Wiwaxia runs a SBURB D&D(ish) game! (now playing!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Wiwaxia, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

@whimsicalobservant, honestly just Ilma sounds great as a name if you want to shorten it. Is that the character you want to go with?

(@KarrinBlue, don't feel like you have to shorten Myurtha if whimsicalobservant shortens their character's name -- Witches are pattern-breakers anyway.)

2. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Alrighty, Aunt it is :D
    Also I did a sort of map for Sera's (now I've decided on a spelling, oh my god) house.
    Sera's House.png
    Top right room is Sera's room, the ridgy triangle things on the walls are sound insulating foam boards. The things piled on the bed and along the walls are the army of plushies. The thing in the bottom left corner is the costume and prop closet for all her adventures. Directly across from her room is her Aunt's, which is dramatically spartan with just a bed and two bedside tables that have her Aunt's best bells on them. Bottom room is the living room, thing in the middle is supposed to be a sofa opposite a tv on a stand. The cupboards and tables are for the bells. I didn't do a bottom floor map, but basically it's all one room with the same floorspace as the top floor, filled with shelves that are filled with bells, and all sorts of chimes hang from the ceiling. Chimes hang everywhere from the ceiling, and they are always tinkling.
    The house is on a cliff (tried to convey that, probably failed) overlooking a beach, and there's a near constant breeze that stirs the chimes, because her Aunt leaves the windows open at All Times. The round blobs are trees.
    Glad you like the drawing :D I'm totally going to wind up producing heaps of scribbles for this. If anyone would like my sketchy interpretation of their character, hit me up ^.^

• Like x 1
  3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

It's Myrtha, not Myurtha. It's a reference to the ballet Giselle. Also, I'll get the HP thing done.

• Like x 1
  4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I'mmmm actually going to switch from history to reading in general if I can. But keeping martial arts.

Area around kernelhome is very abandoned garden-feel, but on a really creepy/overdone level. Like, Sleeping beauty's castle after those 100 years.

Yeah! do you want to figure that out re: footkind leveling here or on PM?

5. Wiwaxia

Reading is a bit overbroad, I think.
    And yeah, I'll PM you. One sec.

6. kmoss

kmoss whoops

in that case i will actually stick with history, because it still works :D

7. Wiwaxia

Alright, here's footkind for @boyacrossthestreet and fistkind for @KarrinBlue!

fistkind: deals 1d8 damage +/- int modifier. this never increases and can't be upgraded.
    You get a bunch of extra attacks per round with fistkind:
    3/2* at level 3 ...... 2 at level 5 ...... 5/2 at level 6 ...... 3 at level 7 ...... and then an extra attack per round every level thereafter, for a final 10 attacks per round at level 14.

*that is, 3 attacks one turn and 2 attacks the next, then 3 attacks, then 2, and so on

footkind: you get the normal amount of attacks, and also can't upgrade. However, your damage dice for each footkind attack increase:

1d8 at level 1 (like normal kind abstratuses)...... 1d10 at level 2 ...... 1d12 at level 5 ...... 2d8 at level 8 ...... 2d10 at level 11 ...... 2d12 at level 14

• Like x 1
  8. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I did a layout of Lemi's room.
    Lemisroomlabelled.png
    1: Bed
    2: Weird Closet
    3: A big bulletin board filled with pictures of bigfoot, the jersey devil, slenderman, probably some maps with pins in them, ect
    4: A table that asks as her desk- keeps her computer here
    5: TV (not a flatscreen tho I made it look too small, just an older one on a lil end table) and game system
    6: Shelves, filled with film and cool rocks she's found probably
    7: Bookshelf that has some books but is mostly used for storage
    8: Ditto

(Also I drew a quick pencil sktech of Lemi I think)
    Lemi.png

• Like x 1
  9. Wiwaxia

10. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

@Wiwaxia not sure tbh ::/ which is why i asked the thread.

11. Wiwaxia

d2 says Ilmatar, unless anyone else has an opinion.

12. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

@whimsicalobservant Oh I didn't see that! Sorry. 0n0 I like both, but I know that Ilmatar is the one Lemi would get along with better, if that means anything. (Although both would probably stress her out, though Tyven more than Ilmatar, and mostly because Ilmatar's detached-ness would make it hard for Lemi to figure out if she's doing something wrong)

13. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Ilmatar it is, then ::3 (If the name's too long, I'd switch to 'Nial' (bastardisation of the original form of 'Neil' - 'cloud'), b/c I don't like how 'Ilma' sounds)
    (fun fact: Rogue!Tyven would've been full Leeroy Jenkins. it was fun playing her.)

• Like x 2
  14. Wiwaxia

Ilmatar's not too long, I'm just a sucker for patterns. :V

15. Wiwaxia

Also current thinking on dreamselves:
    Leon's definitely Derse and Moss is definitely Prospit b/c Time and Space.
    I'm thinking Lemi is Derse and Sera is Prospit.
    I'm less sure about Myrtha and Ilmatar. Derse and Prospit respectively, maybe? But a Prospit Witch of Void would be great, too.

Lands are coming along.
    *cracks knuckles, starts mapping*

• Like x 2
  16. KarrinBlue

I... must admit that I kind of want to experiment with grimdark shenanigans (and proper grimdark like in the comics, where Rose seems perfectly in control of her actions and unable to communicate properly. Amittedly this desire is partially spawned by the various fanons about how grimdarkness is completely evil and definitely made Rose a supermurderer, never mind that she only attacked Jack after seeing him murder her mother and was perfectly fine with John...)

• Like x 3
  17. Wiwaxia

Okay, here's what I've gotten of everyone's character sheets!
    @whimsicalobservant and @KarrinBlue, I couldn't find HP for either of you so I just went ahead and rolled it for you.

@Arxon
    Title: Rogue of Hope

HP: 12
    Def/Protection: [10,+0]
    Attack: +0 (+1 damage)
    Movement: 6m per round
    Song: 13

Stats:
    Str: 9
    Dex: 12
    Con: 10
    Int: 15 (+1)
    Gra: 13 (+1)

Saves:
    Fort: 8
    Ref: 14
    Will: 11

Special:
    Eclectic Guardian (6 bonus guardian interests)
    Hope: Once per session, you can do one and only one of these things:
    Act Immediately: get a standard action that you perform right now, interrupting whatever's going on and happening before anyone can do anything else. Lose your next turn.
    Extra action: you get an extra standard action on this turn.
    Inspiration: If you feel stuck at one point in the adventure, you can ask the GM for a (vague) hint about what to do next. If the GM feels that there is no information to be gained, the hope thing is not spent.
    Reuse: you can use any one of your powers regardless of any cooldown or resource limitations that would normally be in effect.
    Special: you can do something implausible or impossible (DM discretion) by making an attack or stat check or something at disadvantage (roll twice, take the lowest)
    Cheat death: you can negate death exactly once by forfeiting this ability forever.​
    Heart: Your Intelligence cannot go below 15, ever.

Other info:
    Strife specibus: Axekind
    Musical instrument: Omnichord
    Interests: Photography, Cryptozoology/General Creepypasta stuff
    Guardian: Big Sis
    Guardian's obsession: Conspiracy Theories
    Home:
    [​IMG]
    1= Living Room
    2= Dining Room
    3= Kitchen
    4= Bathroom
    5= Sis's Room
    6= Pantry/Linen Closet
    7=Storage/Tool Area
    8= Stairs to Basement
    9= Ladder to Loft
    10= Backdoor
    11= Front Door
    [​IMG] 1= Lemi's Room
    2= Bathroom
    3= Observatory/Darkroom/General Workspace?
    4= Lil area where the ladder pops out

Lemi's room:
    [​IMG]
    1: Bed
    2: Weird Closet
    3: A big bulletin board filled with pictures of bigfoot, the jersey devil, slenderman, probably some maps with pins in them, ect
    4: A table that asks as her desk- keeps her computer here
    5: TV (not a flatscreen tho I made it look too small, just an older one on a lil end table) and game system
    6: Shelves, filled with film and cool rocks she's found probably
    7: Bookshelf that has some books but is mostly used for storage
    8: Ditto

---

Text color: #712AB4 Purple
    Shirt symbol: A bat
    Misattributed quote: “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -James "Bobo" Fay
    Associated elements: Wood, Nighttime/Darkness
    [​IMG]

Lemi is a fairly adventurous young lady, prone to wandering off and exploring whatever area she finds herself in. Her Sis is always wrapped up in various projects, so Lemi grew up knowing how to do things on her own, whether it be fixing dinner or entertaining herself. She spent most of her childhood exploring the woods around her house, looking for the creatures her Sis swore lurked there and getting lost in the dark forest. She’s very enthusiastic about her interests, but doesn’t always know the best time to share them, especially if she’s feeling stressed or lonely. Although she is accustomed to being alone she is always excited to be interacting with other people, and tends to go between “Hi hello yes can we be bffs forever!” and “ahhhhh I should probably not speak I just made friends they’ll hate me now.” She has a tendency in general towards not entirely thinking things through and beating herself up afterwards and then spending long periods of time frozen with indecision because “remember that one time I fucked up, guys?” She’s reluctant to ask for help, having been raised with her Sis’s very self-sufficient and very critical lifestyle. In general she feels more comfortable while on her own, but craves companionship while not sure she really deserves it.

Sis always has one project or another. She has a whole bunch of conspiracy theories she believes in wholeheartedly, from “lizard people live inside the sun” to “aliens built the white house.” She’s very gruff and standoffish in personality and doesn’t do caring well. About the only time she does seem very animated is when she is talking about her various interests, but the moment usually passes soon.

Prototyping: Nessie doll

@KathyGaele
    Title:Page of Heart

HP: 15
    Def/Protection: [11,+0]
    Attack: +0 (-1 to damage, min 0)
    Song: 8

Stats:
    Str: 8
    Dex: 13 (+1)
    Con: 8
    Int: 7 (-1)
    Gra: 8

Saves:
    Fort: 7
    Ref: 10
    Will: 13

Special:
    Heart: Your Dexterity cannot go below 13, ever.
    Loyal companion: Kitkat -- white fluffy cat (HP 7, def/prct [10,+0], saves (7F,13R,10W), attack (+1, 1d6))

Other info:
    Strife specibus: Longbowkind
    Musical instrument: Flute
    Interests: Plush Collecting, pretend-play
    Guardian: Aunt
    Guardian's obsession: Bells/Chimes
    Home: Rickety two story (but still relatively small) wooden house festooned with chimes. The slightest stirring of air sets the air tinkling. Only the top floor is used for habitation, the bottom is entirely dedicated to the aunt's bell collection. Sara's room is the only place in the house without a bell or chime stashed somewhere.
    [​IMG]

Top right room is Sera's room, the ridgy triangle things on the walls are sound insulating foam boards. The things piled on the bed and along the walls are the army of plushies. The thing in the bottom left corner is the costume and prop closet for all her adventures. Directly across from her room is her Aunt's, which is dramatically spartan with just a bed and two bedside tables that have her Aunt's best bells on them. Bottom room is the living room, thing in the middle is supposed to be a sofa opposite a tv on a stand. The cupboards and tables are for the bells. I didn't do a bottom floor map, but basically it's all one room with the same floorspace as the top floor, filled with shelves that are filled with bells, and all sorts of chimes hang from the ceiling. Chimes hang everywhere from the ceiling, and they are always tinkling.
    The house is on a cliff (tried to convey that, probably failed) overlooking a beach, and there's a near constant breeze that stirs the chimes, because her Aunt leaves the windows open at All Times. The round blobs are trees.

---

Text color: #2e5822 Green
    Shirt symbol: Happy Leopard Face
    Misattributed quote: "I am a lover of truth, a worshipper of freedom, a celebrant at the altar of language and purity and tolerance." - Bilbo Baggins
    Associated elements: Earth, Sound
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Your name is SERA WHITTLE, and you are [tbd] years old. You live with your AUNT and FAITHFUL AND AFFECTIONATE CAT, Kitkat. You enjoy going on amazing adventures with Kitkat to faraway lands, riding your feline friend into battle and DEFEATING YOUR FOES, represented by your ARMY OF PLUSH COMPANIONS. You don't actually do these things, because you don't actually leave the house all that much, and also they are fake things that can't actually be done. But you like to pretend you do. You like to pretend a lot of things about yourself, and all of these things are TOTALLY TRUE and NOT TO BE QUESTIONED, like how you're incredibly brave and confident at all times, and above such silly emotions as fear and anger.
    You have an irrational fear of chimes and bells, which is unfortunate because your Aunt FUCKING LOVES CHIMES AND BELLS. Your abode is absolutely festooned with the things, your room the sole silent oasis in the whole house. You have tried to explain to your Aunt that you do not enjoy the sounds their collection makes, but they seem to believe they just haven't FOUND THE RIGHT ONE YET. So the collection grows. And that's okay! You used to use the big room downstairs in your house for ARCHERY PRACTICE, but it is now dedicated to bell storage. That's okay! You're sure they need the space more than you do.
    When you do venture outside, it's with a strict honor guard composed of your strongest plushies and captained by your very favourite, CAPTAIN SNOWTUFT: a happy leopard. This is because you do not like loud noises, and Captain Snowtuft is the very best at giving emergency hugs when everything gets noisy.

Prototyping: Stuffed Plush Leopard -- Captain Snowtuft

@KarrinBlue
    Title: Witch of Void

HP: 15
    Attack: +o
    Song: 8

Stats:
    Str: 11
    Dex: 12
    Con: 11
    Int: 11
    Gra: 8

Saves:
    Ref: 13
    Will: 10

Special:
    Strife portfolio
    Void: Free fistkind abstratus
    (deals 1d8 damage +/- int modifier. this never increases and can't be upgraded.
    Free fistkind abstratus (1d8 instead of 1d6-2 for unarmed attacks, can't be upgraded ever but you get a shitload of bonus attacks as you go up in levels) and also just straight-up immune to scrying/supernatural detection/omniscience/whatever.
    Heart: You cannot take a penalty to your fortitude save, ever. (you are still vulnerable to situations where you have to roll 2d20 and take the lower)

Other info:
    Strife specibi: Bladekind, Fistkind, Polearmkind
    Musical instrument: Electric violin
    Interests: Ballet, vulture culture
    Guardian: Dad
    Guardian's obsession: Society for Creative Anachronism
    Home:

---

Text color: #00007A Blue
    Shirt symbol: Rosemary blossom
    Misattributed quote: "There’s husbandry in heaven; Their candles are all out." - Nicki Minaj
    Associated elements: Glass, Cobalt

Prototypings:
    Raccoon skull, battle flag

@boyacrossthestreet
    Title: Knight of Space

HP: 11
    Def/Protection: [10, +0]
    Attack: +0
    Song: 15

Stats:
    Str: 12
    Dex: 9
    Con: 8
    Int: 11
    Gra: 15 (+1)

Saves:
    Ref: 11

Special:
    Combat modus
    Space: Your dreamself is awake at the start of the game. Once per session you can say you saw this situation in a dream on Prospit some time ago and conveniently remembered to bring an item along to deal with it, which is now retconned into your sylladex. (unlike Time, this only works for reasonably generic objects, and may be subject to a Find Things roll) Also, you've got 3 NPC contacts on Prospit.
    Heart: Your Grace cannot go below 15, ever.

Other info:
    Strife specibus: Footkind
    Musical instrument: djembe
    Interests: History & Martial Arts
    Guardian: Mom (deceased)
    Guardian's obsession: gardening
    Home: Kernelhome, overgrown with vines

---

Text color: :#1aae67 Green
    Shirt symbol: stylized spiral vine
    Misattributed quote: "Poke about in the black recesses of the past until it devours our fragile present." - Richard Nixon
    Associated elements: Vine & Desert

Prototyping:
    An Abandoned Vine Clipping.

@(Not) Literally A Bird
    Title: Seer of Time

HP: 13
    Def/Protection: [11,+0]
    Attack: +0
    Song: 15

Stats:
    Str: 11
    Dex: 13 (+1)
    Con: 9
    Int: 12
    Gra: 15 (+1)

Saves:
    Fort: 9
    Ref: 14
    Will: 11

Special:
    Informant
    Time:You can resolve to, at some point in your future, go back in time and put the item you really need right now right behind that rock over there. The item is then, of course, right behind that rock, and you need to go put it there sometime.
    Heart: Your Grace cannot go below 15, ever.

Other info:
    Strife specibus: Flailkind
    Musical instrument: Electric guitar
    Interests: rock music, fashion
    Guardian: Tia
    Guardian's obsession: Horror films
    Home: A two-bedroom flat in a high-rise apartment, right in the middle of the city.

---

Text color: #FD5F00 Neon Orange
    Shirt symbol: A stylised lightning bolt
    Misattributed quote: “She’s a killer queen, gunpowder, gelatine, dynamite with a laser beam” - Oscar Wilde
    Associated elements: Static, Rhythm

Prototyping:
    An onryo (creepy ghost girl; think Samara from ‘The Ring’) doll.

@whimsicalobservant
    Title: Mage of Breath

HP: 14
    Attack: +0 (+1 damage)
    Song: 10

Stats:
    Str: 8
    Dex: 9
    Con: 11
    Int: 13
    Gra: 10

Saves:
    Fort: 7
    Ref: 10

Special:
    Large capacity modus
    Breath: The Breeze is present in your session and likes you. (random chance that The Breeze will help you out whenever you are in a situation that some wind could reasonably help you. it is fickle, though)

Other info:
    Strife specibus: Fankind
    Musical instrument: Ocarina
    Interests: Occultism, High Fantasy
    Guardian: Mom
    Guardian's obsession: Maps
    Home: A cottage at the north sea

---

Text color: Mid-blue
    Shirt symbol: the alchemical symbol for "air"
    Misattributed quote: "It must be 3:23 PM somewhere. Maybe space?" - Emma Orczy
    Associated elements: Bismuth, Oxygen
    Ilmatar is loopy at best, and confused flailing at worst, most of the time. Makes do with what's there to the best of their capabilities, but... yeah, accidents happen. Wrong button. Slipped and caused a chain reaction. Surprising bouts of insight at times. Ilmatar is not stupid, just... detached. Now, a world that functions on game rules? She can work with that. She thinks. Probably alternates between Genre Savvy and Wrong Genre Savvy.
    (fun fact: "Ilmatar" is derived from finnish "Ilma", air. Ilmatar was a demigoddess. This one here is quite literally an airhead.)
    Ilmatar's mama is quite worried about her cloudcuckoolander daughter, and doesn't quite believe that Ilmatar can take care of herself. Ilmatar is, apparently, blissfully unaware.

Prototyping:
    A plush doll of a book character (Guile Hero/Stealth Mentor who serves as a troll/disruptive force for the first third of the story. Mixed blood shapeshifter, doll is in human form (dark skin, flax braid, four red eyes). Survivor.) -- Arashi Matsuri

Anything I'm missing?
    Also, if you want to change stuff around, now is the time.

Y'all should probably save copies of these character sheets somewhere handy/where you can update them as you level up, and I'll go get them set up in roll20.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    • Like x 2
  18. KarrinBlue

I rolled for HP and edited my original sheet. It's 15.

19. Wiwaxia

Whoop, missed that. Edited.

Also, @whimsicalobservant, what's the name of the character depicted by the doll Ilmatar prototypes?

20. KarrinBlue

I also added a quote to the original sheet. It's

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice