why are these animals weird?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by thegrimsqueaker, Jul 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Inksalt

Inksalt the prettiest yautja

i gotta say i do love her. gonna bolster the sterbai's numbers and see if they manage better when they've got shoal size to their advantage when it comes to dealing with her

my friend has rats which are hungry demanding babies over everything my friend tries to eat- but thankfully they don't try to eat nonfood things. they still try (gently) biting my fingers to see if my fingernails are food tho

• Like x 3
  2. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

> Sitting in computer chair, cyclops cat is sitting on floor next to chair
    > I need to get up to do a thing
    > I come back from doing thing
    > Cyclops cat sits on floor and watches me intently until I get about two steps from chair
    > Cyclops cat jumps into chair, lays down, and stares at me
    > u lil shit
    > Remove cyclops cat from chair
    > Sit
    > Repeat next time I need to get up to do a thing

• Like x 9
  3. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

38D cyclops cat is perf and you should hug them for me

• Like x 2
  4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

My roommate's brown rescue tabby ALWAYS stretches his legs out and flexes his claws when he's getting petted. You have to try to arrange him so his feet aren't against any body part while you pet him or else you'll end up with claws sunk into your skin.

• Like x 3
  5. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Lupin just stretched too hard and broke one of the legs on my overbed laptop table. We're all very confused and upset.

• Like x 2
  6. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I have two cat stories for you. The first is my cat Boo. I got her when she was an adult, about a year old, after a four month stay in an animal shelter. It was very clear that before that she had been badly abused. She was scared of everyone but me (and was skittish with me) and was absolutely terrified of loud noises, large men, boots, and brooms. Because of all that she didnt really know how to do cat things. Here's her first attempt at sitting in a box.
    image.jpg

(Part 1/2)

Edit: ironically it's a shoe box that about half an hour prior held big fuckoff hiking boots, the exact type that she's still nervous around two years later.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    • Like x 4
  7. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Second story is of my mom's cat Diana. She likes to sleep with he face mashed into things. Pillows, tablets, chairs, she doesn't care, as long as it's flat and large enough to squish her face against. We had her checked for neurological disorders because tumblr warned mt that head pressing is a big warning sign of those. Nope, nothing wrong with her. She just loves sleeping with her face smushed against things.

(Part 2/2)

• Like x 4
  8. Inksalt

Inksalt the prettiest yautja

HAVING SNAILS IN YOUR FISHTANKS IS WEIRD AS HELL HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A SNAIL'S MOUTH IT'S FREAKY
    I LOVE MY SNAIL BABIES

(the other fish r all doing fine but they're not being weird they're just being fish)

• Like x 4
  9. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

My sister had a snail named Speedy, which was in fact way faster than I thought a snail could be.

• Like x 5
  10. thegrimsqueaker

our friends had a puppy we named Sneak bc he couldn't

• Like x 5
  11. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Obviously long before my celiac diagnosis, I once had a cat that loved bread so much that we had to keep it in the fridge or in a locked cabinet because she would tear the plastic open with her teeth to take bites out of it.

• Like x 2
  12. cleverThylacine

I have a very quiet Siamese named Speak.

He was named this by the lady who rescued him. He is a quiet Siamese. I shit you not.

• Like x 2
  13. cleverThylacine

You have a kangaroo? That bangs chickens????

14. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

Well, I think tA wins the weird animals contest.

• Like x 1
  15. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I have a feeling the 'ster' part of the roo got left out :P

16. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

We had the annual Blessing of the Animals at church today, and although I don't take my cats because carrier + car ride + strange people + dogs = pissed off cats and possibly hairballs in my shoes tomorrow morning, I did get to pet other peoples' pets and take New Animal Smells home to mine.

The cats love it when I go to Petco and pet the adoptable cats and come home with New Cat Smells for them to huff. But this time I also brought them New Dog Smells, New Chinchilla Smells, and New Snake Smells and I think it's blowing their minds.

• Like x 6
  17. cleverThylacine

Ah that makes much more sense :)

18. LadyNighteyes

Missy keeps humping my parents' new puppy. *Tumblr voice* PEDOPHILIA!!!

• Like x 3
  19. thegrimsqueaker

yeah, that's to be expected, since she's teaching the puppy their place in the pecking order.

fun fact: dad's hounds aren't spayed, one bc the vet doesn't want to do any more surgery on her unless absolutely necessary (we had a cancer scare about a year ago, which was extra scary bc breast cancer in small dogs like the two headed idiot is generally really aggressive) and the other bc we're afraid to take her anywhere unless we have to bc she'll get so excited she might literally derp herself into a seisure (only happened once, and luckily it was at a kennel w a vet on call, so they kept her in a pen up front w the groomer and receptionist for the rest of the day. both fell in love w her immediately bc she's the sweetest dog in the world, despite also being the dumbest). anyways, every time they go in season, these two dogs, who are half-sisters, spend a week humping each other.

tumblr voice: INCEST. POSSIBLY LESBOPHOBIC INCEST

(better yet, tumblr'd call poor, sweet, stupid Josie problematic bc she came from an "oops" litter bc her mom, Phoebe (who was born at my house), is also an idiot, and would stand still long enough for anyone, including her own son from Alex's litter. which means Alex is both Josie's sister and aunt. our dogs' pedigree sounds like something George RR Martin might have written and that's probably not a good thing)

• Like x 2
  20. LadyNighteyes

Missy is spayed. I think she's just very, very excited to finally have someone smaller than her. :::PPP (She humps the big dog, too. He generally does not appear to notice or care.)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice