Wiwaxia runs a SBURB D&D(ish) game! (now playing!)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Wiwaxia, Jun 7, 2015.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

... Ah darn, wrong word.
    I mean the annoying flying things with 15 AC

2. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Oh yeah those assholes! I mean I think there's pics of them on the wiki, though prolly not names.

3. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Harpies are not canon, no! Neither is gristmoss or the Barghests Lemi chased off with flaming books, and I have a bunch of original Underlings you haven't run into yet to fill in the mid-levels that are kinda skipped over in canon.
    @Xavius i have a bunch of spoilery resources I can get to you via PM once I have my computer issues sorted and I am always up for yakking about gamebuilding.

• Like x 2
  4. KarrinBlue

I expect that as soon as I find a way to scuba dive I'll find some aquatic monsters as well.

• Like x 2
  5. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

@Wiwaxia I would love-love-love-loooooove that. I've been working on and off for the past two or three years trying to make a SBurb setting based off the Glitch FAQ's take on things with the canon sloppily hybridized in and was so surprised when I ran into this thread on here earlier this year - in general I was just super-shocked about how huge the community is for this kind of thing.

I started and stopped a few games because I realized there were things I just plain didn't have answers to when they came up, like the exact workings of the Gates above the houses and where they all went to, but I've been slowly filling in blanks like that and am hoping to get something running by the start of 2017.

• Like x 1
  6. KarrinBlue

IDK how the gate diagram we're using would work for non-six-player games but it'd probably be a good place to start. It should be at the beginning of the thread I think.

7. KarrinBlue

god help me i just realized we have NO idea how big the goblins are proportionate to humans. what if they're tiny. what if we meet them and they're transformers sized frog people.

• Like x 3
  8. kmoss

kmoss whoops

what if we meet them and each one is a half-foot smaller than the previous, so we can line them up like alien russian dolls

i don't know where i was going on this but yeah

• Like x 3
  9. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Hey guys i have a fucking ass terrible cold i will try to make it but if i dont show up you knos why

• Like x 2
  10. Wiwaxia

11. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

Since I was kinda incoherent for the latter half of the game and therefore missed HP discussion: I sorted Leon into Hufflepuff before, but now I'm not so sure. He has the loyalty of a 'puff but the attitude of a Slytherin. If push came to shove, he'd rip apart time and space for his friends. So, assuming the Hat gave him the choice, he'd probably pick Slytherin to be the same as Tia (who was a Ravenclaw/Slytherin hatstall, but picked Slytherin 'because it sounds spookier')

• Like x 1
  12. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I just realized that every time Myrtha has been in an eldritch incident she's gotten a nat 1. So. Like.

• Like x 3
  13. An Actual Bird

What're you American-types doing tonight? Have you ceased the Turkey Festival?

14. kmoss

kmoss whoops

at this moment in time, I'm trying to figure out what this small anxious dog wants, as I think his owner left him at the house to run errands or something

so my turkey festival has ended

• Like x 1
  15. KarrinBlue

Thankfully, turkey festival has ended.

• Like x 2
  16. An Actual Bird

Oh no :c puppy. Well idk if Wax is around, but in any case I may or may not be there tonight, I'm dead on my feet. If my body could remember how to function properly that'd be super swell :|

17. Wiwaxia

I will be there tonight, yes!

18. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Shit Sis Malloy would do: argue with conspiracy assholes on the internet by out-conspiritizing them. Whenever someone tells her she's doing a good job trolling she deadpans back that she has no clue what they're talking about. Nobody can tell if she's serious or not.
    Sis Malloy sincerely believes that Ted Cruz is Ted Bundy

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    • Like x 3
  19. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Sis Malloy woulda needed therapy and not to raise a kid.

• Like x 1
  20. An Actual Bird

SIS: For what it's worth, I'm picturing them now. A boy and two girls.
    SIS: Three perfect little freaks of nature raised by people who've clearly got no business bringin' up anybody.

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice