What's your fave's God Tier?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Apr 19, 2016.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

the discussion:

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    • Like x 3
  2. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

I'm near the end of Dragon Age 2, and someone suggested Hawke as a Prince, but--guys, Hawke is practically the reason the Bard class was invented. Shows up, goes about their business like always, and just happens to invariably end up at the center of everything and indirectly responsible for it all going straight to hell. Like, I realize the outfit is a bit unfortunate not that purple!Hawke wouldn't find it amazing but there is no way Firstname "A lot of things are my fault" Hawke is not the Bard of something. (I'd have to think more about what when I'm less sleepy.)

• Like x 6
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'd argue that Mabel's got a lot of the associations we see in Space players- creation, creativity, art. also fits with her being minigolf queen

I see your Hawke and raise you Jade "drink whenever something is NOT indirectly his fault and you will spend the entire game sober" Curtiss. so that's what he was wearing under the bathrobe

• Like x 3
  4. keltena

Say Prince of Doom (because there is no way Jade is not a Doom player) instead of Bard and you've got my full support. Jade is too active and deliberate a player in everything he does for me to see him as a Bard, even if the far-reaching consequences are more than he was prepared to deal with.

5. LadyNighteyes

Eh, I'd call Luke the game's Prince? Because most of Jade's damage is a lot more indirect. Like, the biggest thing he did was give the villains their entire toolbox, and they make trouble with it. And keeping his mouth shut when that ends up contributing to the mid-game disaster (which, to be fair, is a sin the entire party is at least somewhat guilty of). Luke is the one going into things with a plan that leads to him causing lots of destruction, even if Jade is sometimes the mastermind behind that plan and/or a major player in it, while Jade is the one who does things that enable large-scale destruction, but not usually the one who pulls the trigger.

6. keltena

Mm; I absolutely agree with you that the most large-scale devastating effects of Jade's actions are indirect, I just think that his actions themselves are very, very active in a way that perfectly matches what we see of Princes in canon. I can't see the kid who
    responds to his sister breaking a toy by unblinkingly inventing cloning to replace it without the larger implications of his actions even occurring to him, tries to learn how to use the seventh fonon despite every reputable source saying it's impossible and dangerous to try because he only believes what he himself has proved, and goes ahead with trying to replicate his deceased mentor on the spot despite knowing the technology is far from ready for that and then spends years insistent on just doing it again until he makes it work and literally has to be slapped out of it by Peony even after almost getting killed in the process
    as anything but a Prince. He's just not a Prince we meet at the beginning of his character arc; he's already gotten the big push he needs to commit to turning away from his most damaging tendencies, so by that point his main Issue is his preference for going "but I don't wanna" when faced with repercussions of his past actions he should be taking responsibility for, which means most of the damage he does is exacerbating the existing consequences of his actions by half-assing his character development rather then fucking around carelessly with life and death.

... This is apparently something I have thoughts on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(EDIT: I don't necessarily disagree on Luke as Prince, ftr! My personal read on him has generally been Heir, which I rather like, but I'm not totally wedded to that or anything.)

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    • Like x 1
  7. LadyNighteyes

Asch thinks Luke is a Thief

• Like x 1
  8. LadyNighteyes

...Actually, now that I think about it, Asch would be such a simmering cauldron of resentment about Luke's class whichever of the two currently-presented options it was. :::PPP

• Like x 1
  9. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

I
    In a session with multiple space players Mabel could work but Ford has to be space.

Also, Mabel is obsessed with everyone's romances,not just her own. Like Nepeta and Meulin.

I literally laugh out loud every time I watch her trying to get Stan that disastrous date with Susan.

• Agree x 1
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Yes Good. Sora and Riku's are perfect, as are the Wayfinder Trio's, and I'm also unsure about Kairi (would sure help if she had more than 10 minutes of screentime :/) but Seer of Life seems like it could work. I might switch Roxas and Xion's, though. She's the one who literally becomes nothingness, and the Maid character arc seems to fit him better than it does her, although he is still only partway through it so who knows. Then again, that would mess up the matchiness of the Sora Sameface Clan, and it is a very pleasing matchiness.

I absolutely LOVE Axel as a Sylph of Heart though, holy shit, that never occurred to me but it's so fucking excellent :DDD Consider also: Namine as a Sylph of Mind. Or possibly Rogue.

• Like x 2
  11. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I literally started this with "Ok, Sora is an Heir of Hope, and Riku is a Knight." Kairi was suuper hard because not only does she have ten minutes of screentime but I had to remember not to mix canon Kairi up with my roleplay Kairi, who is definitely a Witch, probably of Life or Blood. I absolutely LOVE Namine as Rogue of Mind, oh my god, I hadn't considered that before but it's perfect. Roxas and Xion were really hard for me, and I went with Maid of Doom for her because Doom seems in part to be about rules and the correct way to proceed and fate, which I think ties into her arc a lot. Plus sameface clan symmetry.
    Axel was suuper hard for me because I love him, but Slyph clicked into place when I realized that really, at heart he is a meddler and kind of a nurturer, however much he would probably deny it, and I kinda just figured from there that he is Heart, just inverted from, well, loosing his Heart.

• Like x 2
  12. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Gwyndolin is a Knight of Light, though a very different sort from Glinda. Gwyndolin is after all described as having behaved like a "sullen, brooding goddess". Very different from bubbly Glinda! He's got the hiding away thing that Knights do down pat though and what does Gwyndolin do if not protect what he cares for? That is like. His entire thing. And he uses his knowledge and the SHEER WONDER OF HIS LIGHT to do so.

13. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

I watched (and read a let's play of) Fate/Stay Night a few weeks ago and it struck me while watching that Emiya Shirou/Archer is the absolute perfect example of the Maid Class in both story arc and powers. (He doesn't really fit the canon aspect system though since even despite the red, the gears and the time travel, his aspect is obviously Swords) Shirou starts as a caring character (the repairs, the cooking - sadly the kind of toxic chivalry in the game undermines that but he's clearly supposed to be supportive.) He isn't as openly rebellious as most Maids (except as Archer) but he has the same stubborness, and refusal to listen to advice. He undergoes a physical transformation (If not quite as drastic as that of the canon Maids), and comes under the control of outside forces. Despite his efforts and unlike most of the canon Maids, he cannot free himself from them but that really depends on which timeline counts of the alpha. Archer even explicitly says at one point that his role as a Counter Guardian is to clean up after people.

Also his main power is creating swords and in one of the routes of the game he ends up literally made of swords, so there's that.

From the same series, Matou Shinji is clearly a Bard because nearly everthing he does can be summed up as inviting destruction. Aspectwise I'd suggest Blood but I could be argued out of that one.

Matou Sakura is a Page of Rage. Massive potential, with oppressive forces keeping her from using it, very passive generally and her emotions are directely connected to her powers.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    • Like x 3
  14. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

Furiosa is the Rogue of Hope
    Max is the Knight of Heart
    Nux is the Prince of Doom

the Dag is the Life player, maybe Witch? i like Angharad as the Space player and Cheedo as the Time player, although WHOOPS i guess their session is fucked because the space player died. well, any session that Max is in will probably be a doomed one anyway. although Angharad as a Rage player works well too imo.

thoughts?

• Like x 6
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Hah, Riku is such a Knight. And that RP Kairi sounds interesting! I used to follow several KH roleplay tumblrs, might I have come across one of your posts somewhere? (if you are ok with sharing, that is uvu) And hey if Kairi is Life, then Xion being Doom is even better because I'm pretty sure that those form an aspect pair? Satisfying!

16. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Srry I don't rp on tumblr, I'm too scared! I have like one long time (since middle school) roleplay partner that I do everything with. I kinda love my roleplay Kairi though, even if she isn't the most faithful to the original. Imma stick with Witch of Life Kairi, because I like that a LOT and I also like the classpect pair! Symmetry!

• Like x 1
  17. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

@aetherGeologist any thoughts on Illya? I know the prisma version is a something of Hope (Heir maybe?)

And I'm also trying to figure out Miyu from prisma. Without much success, though.

18. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Furiosa the Rogue of Hope is SO PERFECT. I like Angharad as a Rage player too, and maybe Capable as a Sylph of Blood (healing through bonding and connection)?

• Like x 1
  19. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

@WithAnH yesssss Sylph of Blood is perfect for Capable! now i'm thinking of Angharad the Heir of Rage, because she certainly manifests her rage (into a small rebellion.)

• Like x 2
  20. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

@hyrax I wonder if Immortan Joe would be a Life player gone horribly wrong. His absolute control over water and food, the half-lives of the War Boys, his obsession with healthy babies, the Milking Mothers...the whole structure of the Citadel is a messed-up but effective system for redistributing Life to serve Joe's purposes.

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice