Wiwaxia runs a SBURB D&D(ish) game! (now playing!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Wiwaxia, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

@Moss Nine my time, six yours.
    @KarrinBlue Working on it! Hopefully I'll have them ready to go for you tomorrow.

• Like x 1
  2. kmoss

kmoss whoops

....hell

ok guys, here's the deal
    we're still an hour out from town

and it looks like Saturdays are going to be pretty busy for me here on out

I feel super bad that I didn't figure out how crazy busy we were going to be here before so I could have warned you, but as it stands, I am probably going to be mostly unable to do dnd on saturdays

I can do stuff on Sundays, because this is the government, but I know schedules aren't the same across the board and I don't want to ask you guys to change a day if I'll screw up yalls schedule

3. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

I mean, I'm still pretty flexible! I'm sure we can work it out.

4. Wiwaxia

Powers! You each get a choice of two.

@KarrinBlue
    - Option one: Unsong of the Moth. You can hold your breath in almost exactly what a song isn't, and people will pay you no mind. This isn't true invisibility, more of a "take no notice, nothing to see here" effect, and people will notice you if you do something to draw their attention to you (walk up to their face, poke them, make a loud noise and then stand there rather than slipping away). Costs 1 song/minute (general note: song recovers at one point/2 rounds when you aren't singing. or unsinging) and you can't talk and do it at the same time, obviously.

- Option two: Whisper snare. You can make a little trap of of tangled wires to catch passing secrets. If something secret happens within about twenty feet of the trap, the trap will catch it. This does apply to secret happenings that are not spoken or that otherwise leave no trace, but does not apply to things that are secret but passive, rather than some event happening, and also does not apply to things that are not secret but that you are not aware of. You can hook the wires up to the whisper lines and they will carry captured secrets to your ears across LOWAW, but that does mean sharing the wires and hooking your traps up to whatever else may or may not be in the lines. Otherwise, you'll just have to go check the snares yourself.

@Arxon
    - Option one: You can steal the potential light of a candle, lit or unlit, which then crumbles away into ashes. You can then release this hope of candlelight as a floating flame that you can control or gift to someone else (lasts 1d6 minutes), or as Hope to another (never yourself), allowing them to either roll twice and take the better on some roll, or attempt something difficult-to-impossible by rolling twice and taking the worst. You can only have one stolen candle flame at once.

- Option two: You can steal the hope of your enemies as a minor action (I have a hidden morale system, enemies have to make a will save or lose 5 from their morale result, which may or may not make them flee. Some enemies, including fears and anything with an onryou prototyping will never flee, at least not without additional magic in play, but you'll still get the morale). You can stockpile this stolen confidence and use it to heal allies (2 hp for 5 stockpiled points) or give them +1 to def or protection for a round (10 stockpiled points) or give them confidence (1:1 exchange).

• Like x 1
  5. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I think I am gonna go with option one.

6. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i dont have classes on any day except thursday this semester, so depending on everyone elses schedule i could shuffle some stuff around.

7. Wiwaxia

I can shuffle to friday evening or Sunday midday-ish pretty easily

8. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I'm still only free on weekends, but I can definitely do Sunday.

9. Wiwaxia

@Moss just showing up later is always an option, too, if you're not too wiped after work.

10. Wiwaxia

@An Actual Bird @KarrinBlue @Moss
    Will Sundays from 1 to 6ish work for y'all as a regular thing?

If so, that's when we'll be having game this weekend.

edit: 1 to 6pm EST, that is

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Well, I have another game this Sunday at 2, so that won't work for me, sorry.

12. Wiwaxia

Drat. Is that just tomorrow, or is that a weekly thing that would interfere with a general move to that time?

13. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I think we're planning on having happen regularly, yeah. The issue is that one of the other players is in a pretty far timezone, so it's hard to find times that line up.

14. kmoss

kmoss whoops

that would possibly work, we usually don't have service projects those days

my other issue is finding wifi- the wifi here is very spotty, and the local coffee shop closes on weekends

but my days off are not always scheduled

I can try to just come in later on saturdays, but tomorrow doesnt fit that pattern because halloween, so I have service project until fiveish, and I'm on duty for the halloween dance at 8

but I could at least work in 2 hours if I manage to get into the lounge

sorry, the schedule here is horrible and unpredictable and I kind of hate that

15. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

I'd be fine with it, but as always I'm fine with pretty much anything.

16. winterykite

(edit, something with the time is not adding up, google wtf)

(est = gmt-4, is that right?) (if thats the case, thatd be 6pm to 11pm for me) (i'm busy during that time, sorry ::/ before 10am est and after 6pm est would be possible for mem but in between i've got someone over every week)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  17. winterykite

(speaking of being busy, saturday 1 pm gmt+1 to 4 pm gmt+1 ive got training, with an hour each there and back. that should be 7 am to 12 pm est if i did the math right)

18. Wiwaxia

So it seems like the best options for everyone are keeping the current time with @Moss coming in later, or moving to Sunday evening so @KarrinBlue and @whimsicalobservant don't have conflicts. This is not optimal for me, because I do have class 9am Monday, but it should be workable if we don't go past like 11 my time.
    @Arxon and @An Actual Bird, both of those work for you, yes?

(@whimsicalobservant for reference, est is currently gmt-4, but in the summer we're gmt-5 (which is technically like edt or something?) because god fucking daylight savings time makes everything terrible)

19. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Both work for me- I have class on Monday but it's not until mid-afternoon.

20. winterykite

dst is ridiculous and fucks you up because just when youve accustomed to the other time, it changes again, but thx for the confirmation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice