Whimsy writes a game: NOW PLAYABLE

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by winterykite, Jan 12, 2016.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

... i have no idea why that's happening, my files say it's on player level.

bugs that have no logical source, the most beautiful of all :://

hm, did you talk to everyone yet? there's a flag that you need to talk to everyone, i should prooobably have changeling say something in that regard.

currently doing a quick playtest myself.

2. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

The only one I can think of who I might not have talked to is the Dryad, but I dunno how to get her to show.

3. winterykite

ok, i cant reproduce the crash on return to the snow world bug, so it seems like whatever i did earlier (... got a hunch) fixed it.

the reason changeling is only giving you tidbits is because you haven't talked to gobano and aurora again, which you kind of can't because the event on your current event tile is has a higher priority than an event you talk you. i will fix that in a second.

i see that that the leaf doesnt disappear and i have no idea why it's doing that, but i will check the event page, maybe i accidentally put a graphic there, lol.
    i see that you can walk over the changeling and i have no idea why it's doing that, because it shouldn't.

and you only see the dryad in the perfect ending ::3

(and i caught some more convo bugs i will also fix) (reed, for example, introduced themself to you, that might be another flag that doesn't get set)

4. Wiwaxia

While you're fixing convo bugs, it seems that the Loreley's first-time-meeting dialogue keeps triggering after whatever tidbit she says when you talk to her again.

5. winterykite

Version 1.0.29 is now live!

-The player will no longer appear on a tile that does not exist when returning from Snowy Abyss Map, or in a tree.
    -You can now talk to Gobano and Aurora when they're in the Night Forest
    -Reed now introduces themself.
    -Loreley does not repeat her "water makes you think you're any different" line any more
    -The leaf in Loreley's Shore map will now properly disappear
    -There's now a secret leaf in the labyrinth you can collect!
    -You can now properly interact with the red chest.
    -Fixed transfer and fades in Snowy Abyss map
    -You can't bypass the Changeling's introduction by passing over at Loreley's Shore
    -Chapter changes are now smoother
    -Text box display when you look at poems is fixed now
    -The Shrublings don't ask if you "understerstand" them any more
    -Added some dialogue to Gobano and the Changeling (but not everything yet this will go live with the next version)
    -Fairy Ring positions on Axe Scar Map fixed.

• Like x 1
  6. Wiwaxia

upload_2016-3-28_13-44-36.png

this bug is still there

upload_2016-3-28_13-45-45.png
    Also, re-entering and then leaving the snow world no longer crashes the game, but it does make Gobano and Auroura disappear from the area if you leave the screen at all. Not sure if that's intended

The images on the chapter change screens appear to be missing.

upload_2016-3-28_13-39-25.png

Grammar error (also "you attacks" but that one scrolled by too fast for me to grab a shot)

upload_2016-3-28_13-41-14.png

got this crash upon trying to leave the screen to the west after showing the changeling all six leaves

7. Wiwaxia

Rootglass battles seem to immediately lead to another duplicate rootglass battle.

I haven't been hit in battle yet, but I dunno if that's proper behavior and rootglass and beadflies are just super inaccurate, or if there's something wonky in the battle system

• Like x 1
  8. winterykite

battle system is absolutely not balanced. duplicate rootglass battle shouldnt happen, i will look at the code.

i will also look at the syntax error there, @IvyLB also told me about that one (along with the invisibility bug and that for some reason changeling is still intangible -- wait, i think i know the reason for that. /dumb PAGE ORDER.
    will fix before going to sleep tonight but not anytime fast, doing sth else atm

• Like x 1
  9. winterykite

if we keep up this speed we'll have this ready for proper release in two weeks.

• Like x 1
  10. winterykite

Version 1.0.36 is now live!

-Gobano and Aurora should stay visible now
    -You should now be able to interact with the Changeling while they're standing next to them
    -Loreley's dialogue should now be fixed
    -corrected some of the messy grammar in the fighting scenes. those are caused because Protagonist does not have a proper name and is called "You", but the game handles it as 3rd person singular by design.
    -the monsters can now hit you.
    -killing rootglass now does not trigger another rootglass battle.
    -entering axescar area after completing the changeling's quest should not lead to a crash now (fucking syntax bullshit)

• Like x 1
  11. Wiwaxia

upload_2016-3-28_19-44-10.png

chapter title card is still missing

upload_2016-3-28_19-48-25.png

Changeling is invisible in this conversation and not there afterwards.

upload_2016-3-28_19-51-47.png

Gobano is invisible if you leave the screen and return, although you can still interact with her.

upload_2016-3-28_20-2-32.png

got a different crash upon entering the axescar area after the changeling's quest

12. winterykite

gobano's sprite should behave like aurora because it's done the same way, the changeling remains a slippery bastard.

will check the title cards, i think its got something to do with the fade in and fade out.

the argument error puzzles me, but i have an idea. if its the idea im thinking of, i'm going to throw my keyboard in the air and ask why every damn programming language ive learned so far uses the same operators but rgss3 doesnt.
    the other idea would be that i messed up the brackets. difficult to see with the window to enter scripts in conditional branches being so damn small :://

13. winterykite

Version 1.0.40 is now live!
    Entering Axe Scar area after completing the Changeling's quest will now not cause the game to crash anymore, and the distance sensor works properly. Same with the event in chapter 5 that works the same way
    Epilogue 00010 now has the correct animations for the protagonist
    Monsters now give experience points
    Chapter cover display should now be fixed

For the first one, I checked ::3

14. Wiwaxia

upload_2016-3-29_18-45-24.png

This pair of invisibility bugs is still around.

upload_2016-3-29_18-59-25.png

Going left from the changeling's screen after the leafquest no longer crashes the game, but you immediately get stuck in this infinite dialogue loop.

15. winterykite

I have no idea what's causing the invisibility bug because I'm calling the same stuff on Gobano as I'm calling on Aurora. -confuse-

The infinite dialogue loop sounds like I messed up on the event triggers. Will fix "_"

16. winterykite

Version 1.0.42 is now live!

I found out why Gobano turned invisible and fixed it.
    I also found why the Shrublings were talking your ear off and wouldn't stop, and fixed that as well.

17. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Is there a way for you to put a backspace option in the name selection screen?

18. Wiwaxia

there actually is a backspace option: x, although i found this out by accident

19. blue

is0051.gif
    I accidentally went to the second screen without looking at the first fairy ring, but I still got this message when I investigated the fairy ring, which is slightly confusing. Although I guess it does work because I did SEE another one.

20. blue

I also totally missed the ramp because of the shading graphics, until I remembered the earlier post about it and looked for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice