why are these animals weird?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by thegrimsqueaker, Jul 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. albedo

albedo metasperg

Here is my uncle's dog stealing radishes.

2016-05-22 11.41.36.jpg

• Like x 12
  2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

My mother's female spaniel shows a lot of masculine behaviours; she mimes cocking her leg a lot, occasionally actually pees that way, and would hump our late other dog's head. I think it's a dominance thing, but I have wondered if dogs can be trans.

• Like x 2
  3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

My cat Pocket has a powerful hunger for nori, and today I was eating some wasabi seaweed and he was being needy.

Pocket: meowwww
    Me: nooo
    Pocket: meowoowmoww (climbs on the table)
    Me: ok, FINE, be careful what you wish for, have this spicy food
    Pocket: (eats it in apparent satisfaction) (climbs on my shoulders and grabs me with his claws)
    Me: ... ok

• Like x 12
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

apparently this is a Thing? I read a manga that featured a boy from a nori-making family who attracted cats (because of the nori).

• Like x 3
  5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I just found Zeuskitty trying to eat the plastic drawstring on a trash bag.

• Like x 2
  6. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Tiberius aka Tibs aka TinyBeast! aka You Little Shit has succeeded in conquering the entire house, despite clocking in at a skinny streak of 5lb menace and literally 1/3 the size of the next smallest cat. His feral upbringing results in him being the ultimate food scavenger. If we're eating, he wants some.

However, he is very much aware of who rescued him and sits outside the shower, occasionally screaming to make sure I haven't drowned, and demands to be spooned/snuggled to sleep.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    • Like x 10
  7. LadyNighteyes

okami.jpg
    Go for the Oddly-Shaped Radish, @albedo's uncle's dog! You can be the King of Hole Digging! I believe in you!

• Like x 6
  8. albedo

albedo metasperg

That is an amazing picture.

I mean... she is named Xena. I think it's her job to be the king!

(The other dog is Uttley, and the dog when I was a kid was Shelby. His kid is named Ullr.)

• Like x 3
  9. LadyNighteyes

Okami is a very serious game with very serious minigames and very serious art relating to them. :::)))

• Like x 6
  10. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

It's not THAT unusual, but one of the cats here has been frisky all day, and he's been chasing his tail. It's so cute... And encouraging, because we found out last fall that he's got arthritis exacerbated by excess weight! He got put on a strict diet and feeding schedule (he's got food anxiety and will eat til he pukes if you let him). He's a LOT slimmer now, and seems to have playful energy more frequently. He is a Good Kitty.

• Like x 6
  11. albedo

albedo metasperg

@Avery Aww! Glad he's feeling better! :D

My cat sometimes chases his tail too. More specifically, he does somersaults and rolls around on the floor, trying to catch his own tail. He is a big dork.

• Like x 4
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Rats insist on grooming me, which is perfectly normal for rats, but also insist on trying to stick their heads in my nose and ears.

• Like x 9
  13. albedo

albedo metasperg

Argh. So does my parents' dog - he LOVES sticking his tongue in ears.

• Like x 3
  14. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

re: nori fiend cats - both of my cats like to shred paper and sometimes attempt to eat it, so if I catch them doing it I'll take the paper away and give them some nori and they seem pretty happy with that.

In other news, things Shorty has done to wake me up at butts o' clock in the morning for cuddles:
    • stuck her mouth up to my nose and huffed cat food breath directly up my nostrils
    • gently nibbled on my face (she doesn't so much bite as just sort of open her mouth and put her teeth on you but still, AUGH)
    • flea-bit the back of my head
    • stuck her cold wet nose in my ear and did that snorty-chirpy-purry thing
    • the old butt-in-face on a daily fucking basis
    • Sat on my forehead this morning, with her tail slapping me in the face
    • Made death-grip biscuits on any and every part of my body. One time I had a dream where I kept getting this stabbing pain in my side, like "something is definitely emergency-room wrong" pain. Then I woke up. And then it happened again and I thought "oh fuck" and reached down to where the pain had hit--and found two fluffy paws with claws that desperately needed trimmed pressed hard into my ribs.

• Like x 9
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

My dog has a sweet tooth and has been known to dance around on two feet picking plums off one of our plum tree saplings. She also likes eating apples, especially if you throw them for her.

• Like x 4
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

17. Inksalt

Inksalt the prettiest yautja

i have a murderfish who is giving me ethical conundrums

because Satya is the most depressed and lethargic betta until there's something in her tank to hunt. She's killed a neon tetra, and now continually harasses the sterbai i put in her tank, to test if it was just cos the tetra was invading the surface area of the tank. i don't know what to dooooo, she even seems to chase the sterbai away from the wafers, which she is now getting bloated from eating on top of her regular flakes.
    it feels kinda awful to be prepared to buy new fish as she hunts/murders old ones- maybe i should just buy feeder guppies or smth?? T~T WHY MUST I HAVE SUCH A FLASHY LITTLE MURDERESS be more like the goldfish, the extent of their antics is shoving their thermometer around the tank and doing worrying backflips in their efforts to eat all the food before the white clouds

• Like x 5
  18. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

ngl, any pet that's described as a "flashy little murderess" is an automatic favorite of mine

• Like x 4
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Pet rats have ceased being fended off things they shouldn't eat by bitter apple, even when sprayed so much that I can taste it at arm's length. Peppermint is supposed to work, but the rats I had when I was seven loved mint ice cream. Almost everything they shouldn't eat is removable from the room, except for one wall-attached wire which mercifully isn't active. I'm gonna have to break out the duct tape.

• Like x 3
  20. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice