What's your fave's God Tier?

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Apr 19, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Lord of Life? Dominating and controlling it.

• Like x 4
  2. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

@WithAnH ... Immortan Joe is the Bard of Life. destroying others via their own vitality. NICE.

• Like x 5
  3. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

I gave some Gravity Falls characters classpects a little while ago and I'm going to have to politely disagree with you on these!
    I really liked the idea of the Pines twins having clearly paired, opposite aspects, so I gave Dipper and Mabel Time and Space and Stanford and Stanley Mind and Heart. I debated a lot about Dipper's class (originally I had him down as a Seer, actually) but eventually I settled on Mage, although I was pretty fond of it for Stanford as well. knowing without knowing specifics seems very Dipper. and Time because clone shenanigans, and his, y'know, actual time travel, and even his obsession with growing up. Mabel is a Rogue because I see a lot of similarities personality-wise between her and Nepeta and Roxy, and Space both because that's the necessary opposite for Dipper and because, like someone upthread mentioned, she's got a lot of the creativity of Jade and Kanaya. also because seriously, who else in the Gravity Falls cast would breed frogs as gleefully. Stanford is Mind because of all his work in the Mindscape and also because, well, smart and analytical and very in his own head. and I did have him as a Mage, but eventually I decided Prince would work better. because he does use his mind to destroy, and he also destroyed his own mind by letting Bill in. and Stan is a Knight of Heart because have you seen that man's devotion to his family and his relationships with them, and because I very much see him putting up that swindler facade to cover how much he cares, and of course he's a protector. also him helping Mabel to catch frogs would be so cute.

actually I gave everyone on the prophecy wheel a classpect? none of them overlapping because obviously they'd all be playing in the same session.
    Wendy: Witch of Hope
    Soos: Page of Life
    Robbie: Heir of Rage
    Fiddleford: Seer of Doom
    Pacifica: Sylph of Blood
    Gideon: Bard of Light

and Bill would probably start out as a Thief of Mind before he breaks the game, escapes the session, and goes dimension-hopping/destroying.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  4. LadyNighteyes

Mabel wouldn't just breed frogs, she would ship frogs. Oh, sure, it's done with ectobiology, but she would write fanfic about the frogs. With illustrations.

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 2
  5. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Disagreement is fine, but holy crap I can't see Ford as Mind because the poor man did nothing in the mindscape BUT fuck up. And I say this as someone who loves him enough that I'd probably marry the guy if he were a real person :) (@the author speaks is me...) FWIW I would have given Fiddleford Mind.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    • Like x 2
  6. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

@KarrinBlue I think maybe Heir of Space for Ilya? She's isolated in the way Space players tend to be, she's powerful like the other Heirs, and the powers of the uncorrupted grail fit in nicely with Space's themes of new life and limitless growth.

I've not seen any of the spinoffs though so i'm probably missing some things about Ilya's character.

7. cleverThylacine

Actually I made Bill a Lord. Lord of Breath, because he's obsessed with freedom above all else (though not necessarily anybody ELSE's freedom...)

(Everyone in the Weirdmageddon Tango RPG has a classpect.)

• Like x 1
  8. esotericPrognosticator

@cryptoThelematrix yeah, I can see Fiddleford as Mind! poor dude kinda got stuck with Doom because, well, everyone needed a different aspect. whoops? and the thing about Stanford being Mind is that, yeah, he's terrible at it. he's a Prince of Mind, of course he's terrible. Eridan and Dirk aren't good at optimism and interpersonal relationships, that's for damn sure. and I quite like Bill as a Lord, actually! it's overpowered and flashy and terrible enough for him. I do still think he'd be Mind, though, just because the connection's so obvious. I mean, he's a dream demon, in the Mindscape, who gets into people's heads. I see what you're saying about freedom, though. (for what it's worth, I made his strife specibus puppetkind.)

• Like x 1
  9. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I am in birb hell and got way too into hatoful boyfriend, so I ended up making a tumblr post with birb classpects. You can go read the thoughts there, but for brevity's sake:
    Sakuya: Heir of Breath
    Anghel: Seer of Hope
    Nanaki: Page of Heart
    Shuu: Bard of Void
    Yuuya: Rogue of Time
    Nageki: Knight of Light
    Tosaka: Maid of Blood
    Okosan: Mage of Space
    Ryouta: Sylph of Doom
    Hitori: Prince of Mind

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  10. cleverThylacine

I don't write Ford as a Prince, but I can see why people do. It's just that he's so very rarely destructive on purpose. Unlike Eridan and Dirk, Ford actually means well even when he's fucking way the hell up and his worst decisions have all been the result of believing everyone else is as earnest and honest and trustworthy as he is, and I think the finale showed that even though he has all the Pines family anger issues, he's actually very loving. (As I always believed.)

• Agree x 1
  11. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

I think Dirk generally means well, too.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  12. esotericPrognosticator

@Scheherazade yeah, I was about to say that. he's not malicious, just occasionally incompetent.

• Like x 1
  13. Scheherazade

Scheherazade It's a story fractal

In that very special way that only the highly competent seem to manage, yes. The phrase "so sharp you'll cut yourself" is probably relevant here.

• Like x 6
  14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I think he definitely has the potential to be frightfully malicious. You can see that with the reactions between himself and the autoresponder, I feel. Dirk's also definitely someone who is a bit...Yeah. We saw that he has the potential to become incredibly abusive in the form of Bro and some of how he handled the Jake situation just ping me as not good. Dirk isn't what I would call usually malicious though. Quite the opposite really? He's also aware of how shitty some of his behavior is and does work on dealing with it to some degree in the comic. And I definitely feel he can probably work on it even more post-game.

Also I suppose there should be mention that being destructive on purpose isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's very situational. Destruction in the sense of princes can also be quite weird as we saw with just how many Dirks there were. Figuratively speaking he was destroying his self, hence Prince of Heart.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    • Like x 7
  15. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

So @IvyLB and I have been talking about tiering the partyshipLost Light Crew, and some of the surrounding cast

Tailgate: Page of Void
    Cyclonus: Knight of Life
    Rodimus: Heir of Hope
    Brainstorm: Witch of Time
    Nautica: ???? of Space (she reminds me of Jade)
    Megatron: Bard of Light
    Optimus Prime: Bard of Breath
    Shockwave: Prince of Space
    Nightbeat: Seer of Mind
    Rewind: Seer of ????
    Starscream: Thief of Light
    Swerve: ???? of Breath

(and there the conversation devolved into a crossover with the homestuck kid cast and the lost light crew)

• Like x 7
  16. cleverThylacine

Yes, but Dirk does actually try to destroy things. Prince is the active destroyer class. Dirk and Eridan fuck up a lot, but there are also numerous situations in which (while they're not necessarily malicious) they're actually trying to break shit.

Stanford...doesn't. Ford is DEFINITELY so sharp he cuts himself. Constantly.

But he's not someone who ever set out to become a fighter (even though he was forced to). Both Eridan and Dirk were actively interested in being destructive from the get-go. Ford just wanted to be a scholar and inventor.

Honestly I could see him as a Bard before I could see him as a Prince, because that's the passive destroyer class--the class of people who fuck up without meaning to fuck up (Gamzee's violent, but he's the Bard of Rage after all...)

But the reason I did him as Mage is because Mages suffer a lot at the hands of their element, usually screw something up big time (you can make a double reacharound virus but ffs don't show it to Karkat? srsly, that is at least approaching "summon Bill Cipher" levels of stupid)...and then finally master themselves.

*shrug*

Anyhow, I didn't mean that being destructive on purpose is always bad. I meant that Princes are supposed to be destructive on purpose, and Ford...wasn't. Even when he summoned the demon, he didn't believe that it was actually a demon that was going to destroy everything, he thought it was "a being with answers".

*facepalms*

I know. Oh, Ford.

• Like x 3
  17. LadyNighteyes

*sighs a sad small-fandom sigh about how few people around can appreciate how well "Prince of Time" works for the Big Bad of her favorite game*
    Right down to fitting the pattern of all the canon Princes being in some way pushy/demanding/controlling in interpersonal relationships, often to the point of ruining those relationships.

• Like x 1
  18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

So a case of wording that got lost. I read it as Dirk specifically being malicious typically because he is purposely destructive. When he's not really, though he has the potential to be absolutely foul and also purposeful destruction isn't always bad thing.

Let's do Bloodstuck because I am fucking groggy from just waking up I guess.

Alfred is a Page of Rage I feel. When you first meet him he's a rather chill dude. He's a bit off in the way that Solaire is and depending on how you play the game that can be what Alfred remains. However his ultimate destiny and the proper end of his quest is form him to go stark raving mad out of sheer fury. Long story short if you do things right he mashes a helpless vampire woman to blood and guts and nothing more and rants and screams about it insanely. After that he kills himself. A lot of the cast is very rageful, but no one is really as defined by their sheer potential for it like Alfred is. It's kind of unsettling honestly.

Gehrman I feel gets to be the Time player. His entire story is defined by a sort of fatalism and out of the cast he is the one who realizes most just how deeply fucked you all are. He's also the character most heavily associated with death outside of perhaps Eileen's ass. I am tempted to deem him a Knight of Time in particular. Basically he is eternally bound to a section of the Dreamscape that some Great One made real for him. He acts as a kindly old guide to the player, telling them to run off and kill because that is what they are born to do. Assuming things get to be too much Gehrman acts as a kindly executioner. There's a lot to Gehrman, but he refuses to show it to you or anyone else. Probably to himself as well. Also if you refuse his offer to kill you and free you from the dream, Gehrman stands the fuck up and begins to flashstep you to death. He's basically a psychopomp that really, really, really wants for you to die out of mercy. Because he knows that if you beat him then you're going to end up in his place, and he can't bear to let you suffer that. He defends. Even before that as a hunter he defended. He was the first bulwark against the beasts. He lives to protect.

Father Gascoigne is a Bard of Blood. Which is very fitting given that blood is precisely what ends up destroying his relationships. He's a caring man who went off to the city seeking blood ministration for whatever reason. He stayed and became a member of the church, acting as a hunter and keeping the city safe. But then he settled down and had a family. He had a close friend and possible father in law (possible because From soft lore is opaque at all times) in Henryk. He seems to have known Eileen as well. He really seems to have treasured these relationships, but sadly his story is defined by how he destroys them. Going mad from the Beast Scourge he ends up killing his wife in a rage and leaves his daughters without anyone to protect them. Play your cards right and your actions end up killing them too. Partly because of Gascoigne's actions. It is very sad. Everything in Bloodborne is very sad.

• Like x 1
  19. LadyNighteyes

Actually you know what I'm going to talk about RH even though nobody but @keltena has played the game anyway.
    • Stocke is so obviously a Knight of Time that I've seen a bunch of people independently making Dave jokes and someone whose RH tag was "the other knight of time." He weaponizes time travel to protect people, and though he doesn't deliberately misrepresent himself in quite the way Knights often do, he does hide a lot of who he is and what he cares about by the simple expedient of not telling anyone. Though he's also got Sylph-y levels of trying to fix everyone else's problems.
    • Darth Homura is, as mentioned, a Prince of Time for equally obvious reasons.
      Using both time travel and the more mundane sort of time as tools to destroy. And, as mentioned, fits the pattern of Princes being domineering/demanding/controlling in relationships to the point of hurting the people they care about. And it's a bad pun, which is a bonus.
    • Eruca's either a Mage of Life or a Mage of Space- she's trying to lead the world to a future where it has a future, which is very fanon-Mage. Life probably technically fits better, but that aspect pair with the two Time players is tempting.
    • Aht is a Seer of Heart, because, well, she can see souls, and she consequently knows more about what's going on than anyone in the party besides maybe Eruca. She wants to be a Rogue. She isn't.
    • Marco is an unrealized Page of Light- he tries to be a source of knowledge and improve the fortune of the group (because healer), but he's out of the loop on most of the important stuff and thus can't do much more than quietly assist. And his bad end probably required superhuman luck, sooo...
    • Those are the easy ones- still working on Rosch, Sonja, and Raynie. Blood would work for any of the three, but Rosch could also be Hope, Sonja could be active Life or passive Doom, and Raynie could be a lot of things- could probably make any of Void, Space, or Breath work. And Gafka remains, as he often does, an enigma, because he's so under-characterized, argh. Maybe he's Void because of his lack of characterization.
    • Lippti and Teo are jointly a Muse of Time.

• Like x 2
  20. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Reviving this thread because I am working on FFVII classpects but I'm not sure what to give Cloud/Zack- what aspect concerns heroism and how people relate to it? I don't think there is one. My first thought was Light but that. That doesn't fit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice