light. Can't speak for Chairy Potter. Re: P2, Tatsuya and Maya definitely aren't Void- I could see Tatsuya as a Bard of Blood, but I'm not sure what Maya is.

• Like x 1
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I like the thematic nature of them being Void (0, infinite potential and all) but I'm interested in the choices for 3 and 4.

• Like x 1
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Well, the protags in 1 and 2 aren't Fool-Arcana- P1 protag is Emperor, and Tatsuya and Maya are Sun and Moon, respectively. And in both P3 and P4, the Wild Card ability is explicitly granted by their being marked by an external power (Death in 3 and Izanami in 4). (Again, don't know about Chairy Potter.)

P3 protag strikes me as Doom or Life for his tie to Death and ultimate position as the lynchpin holding back Nyx. And you're beaten over the head with P4 protag's position within the narrative as a Seeker of Truth (which is very Light); he is repeatedly the only one in the party to keep asking questions and digging when it looks like the situation is resolved, getting you into the last two dungeons.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Whoops! I'm really unfamiliar with the first two, dang.

I definitely see what you mean about Light for 4MC, and I think I could get behind 3MC being some flavor of Doom.

15. In what way?

16. KarrinBlue

Because maya has Parent Issues vis a vis legacy and inheritance and so on? Her arc seems to be about letting go of her dad's whole schtick and figuring herself out, though it gets weird because her dad also straight up just ditched her for another assassin baby as soon as one presented himself, and in general was kind of awful... (Oh god how do I words (

...anyways I feel like "the opposite of heir" would work for her.

17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Thief, maybe? She'd be stealing her own destiny to shape how she wants. Or maybe witch, because of the creation definition?

18. Shwoo

Shwoo Well-Known Member

Heir is the passive creator in my definition, so maybe Mage (active creator)? Or Bard or Prince, since they're destroyers.

19. And Maid is counter ot Heir in mine. I think Maid works better in the sense of "made of" though, sooo probably not what you're going for? I was thinking Destroyer classes too though.

• Like x 1
  20. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I'd suggest Witch, because both Jade and Feferi have themes of breaking away from their ancestor's legacies? Thief could work, but in canon both our thieves actively try to emulate their dancestor or alternate self

(I tend to read knight as the counterpart to heir, but it's got it's own baggage as a class)

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice