Writing What You Don't Know: The Assistants

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by jacktrash, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Honestly I think glasses would be a really interesting thing to bring up. How easily fixed are eyes? And then, in more detail: are physical issues (nearsightedness and astigmatism, at least, are caused parts of your eye being shaped wrong) different from nerve issues (glaucoma), and how much are people wigged out by messing with nerves?

• Agree x 1
  2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

This is late but like I have a bunch of obnoxiously visible stickers on my wish list specifically to go on my cane, and my joint tape is on purpose very loudly patterned. Some people like very pretty mobility assistance - I think some of the like, chain mail finger and wrist braces are GORGEOUS - some people want to minimize the visibility, and some people are like me - want to shove it in people's faces because it's not going away any time soon. All these approaches are valid but having a more fun, colorful thing to go with my disability makes it less of a lifeless drag for me. Just some things to think about.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

insulin pump user here to bring up insulin pump-style devices that u wear practically all the time and you can put cool stickers or skins on it (eta: oh geez i didnt realize the last post on this topic was 4 days ago oops)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice