Whimsy writes a game: NOW PLAYABLE

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by winterykite, Jan 12, 2016.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

that's actually technically true ::D
    but yeah, should probably put something else there.

2. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I thought we were just time-travelling, sort of.
    (Since 'the plants look young' and then if we pass over at the fairy ring we can get through no problem)

3. Erica

Can I just say that I like the dialogue options? And the way the stranger(/changeling? I am so bad with names) talks, even as it confuses the hell out of me at times.
    (Ah, when you've said you don't want to collect the things, and talk to them and they go 'I thought humans liked games', is it intentional for both player character & rabbit to say the exact same thing? 'The time for toys is over', one after the other? I figure it might be, so just checking to make sure c: )

• Like x 1
  4. winterykite

The forest covers the whole country at night. Last night, I found an alp stuck in the branches in my bedroom.

To answer that, yes and no. The land remembers. The Night Forest is some state of past of the real world, but connected more or less linearly with the real world.
    (Or is it)

Happy you like the dialogue ::3 The nonverbal options were from when I wrote Chapter 2, and the protag just threw nonverbal options at me. So I adapted it for the rest of the game.
    And yeah, that's deliberate, I think? Will double-check, though.

ETA: double-checked, was in fact not deliberate. Fixed, will go live with the next update.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  5. Erica

upload_2016-3-27_23-33-12.png
    Typo! (were we supposed to screenshot typos too I'm 90% certain there were instructions for how you wanted us to present our findings but ironically enough I can't find the instructions)

6. winterykite

There should be a readme file along with the game files ::D
    But thanks for catching it ::D

7. Erica

This is still happening!
    Also, I, ah, can't seem to save? Am I supposed to be able to save? I can open up the screen & select a file but nothing actually happens when I try to press 'save'

8. Erica

Ooooh that was the place. Somehow I'd gotten the idea it was in this thread somewhere. Thanks! c:

9. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

You can still use this fairy ring
    [​IMG]
    to bypass the first meeting with the Changeling, which seems to lead to auto-rejecting the leaf skeleton fetchquest and gets you the thing where stepping in the ethereal grass instantly teleports you here and locks all the controls, which seems otherwise fixed.

upload_2016-3-27_14-41-31.png

Not for me with the latest version, whatever that means.

10. winterykite

Save is disabled, I should add a line about using the lantern to save!
    I missed putting in that dialogue because I got the idea for that like, yesterday.

the ethereal grass is a random event, actually, at least it should be.

11. Wiwaxia

upload_2016-3-27_14-48-31.png

wait i lied, this isn't otherwise fixed, i just managed to not stumble across the tile that tripped it, before

12. Wiwaxia

Oh, okay. I assume the inability to do anything once it trips is still unintended, though.

13. winterykite

the fairy ring is because of the order of event pages. fixed that in my version here.
    i'm baffled why the labyrinth is still buggy in that regard, it shouldn't be? hm. will look at it again.

(i'll go to sleep in about 10 minutes, you'll get a new update tomorrow)

14. Erica

Probably it means that I've messed up the download somehow. Gonna delete the files I've got and download it again.

15. Wiwaxia

Saving does not appear to work with the lantern, either.

16. Erica

.....ooor I should also seize this opportunity to sleep. Goodnight everyone! c:

17. winterykite

@Erica n8 ::3

@Wiwaxia that's... strange. it should open the save screen, but the save engine script i got running might be messing with that.
    hm. hmm. i got an idea. should be fixed in tomorrow's update.

18. Wiwaxia

upload_2016-3-27_14-54-14.png

Going into the snow world now renders you invisible, although you can still move around

upload_2016-3-27_14-55-8.png

and then this happened again when I went into the snow world again and tried to return

19. Wiwaxia

It does open the save screen, you just can't make it actually save

20. winterykite

... that damn invisibility bug, i was so sure i had fixed that. argh.

the one on return puzzles me... might be a thing with region events.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice