who else is 900% done with tumblr?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jacktrash, Jul 19, 2016.

1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

oh, hey, @jacktrash could we get This linked in the op post? If its not too much trouble, its just to help people find each other on the new blogging platform(s).

2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

you got it!

3. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I strongly dislike soup's lack of tagging functionality on reblogs. You can either reblog the post or tag it and have a link to it show up with... nothing... but... the tags... and I Hate.

• Like x 2
  4. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

One of soup's features I'm liking is you can look at your own dash, or a group's dash, or all your friends postings, or the postings of friends of friends, or the posting of people following you, or "everybody" with simple clicks from the top menu.

• Like x 1
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

yea, they seem to listen to their userbase though, so if we request that feature, they might add it. More likely to than tumblr at any rate.

• Like x 2
  6. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

If they add that I might be enticed to join. But as it stands, the complete LACK of ability to tag reblogs OR have conversations means I'll be sticking with imzy for the foreseeable future.

At least tumblr can't force me to update my mobile app...

7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

+ motherfucking 1. If Soup just adds tags to reblogs, then I'll be content switching over to it. Or the option to simultaneously do a reaction and reblog. But right now it's frustrating to me.

eta Times like this I regret not being a coder, because Soup could use the Xkit types of tools.... :'(

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    • Like x 3
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

At this point i'm really tempted to learn coding and make my own tumblr alternative. if all of us learned it, we could make an awesome one.

• Like x 1
  9. jacktrash

well, i guess kintsugi is my 'tumblr alternative' in terms of putting my time into maintaining something. :P

i do think soup sounds promising, but threaded forums like this will always be better for group conversations.

• Like x 8
  10. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Yeah, Soup definitely seems better for the reblog type culture we'd need to replace Tumblr. I also wish that there were better tools to customize one's own soup, too :/

11. Lissa Lysik'an

It's customizable (look at the disaster I made, for example) but not as much as tumblr, and the tool is clunky.

• Like x 2
  12. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Yeah, I edited mine, but frankly the tool and product make me twitch.

• Like x 1
  13. Soup works exactly as I like for reblogging and such, but is no good for conversations. Still, it's the most viable option I've found, and I'm enjoying it so far.

EDIT: Just logged on to Tumblr and got a foghorn playing LOUDLY through my speakers which I left plugged in after watching very quiet Youtube videos last night. Go fellate a cactus, Tumblr. Seriously, what the fuck are you on that makes that seem like a good idea?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    • Like x 3
  14. jacktrash

i sincerely think tumblr is trying to chase people away for some reason.

• Like x 5
  15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

staff hates most of tumblr, and doesn't like working for yahoo maybe?

• Like x 3
  16. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Got my first Ad. Time to make some soup, I guess, because FUCK that noise. I couldn't even find the ad to turn it off.

edit: made soup, accidentally made it "commercial" how do I make it not that oops

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    • Like x 1
  17. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Same hat. I sent them an email; hopefully they can do something?

Mine is aceyyy, btw.

18. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

they said that one can email them to become tagged as a commercial blog, so presumably they can fix it the other way, too?

from http://www.soup.io/contentpolicy

19. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

So, uh. Has anyone else experienced audio ads on individual blogs, rather than the dashboard? I have no idea why someone's blog started playing christmas music at me, but I flailed and shut the tab rather than double-checking if there were any videos on their page that might have been the cause instead, though I'm pretty sure there weren't

it only lasted about three seconds, but it was awful, I thought I was safe

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    • Like x 1
  20. Lissa Lysik'an

Tumblr has added adverts to everyone's pages unless the person goes into settings and turns them off

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice