What's your horoscope/sign?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ectoBiologist, Mar 20, 2016.

1. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

I've been thinking of digging through my docs to try and find a mini-class of sorts I did for a friend about the fancy stuff in a birth chart. Would anyone be interested?

• Like x 6
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Off-topic but, dude, my mom grew up in Spokane! :0

• Like x 1
  3. witchknights

I just realized the document I have is in Portuguese, so i'll translate it real quick and get at least some of it out before I do the maps because it'll be easier to reference. Sorry I only got to them now!!! My mother-in-law was visiting ):

• Like x 2
  4. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

I'm a Cancer sun, but my mum can't at all remember what time of day I was born so I know nothing else and it's really annoying because I want to look shit up, pf.

5. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

pisces and i've never...actually...thought about the other stuff o.o

6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I'm a Taurus and a Water Monkey. I have no idea about the other weirder shit with occidental zodiac. Also my Buddha is the Buddha standing and warding off disease and taints with the Abhaya Mudra. Birthday Buddhas are a Thai Buddhism thing. Basically you get a Buddha for what day of the week you're born on.

Sunday is the Buddha standing making the Samadhi mudra for concentration and contemplation. Monday is mine. Tuesday is the reclining Buddha in the lion's pose before his death and Parinibbana. Wednesday is the Buddha holding an alms bowl before he goes begging for food. Thursday is the sitting Buddha using Samadhi mudra as he meditates. Friday is the Buddha with his arms crossed, right over left, and standing as he contemplates how to spread the teachings. Saturday is the Buddha sitting and meditating under the bodhi tree, protected from rain by the Mucalinda Nagaraja.

• Like x 3
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

my sun is scorpio, rising is gemini, and moon is libra. it's funny because most people (who don't already know my birthday) guess i'm a taurus for some reason.

• Like x 2
  8. witchknights

Taurus and Scorpio are opposite in the chart, and they have different qualities expressed in similar ways. If you have stuff that balances the chart towards Taurus qualities it could be what is making people mis.... Horoscopize you? Is that even a word?

I'm also a Scorpio with Gemini rising and my boyfriend is a Taurus with Taurus rising and Venus and I think Mercury too (a nightmare. When he wants he is a nightmare) and people say we're really similar and they tend to mis horoscopize (?) me too.

• Like x 1
  9. eddie

eddie ...

Capricorn, sun
    Gemini, moon
    Taurus, rising
    Aquarius, midheaven

There's a lot going on here. People who know me not so well are like "wow yes a capricorn". The others just "wow you're not a Gemini?"

10. a tiny mushroom

a tiny mushroom the tiniest

Sun: Capricorn
    Moon: Saggitarius
    Rising: Cancer

I don't know enough about astrology to know what the fuck any of that means, though.

11. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Could I get a copy of the doc in Portuguese too? I'm studying it so that would be good practice for me!

12. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Astrology nerds represent! I'm an Aries, with a Gem moon and a rising that's either Pisces or Aries depending on how you calculate it/whether you take my mother's word or my birth certificate for the time. (It's Pisces, though. I do not present as Aries and I have the physical Pisces characteristics.)

The boyfriend and I are super into astrology and I'm 900% willing to help people with interpreting their charts/dominants/transits/whatever. I do it for my close friends a lot.

• Like x 1
  13. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

oh, could you help me please? I can't make heads or tails of anything past sun signs

14. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I am Libra/Scorpio sun sign. right on the cusp. dunno what my moon and rising are, would like to find out.

15. sirsparklepants

@Bel Capricorn absolutely! just need your time/date and place of birth and I'll run you up a chart, unless you already know yours/have a copy handy.

@chaoticArbiter same info and I'll let you know :)

16. chaoticArbiter

uhhhhh
    place: new britain, connecticut
    time: 1:00am
    date: october 22, 1996

17. sirsparklepants

@chaoticArbiter looks like your moon is Pisces and your rising is also Libra! (And you're part of the pluto-in-Sag generation and have some pretty cool aspects, but that's not what you asked, I just thought it was interesting.)

• Like x 1
  18. chaoticArbiter

please tell me more about Pluto being in...Sagittarius, I'm guessing? please tell me all the things about my astrology I want to know
    also what does it mean that my moon is Pisces and my rising is Libra

19. sirsparklepants

@chaoticArbiter jsyk you have opened a Can of Worms! I love to elaborate on this kind of thing. (also if this is junking up the thread, someone please let me know, I'm cool with moving this to PMs.)

And whoops, I was looking at the wrong part of your chart - your rising is actually Leo!

In astrology, the "big three" are your sun, moon, and rising (you may also hear this called the Ascendant). In broad strokes, the sun sign is your core self, the rising is how you seem on the outside and how you react to things, and the moon is your inner life - feelings, emotions and moods. Your moon is in Pisces, which, as a sun sign, is indicative of a rich inner life and imagination, and strong emotions without much of a thick skin. As a moon sign, these qualities are amplified. People with a Pisces moon tend to be pretty focused on their inner lives, and their feelings are a really big part of who they are. They also have a tendency to be easily hurt, but this sensitivity also translates to extreme compassion and often an almost creepy emotional intuition. Basically, you feel things very, very strongly, and it's easy to put yourself in others' shoes. It can also mean that you have a tendency to be self-sacrificing and put others before yourself, because you feel for them so deeply.

A Leo rising means that you tend to come across as very performative - not in a fake way, more like you're very aware of people's eyes on you at all times and act like someone's watching, very conscious of the image you present. You're pretty gregarious and like to be paid attention to. You like to believe the best in people, and are a very warm, caring person. Leo can be kind of self-centered, and tends to temper tantrums and the like, but it depends on the rest of your chart, really. With a moon in Pisces, I'd guess that if that is one of your flaws, it's not expressed as much as it could be.

Pluto, meanwhile, is a very slow-moving planet, changing signs every 15-20 years (I think, I'm too lazy to google it right now), so it's often referred to as a "generational" planet. I was part of the Pluto-in-Scorpio generation, right before you, which coincides with millenials, and the characteristics of Pluto in Scorpio are pretty relevant to that - going through tough times at an early age, rebelling against social norms, that kind of thing. Pluto is often considered as kind of a dark planet, because it's considered to bring destruction - but often the destruction that's needed for new things to blossom, the dying of the old to make way for the new. In astrology, it's part of the reason each generation kind of has its own characteristics. Sagittarius is associated a lot with righteousness, newness, and forging a new path, so the Pluto-in-Sag generation - born between '95 and '08 - is characterized a lot by that, destroying old to make way for new and more just ways. (edit: ngl, I tend to blame pluto-in-sag for a lot of the 13-16yo tumblrina sjw types, because it helps me deal with it.)

All of this is just kind of a general overview; I didn't want to overwhelm you with a ton of new info.

And as a bonus, something I noticed in your chart that are pretty relevant to things I've seen you post about in the forums - your moon is in House 7, having to do with relationships. (Houses are a mathematical division of your chart, each of which has some major aspect of your life in it, and every planet is in a house, although not all houses contain planets. It's weird.) I only mention this because it's an indication that relationships are really important to you - in fact, I'll just quote part of what the website says: "You are drawn to partnerships and prefer to have a companion for emotional support. You are not a person who would happily take in a movie by yourself, or dine alone, for example. A partner awakens feelings in you that you may never know you had, and you seem to need a partner to learn about your own needs and feelings. Emotional fulfillment is sought through relationships". That just stood out to me.

edit: forgot to attach your chart too! i'm using cafeastrolgy to draw the charts, because they have the best math in my experience, but the interpretations are mostly mine.
    cA chart.png

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    • Like x 3
  20. chaoticArbiter

huh.
    most of this is very accurate.
    and the relationship stuff is v true--relationships are v, v important to me.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice