Your Meal Is Weird, aka Unusual Food Combos!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Deresto, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I've been meaning to make this thread but I keep forgetting

We've argued over food, shared how to make food, and talked about it sensory-wise; let's talk about our favorite treats that are, well, a little off the beaten path! Share acquired tastes, cultural differences, favorite flavors that leave you in the minority, and straight up that weird thing no one else will touch!

I'll start off, here's some of my favorite foods and snacks:

• Grilled pickle and peanut butter sandwiches
    • Banana mayo salad
    • Pineapples with olives
    • Egg drop soup (I know it's not weird but in my area most would raise a stink about it)
    • Burnt popcorn
    • Mac n cheese with maple syrup
    • Spaghetti and green grapes

• Like x 1
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

one day I will go back to Portland Oregon just to find the place that makes the peanut butter pickle bacon burgers

also: I went to a summer camp where they made mac and cheese pancakes and they fucked

• Winner x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Were they a breakfast item? Like, would I haven't been judged for adding my maple topping to the cheesy goodness??? That sounds so good

It also reminds me of this pizza place that makes Mac n cheese pizza and it also fucks

• Like x 1
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I can't remember for which meal but they were served with both maple syrup and ketchup, which was intended to spark controversy

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Is savory ice cream a thing? I was thinking the other day how enjoyable dill pickle ice cream could be. Or cheese! Maybe a peanut butter ice cream without the sugar? Oooh, or smoked salmon. Maybe mustard with club cracker bits?

6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Sour cream and onion with shredded potato! Or garlic butter!

I'm not talking heaping bowls and cones here, just enough to taste it

7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Anyone else enjoy a black cup of coffee with a pat of butter and a squirt of molasses? I like to think of it as breakfast in a cup, when I just want the flavors and dont have time for a full pancake onslaught

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice