WTF House Remodels

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Lizardlicks, Feb 1, 2017.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Shoes were required inside in the living room in my grandma's house in Arizona, but that's because sometimes cactus thorns got stuck in the rug and you really didn't want to step on those with bare feet.

• Like x 2
  2. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

i wear shoes in my own house almost all the time. When I go over to someone else's house I take cues from them as to whether or not to wear shoes inside. There's no set culture on it here, so everyone has their own rules about where shoes are allowed. Obviously if you have something on your shoes like dirt or ice you take them off, but other than that it varies person to person. (American South, btw)

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
  3. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I don't wear shoes in the house but stepdad actually isn't allowed to take his off for madicel reasons, so he has indoor and outdoor shoes.

Personal preference on flooring is wood/tile with rugs, because I like the feel of hard flooring but our cats are fucking incapable of not getting litter everywhere so if we don't have rugs, we've got grit in the bedsheets. It's awful.

• Witnessed x 1
  4. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

where i live its entirely unheard of like you gotta go socks or barefoot

barefoot outside depends on seasons but my mom was only allowed to wear rubber before parents cut the grass bc it was literally filled with snakes everywhere
    and u should probably cover your legs while on altitude/near heather because tic bites r everywhere (and in the city bc needles)

5. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

It's half and half for me. Sometimes I leave my shoes on when I'm a guest, especially if I don't know the people very well. Other times the polite thing to do is to ask the hosts where they want you to put your shoes. Usually if it's the first time you're at a friend's house. Taking shoes of is a sign you're making yourself at home.

I don't know anyone who prefers to keep shoes on if we're going to be at the house a while...

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. Lee

Lee i will face god and walk backwards into hell

Sweet anecdata! I think it does have a lot to with culture, then. People in different places follow different rules of etiquette, and it's only natural that the rules change depending on what kind of environment you live in.

7. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Walking around with outdoor shoes inside feels sort of like wearing pants outside/on public transit/on a public bench, and then coming back inside and getting into bed still wearing those pants

My brain goes "nòoooooo" quietly because Not Clean

...a better comparison would probably have been walking around in the grass barefoot and then getting straight into bed. N o o o o o o

d i r t i s h e r e

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Okay but that bathroom with the astic toads and textured sink and stained glass windows... Looks like something I'd design, so.

And this is why Zero can only decorate verrryyyy carefully and after much thought.

• Like x 2
  9. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

as someone who occasionally sleeps in her clothes i feel attacked

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  10. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Yup, I actually wear shoes inside the house depending on whether or not I feel like it. Around here if you want people to take their shoes off when they come inside your house you have to explicitly tell them to. It's not a common enough practice that people will divine it from your not wearing shoes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice