Where Woofs (18+)

Discussion in 'Boat Trolls RP' started by Erskin Aspera, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Erskin Aspera

Erskin Aspera flintlockGallivant

Coneflower finally manages to dig a sort of trench out from under Bel, wherupon she shakes herself off furiously and then springs at him, whacking fiercely at his face. You're starting to be impressed at her inventive curses. Currently she's comparing the scent of his piss to that of a clear, fresh spring brook.

"No, it's got the regular fragrance," you call over to her. "It's pretty good."

She starts to compare your piss to unflattering liquids. You put your ears back and try very hard to be above the situation.

• Like x 4
  2. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

Coyote curses are weird. "Thank you for defending my urine," you tell Erskin bemusedly as you weather Coneflower's high-speed retaliation. She's very squirmy and agile, you're proud of her.

But Erskin is all left-out now. You suddenly break left around the car and lead the coyote on a little chase, and end up 'hiding' behind Erskin. "Save me, bro, she knows kung fu!"

• Like x 1
  3. Erskin Aspera

"Oh, no, this isn't my fight, she's your nemesis!" you skitter to the side. Bel follows you and Coneflower follows him. It turns into a bit of a chase scene.

• Like x 3
  4. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

When you've all kind of romped yourself out for a moment, and there's a pause in the action, you lift your head and sniff the wind. "Huh. You smell that? Something's bleeding. Fresh roadkill?"

• Like x 1
  5. Erskin Aspera

"Must be," you say, sitting up tall. "The wind's coming from off the road, i think."

"It's my road in my area!" Coneflower interjects. "So that's my meal! You guys stay here!"

She sets off.

"Yeah, Bel, you stay here," you grin, and set off after her.

• Like x 2
  6. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

"Sure, no problem," you say cheerfully, putting on a burst of speed.

You race Coneflower for a little while, during which the smells become clearer: deer, and diesel. Thanks to the flat terrain, you see the scene before you get near it. There's a large pickup with tool racks in the back parked slantwise in the road, its headlights shining on the mess that used to be a full-grown whitetail buck. The driver is standing near it talking on his phone. The truck has a broken windshield, but appears to be running okay; the driver's probably still deciding whether to drive on with his windshield messed up, or call for a tow. It's starting to snow again a little. He'll probably decide to move on just to get out of the weather.

"Hold up, guys," you call, soft yips that still make the driver look around nervously. He can't see you, he's in the headlight glare. "Wait for the human to leave. He probably has a gun in the truck, we don't want to scare him."

• Like x 3
  7. Erskin Aspera

You grimace and hunker right down into the snow. You could happily go another couple years without getting shot, even for a whole buck. Coneflower trots in wide circles around the man and the deer, clearly scared that the car might attack her over the kill but still intent on darting in and getting a chance at the meat the very minute she can. With the two of you to compete with, and any other coyotes who know to associate cars with carrion, you can't blame her for wanting to be quick off the mark.

• Like x 1
  8. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

You consider trying to persuade Coneflower to quit making the guy nervous, but he isn't going for a weapon, and it seems to be deciding him in favor of driving on. He gets back in the car to finish his conversation, and after some minutes, gingerly backs up and drives around the deer carcass. As soon as the car is past, Coneflower zooms in to start ripping at the meat. You move in more leisurely.

"It's in her backyard," you muse to Erskin, "it's only polite to let her pick her favorite cuts before we chow down. There's plenty for all of us."

• Like x 1
  9. Erskin Aspera

You snort at him. There might be plenty for all of you, but you're damn well going to make sure there's enough for you, yourself. Still, you do Bel the concession of leaving Coneflower to tear away at the soft, easy meat of the head and go to open up the stomach. The organs won't stay warm forever.

"It's a good thing this happened at night," you remark, in between wrestling out the rich liver. "Won't be crows for awhile. No vultures either. Are there vultures around here? I can't remember."

• Like x 2
  10. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

"Turkey vultures, yeah, they're not very big or aggressive, but I bet there's other coyotes smelling this. I'm pretty confident the three of us can run them off if they show up before we're done."

Leaving the organ meats to him, you follow your human instinct to focus on the thick, lean meat of the haunches, the kind of venison you'd love to slow-roast with onions and peppercorns. In wolf form, it's every bit as delicious raw. You know if you were a wolf all the time you couldn't live on the lean stuff. But what the hell, you can eat a pint of ice cream when you're human again.

• Like x 4
  11. Erskin Aspera

"I got my ass kicked by a griffon once. I mean, a griffon vulture. Big as I was, and meaner." You sigh wistfully. "It was a really good antelope, too."

It's really nice not to compete for the soft meats and fat: Coneflower because she's too wary of your size and temper to push the issue, and Bel because he's squeamish. You eat until you feel like you're going to be sick, then wobble off to the grassy ditch beside the road and flop over.

"Yay," you say, vaguely.

• Like x 6
  12. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

It takes you longer to fill your larger stomach, but eventually you join him. "I'm so stuffed. That was hella good. I'd have eaten that in human form too, it was flawless." You set your chin on his neck with a huff. "Wish we could've shared it with Pancho. That's probably Pack Feels, huh? Because I don't usually have a nice meal and think it's lacking something because I'm with just my datefriend and not also my bestie."

• Like x 2
  13. Erskin Aspera

You yawn. "I don't feel that way myself right now, but it's a very normal thing to feel, yes. I think I'm used to estrangement from my family. You're still used to having one. And you get attached so much more easily, you're a big softie..." you nod at the extremely obnoxious Coneflower, who's just returned from hiding away as big a chunk of deer as she can carry off and is busy gnawing a new piece free.

"Our meat supply isn't going to last very long if she keeps beavering away at it like that," you note with idle disapproval.

• Like x 2
  14. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

"It doesn't have to," you remind him. "We're going to either find the safehouse or contact Helen, and as soon as those hunters are taken care of, we're back on track for going to Calgary. If Coneflower wants to have a chat with Helen and then go back to living wild, it'll be good she stashed some leftovers." You lick his face reassuringly. "I know you're used to food insecurity, babe, but we really don't have to fight with randos for their dinners, as soon as I have hands to pick locks with I'll get you into the nearest house and gank their sandwich fixings."

You'd feel bad about stealing from farmers if it was a car or a phone, maybe even a winter coat, but you doubt anyone will go hungry just because a jar of peanut butter disappeared.

• Like x 2
  15. Erskin Aspera

You grumble a little, for form's sake, but it's hard to get too upset about scavengers stealing your future meals when you're too full from this one to go chase them away. You paw at Bel until he's properly situated, then start washing gore off his ears.

• Like x 2
  16. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

You sigh happily. That makes everything perfect. It's so nice to be relaxing with a full stomach, watching someone else scurry around being busy. "You're such a hard worker, Coneflower!" you encourage her. "You're gonna be set up all winter!" To Erskin, you add, "I'm not moving until I damn well feel like it."

• Like x 3
  17. roach

roach hump rumpus professional

"I'm not moving 'til spring," you mumble.

• Like x 1
  18. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

"I'll build you an igloo," you promise. "We'll hibernate in it. We'll hang a 'do not disturb' card over the entrance and no one will bother us."

• Like x 2
  19. Erskin Aspera

"That's perfect. You're perfect. Good job." You finish his ears and move forward on to his forehead and jaw. He distracts you by trying to wash your face while you're washing his, and you have to paw his head firmly into the snow. "Quit it, I ate enough to be your size now. I'll crush you in a fight."

• Like x 2
  20. Bel Kadros

Bel Kadros Nerd Wolf

"I don't want to fight you, I just want to noozle your ears," you explain, but meekly submit to his attentions. "I like it when you're bossy."

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice