WTFood (weird but good food combos, bad tastes, etc)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Ouija, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I love sour. GIVE MY ALL THE SOUR CANDY, I WILL FUCKING EAT A LEMON DON'T YOU TEMPT ME.

• Like x 5
  2. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I have been known to eat leftover lemon/lime slices like oranges. Cut too many for drinks? Gimme.

Grandma used to get this cheap barely-edible brown rice. I could handle the bland, it was mostly texture that made it :| I don't remember the exact combination, but my solution included a very small amount of soy sauce (especially since usually I drown things), a glob of honey and a few other more traditional things. I pretty much started with the soy and started adding other things over time when it wasn't enough. Then one morning I was hungry af and there was a ton of rice, and when I'm hungry I turn into an offscreen stoner. So I put honey in it and it was magic. Family gave me a lot of odd looks for putting honey in my rice but it turned it from "bland texture nightmare" to "tasty soft and fluffy" so -blows rasberries at them-

• Like x 6
  3. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I left a bag of tablet in with a scented candle and now I have patchouli flavoured tablet and it's not entirely unpleasant, but it does give me the 'I should not be eating this' vibe, which is weird because I once ate a whole fresh carnation out of someone's wedding flowers with absolutely no compunction

I genuinely wonder how anyone puts up with me sometimes

• Like x 2
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

One time in his youth my dad and his friends were groomsmen and ate their buttonhole carnations for reasons nobody ever told me. My sister also hasn't let him forget the time (I wasn't there) when he tried to get her to eat stir fry with dried fruit in it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    • Like x 2
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

6. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

deep dish pizza crust + honey is amazing

• Like x 2
  7. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

I've been really into grilled pb&j here lately. Now I'm kinda wondering how a grilled flutternutter would be. Might have to give that a try next time I'm somewhere that sells marshmallow fluff.

• Like x 2
  8. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

good, you can have mine I don't want them

9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

there's a New World around here that puts mayo in sushi.

why.

10. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

When i was little we would watch Iron Chef and one time my dad was apparently inspired to put some black pepper on vanilla ice cream

I forget if he said it was good, i never tried it (and i tend to dislike black pepper anyway)

11. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Everett I had a bottle of raspberry balsamic vinegar that was amazing on vanilla ice cream. (To anyone inclined to try this themselves, please make sure it's vinegar and not vinaigrette, which has an oil in it as well.)

• Like x 2
  12. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Oh and i remember someone or other on tumblr being like "strawberry basil pieeeeeee" so maybe i should look into that someday

• Like x 2
  13. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

strawberry is amazing with almost everythign you'd usually pair tomato with.
    Fig Caprese is also amazing.
    idk if this is a WTFood so much tho I thought that was actually well known.

• Like x 1
  14. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

Strawberry rhubarb anything is the food of the gods and the reason why I have two bags of rhubarb in my freezer

• Like x 1
  15. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Sadly I hate the texture of rhubarb with a burning passion and it's also considered really detrimental to the condition i have, which because of aforementioned hatred I am... not overly heartbroken over.... haha...

16. Lizardlicks

I have a rhubarb plant in my back yard, but I'm the only one in my family who likes rhubarb so it mostly goes ignored and neglected :(

17. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

that's the saddest thing I've read tonight

18. Lizardlicks

Well, it's Rhubarb, they kind of thrive on neglect. When the chickens were still little pullets they liked to camp under it for bugs.

• Like x 2
  19. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

yeah, I have a big plant by my garage that I've never done favors for, but it's doing fine until I maul it in the early summer

20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Just don't do like my dad and never maul it at all for years and years, because you end up with a lot of hollow stalks and not enough of the yummy ones and it's sadness.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice