WTF House Remodels

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Lizardlicks, Feb 1, 2017.

1. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

That looks like the kind of place where unspeakable human rights violations have occurred. Does it have a floor drain?

• Like x 16
  2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

yep, right behind that half wall thing that is where the sorry excuse for a laundry room is.

I don't doubt serious human rights violations have occurred in apartments like mine. This building is largely occupied by students; the one under mine houses four people, and is still a 52m², two bedroom one bathroom unit.

• Like x 3
  3. Azurite

Azurite Just Floating

Oh I agree, the cerused wood kitchen + tile living room is a strange combo. (Not to mention cerused wood floor + glossy white cabinets + stained wood counters. That whole set up is very "throw everything trendy at the house and watch none of it stick") I guess I've just seen so much tile/travertine/light stone used in living rooms that it's not strange to me. Tile specifically is the "cheap but nice looking" floor option in Florida.

• Like x 4
  4. Azurite

Azurite Just Floating

This is Fun With Epoxy

(I'm so torn, my inner designer is horrified. My inner 12-y-o thinks this is the funniest shit he's ever seen.)

• Like x 8
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Oh man, kid, missed opportunity there. With all the natural wood they could have gone for a straight up traditional tea house look and sprinkled in the the anime like a full weeb. Looks like they tried in the back corner over the desk, I think I see bamboo.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like x 7
  6. paintcat

paintcat Let the voice of love take you higher

Okay I'm so scared of that dining room though. It looks like that kid's parents are the kind of vampires that eat live rats.

• Like x 8
  7. threadbare

threadbare Member

[​IMG]
    My toes are recoiling just looking at this D:
    who tf puts carpeted stairs in a bathroom?? (also those pillars are super weird)

• Like x 8
  8. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

It looks like something Trump's poor cousin would like

• Like x 6
  9. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I legitimately thought this was my aunt's house until I got to the Teenager Room pic. That looks just like her living and dining room.

• Like x 3
  10. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

11. Lizardlicks

what the hell is that chicken wire doohickey?

12. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

Chicken coop. Because the Hot New Thing is chicken baths or something.

• Like x 5
  13. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

its to bathe my friendly boy chicken pls dont be rude

• Like x 8
  14. sirsparklepants

Google translate had quite a hiccup with the description, I'm laughing
    I would really like to know who started the trend of stoves on the island, though. It seems like it would make getting around someone cooking difficult, not to mention the issue of accidentally burning yourself on the stove because you had a whole nother side open.

Also I'm so done with mirrored closets.

• Like x 4
  15. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

xkjks i didnt even think abt it not being in english

my dad has stoves like that and it works just fine tbh , never burt myself but then again i usually occupy the kitchen while cooking hell food and dont let lads enter/ am usually alone so like

i find them ct,, i am just glad theres no minimalist white kitchen stuff going on (or at least not much of it)

• Like x 1
  16. sirsparklepants

I am a klutz who works food service so the amount of times I've burnt myself on a stove passeth all understanding haha. The back not backing up to a wall means I will probably try to touch it at some point, not thinking about it being hot. That might just be a me problem tho.

• Like x 1
  17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Looks like a slightly disguised radiator to me. or air conditioner if in the US.

• Like x 2
  18. Lizardlicks

Island stoves are for either reducing the space of your "working triangle" for more efficiency, or setting up a point for multiple smaller triangles, allowing two or more people to work from different areas. Can also help add more storage space. Kitchen functionality is definitely something that is by necessity extremely customizable, and what works for one cooking style won't do well for another.

• Like x 4
  19. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Cook pasta or anything with a colourful sauce in it, that'll fix the issue real fast. I mean, I'm all for "we can see what needs cleaning", but - maybe don't have it be glaringly obvious when you just cooked and didn't feel up to cleaning up afterwards, either?

• Like x 2
  20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

The more I think about it, the more my kitchen aesthetic keeps coming back to Sith Lord.

• Like x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice