who else is 900% done with tumblr?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jacktrash, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

AND they even pop up if you view the page as a sidebar

2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I did not know this.

*spends twenty minutes opting out of ads for all blogs individually*

Interestingly enough, they did NOT auto-opt-in my main blog for ads. Going to the faq linked from the advertising section of options, it looks like they do that with blogs they deem a "risk," with the specific example being blogs that post about self-harm frequently. (I haven't posted about self harm in a couple of years, but I'm okay with being considered Too Risky For Capitalism by The Man.)

• Like x 4
  3. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

WHAT DID THEY REALLY.....that is so frustrating, wtf
    i cant even be bothered to fix it tbh, i havent been on tumblr in a while, ive migrated over to pinterest for my aesthetic and fashion needs and im p satisfied by that, if i start missing the platform i might make a soup but for now im set lol

4. Jaaaade

Jaaaade magnoliajades, here!

I think the day I truly move away from tumblr will be the day the memes stop. As of right now I get most of my memes from there, along with twitter, but whenever it all moves elsewhere... I will too. At this point I've given up on gaining any larger following on tumblr because I just don't see the point anymore.

• Like x 1
  5. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

This is a good point, tumblr is no. one for meme supply, cut it off and I would go into meme withdrawal

I have to get my fresh memes from somewhere, yo

• Like x 3
  6. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I thought the audio ads were gone. Actually they just only show up for me once every few weeks or so. Luckily it's just an annoyance for me, but jesus tumblr. that shit's not right.

• Like x 1
  7. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

That's why I still have my anti-script tool and adblock plus and Xkit.
    AND soup.io, imzy, and wordpress :)

8. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

^And mobile apps that aren't updated to display the ads :3

9. OtherCat

OtherCat a being of mysterious happenstance

I've crossposted most of my recent tumblr writing/meta posts to my dreamwidth/livejournal. I have not thought of having a WordPress blog as a fan fic blog, as it seemed more for pro and semi pro essays/current events/activism/personal/news writing.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  10. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

so, has anyone looked at Pillowfort? (<== link takes you to a demo view) It looks similar to tumblr in terms of layout, haven't poked around at it too much yet, will report back with more information later.

Also, wasn't there another thread that this, other than the build your own thread for tumblr alternatives? I couldn't find it.

11. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

huh, i thought pillowfort died. maybe i'm thinking of something else though.

and there's another thread about tumblr alternatives in fine imported drama (no link because mobile, sorry)

• Informative x 1
  12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

weird, it didn't show up in the search, even though i searched for the thread title itself. oh well. there was another kickstarted tumblr alternative, I think it was ink something? It failed due to being very anti-ish.

quoting the post over there.

13. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice