working on not beating myself up

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by kmoss, Apr 15, 2015.

1. kmoss

kmoss whoops

was going to go in today to get the official are you or aren't you for ADHD
    so of course, I stayed up till 5 reading
    slept through appt.
    woke up, called receptionist, rescheduled.
    (obviously still have to pay for the meeting because [fuck i just wasted everyone's time])
    the lady is going to be cool about this probably because i'm going to tell her that i was sufficiently rattled re: appt/paying for appts that, while trying to relax about this, i nearly pulled an all-nighter

so i've done everything I can to somewhat rectify the situation, but my fuck fuck you fucked up senses are still going strong, which is great.

guhhhhhfuck.

2. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

Ironically, this might be another sign that you have ADHD? Because of "procrastinating" the appointment. Just because you had to reschedule doesn't mean you fucked up, it meant "not today." Rattled is probably a good word for it.

You've done what you could to make it right, which is kind of the opposite of fucking up. Keep trucking.

3. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

You rescheduled instead of hiding and not calling, so you did great!

I've sometimes simply not called back at all after missing something, so calling and fixing it is good.

4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I mean, mostly that's because they'll call back if I miss.
    But I've noticed that when places don't have that policy, I usually won't call back (though I'll try to email).
    This place doesn't do email though (though I hear that's generally the case for most psych service places), which continues to weird me out on a slightly anxiety-inducing level.

Although I did just realize now that I don't think we actually rescheduled; I have a really clear memory of saying "I called to reschedule" but I don't think we actually made an appointment, so I'm hoping they'll call me to do that at some point since I am still too rattled to call them back. Unless we rescheduled and I forgot. But in that case it's probably the same time next week.

what the heckerson, brain

this is helping rather a lot, though. rationalizing my way through stressful situations is pretty calming, so thanks

5. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

If you have to, you can always wait a while to reschedule/confirm your appointment if they don't call (although I know that can be nerve-wracking). Give yourself a little time to recover - you earned it!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice