WTF for sale

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Vacuum Energy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

You have to wonder who thought this was a good idea for a product...

(go ahead and post more, I enjoy staring at these things)

(but do provide a link so that we know it's actually for sale and not just a photoshop)

• Like x 2
  2. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

so, like, the thing you pee and poop in is actually connected to the fishtank? and someone was like, "this is a good idea. let's sell it." wtf indeed.

also, it's giving me a fop fanart idea, haha. cosmo, wanda and poof living in that fucking thing...

3. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

Reminds me of the Poor Little Fish sink. (If anyone's nervous about clicking that link, fear not: the fish involved is not actually in peril, although I can't imagine that the setup is very pleasant for it.)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    • Like x 1
  4. kmoss

kmoss whoops

ok so i just spent like five solid minutes staring at that toilet tank thing trying to work out how it's still ok for the fish
    and it totally is[ish, depending on where you get your water, i guess]! because the tank water is clean[ish], and only goes into the toilet when you flush. i don't know how they made that to be less violent/draining for the fish when you flush, though. because the tank should get pretty low. Maybe if you put it with the filtering systems? I am in the weird position of knowing a lot more about toilet tanks than fish tanks.
    (Oh and then I actually click on the link and my brain is filled with hey they cheated. man. they wrapped the fish tank around the toilet tank? I feel so betrayed by the designers. we were this close to solving the filter problem.)

5. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Remember modern toilets often have a really tiny tank but they make them look a lot bigger because people expect it, plus then they pack it full of polystyrene sound insulation so it's not so noisy.

• Like x 1
  6. kmoss

kmoss whoops

This is true. I know more about function than structure re: toilets.
    I just feel so betrayed by these people. :D

7. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

• Like x 1
  8. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@wixbloom that could kill so many boners

well that and/or be a dream come true for the few people in the world that happen to have that kink

• Like x 1
  9. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

Thank you for that blog, @wixbloom! It's so full of WTF and the occasional THAT'S SO COOL I WANT IT

• Like x 1
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

That cyborg alien mask looks neat.

• Like x 2
  11. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

@Morven that's my exact reaction to it, it's either "why would anyone create this horror" or "this is great I want a dozen"

• Like x 2
  12. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

@wixbloom WHY DID I CLICK I'M GOING TO BE HERE FOR SEVEN HOURS NOW
    (new reward for doing studying things tho, thanks, this is gr9)

• Like x 1
  13. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

This seems like simultaneously a product that will look like WTF to neurotypicals and seems actually useful for people with sensory weirdness (it is an oral hygiene product that is not mint-flavored):

[​IMG]

Cupcake Frosting Dental Floss

• Like x 1
  14. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

That's a thing that people other than me are bothered by???

15. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

it is
    i just sort of
    got used to it.

16. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

THIS MAKES ME SO UNCOMFORTABLE

17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Eek, I bet. The figurines I find unsettling but neat, because i like unsettling things, but the platters are nope.

18. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I am weirdly oversensitive to mint. i get migraines

i hate being an adult because they don't even ask you at the dentist if you want mint or cherry or bubble gum
    and i have to go into the kid's section to get toothpaste that doesn't make me hate the entire world (sparkle fun!)

that floss looks excellent

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice