Yahoo Answers (is terrible)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Deresto, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

honestly out of all the ones i found, the innocence of the baked beans question is the one that gets me most. its just plain adorable.

• Like x 3
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

• Like x 4
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Well if one character loves another very very much...

• Like x 16
    • Winner x 1
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

a few more:

bbb.png

fff.png

GAHAHA.png

pls.png

ghh.png

id say yes.png

jfc.png

• Like x 7
    • Winner x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

6. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

SNORTS

• Like x 4
  7. LadyNighteyes

Or, as per the "Unhealthy Ships" thread, hates another, or has a complicated relationship with another, or they both get hit by one of many Traditional Fanfic Dubcon Plot Devices, or...

• Like x 12
  8. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

• Like x 1
  9. soulsuckingisaacnewton

soulsuckingisaacnewton strange fuzzy creature

I had a teacher in middle school who actually made a rule against farting in the classroom. I was perturbed by what I assumed at the time to be a serious attempt to regulate a not-always-voluntary bodily function. In retrospect I think it was a joke. As I recall, no one ever got in trouble for it.

• Like x 3
  10. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Clarification re proof of 1 + 1 = 2: no modern mathematician actually uses the Principia proof as the proof that 1 + 1 = 2, because the Principia doesn't contain proofs as understood currently, nor does it contain a set of axioms that are still in use. Nor did the authors really know what they were doing. Proofs from ZF, PA, or more recently type theory and topos theory are much shorter due to a better understanding of what is mathematically necessary and what is just logical scaffolding of which the full generality isn't needed.

• Like x 2
  11. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I'm still reeling from the latest batch of questions. What does a gaming console have to do with sexual orientation? What is up with that Oprah question? Why does the questioner want to pile bricks slowly in front of his house?

So many questions.

• Like x 3
  12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

and not an answer to be found

• Like x 3
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

it's especially funny to me because around here a yahoo is a person who doesn't have much sense/is a little off their rocker. so of course yahoo answers is always unhelpful, it's full of yahoos.

edit: or, i guess this is the real definition, but it's not how i've come to understand it.

yahoo def.png

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Like x 7
  14. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

To me a yahoo is someone who just did something very stupid or inconsiderate, displaying ignorance or lack of observant-ness

[someone pulls into the street without looking]
    "Look at this yahoo."

I think the word originally meant, like, "hillbilly"? And now has redneck associations. Which is from where all these meanings stem -- stupid, loud, rude, oafish, et cetera

• Like x 4
  15. LadyNighteyes

Yahoo Answers is a hotbed of trolls, so probably a lot of the really great ones (both questions and answers) are jokes. But it's impossible to tell which ones.

16. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Weren't there yahoos in gulliver's travels?

17. oph

oph There was a user here, but it's gone now

Now that you mention it I think that's the origin! They were, well. Yahoos.

18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

[​IMG]

• Like x 11
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

• Like x 4
  20. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Have these been posted aready? If not, please watch them, they're comedy gold

• Like x 15
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice