Zin runs New World of Darkness

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

So.

I'm a smol gm and I would like to possibly run a forumgame for new world of darkness. I have a few plots and settings already in my background, and a few possible one-shots... would anyone be interested?

• Like x 1
  2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

3. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Well, it depends - I've got a great love for Geist, Hunter, and Changeling, and tend to throw a balance of humor and horror when I play, capitalizing on mood whiplash when I can.

Most of the games I've run so far have been with multiple splats participating, so I've been working on how to balance their interactions and progression.

I have a hunter or mortals-based one-shot I can run that is pretty solid, and which I ran locally two weeks ago, along with a few other storylines that can be adapted to work with different splats and groups.

Discussion on homebrew abilities, rule adjustments, etc. Is also one of the things I do in order to help streamline play and keep things rolling and fun.

I tend far more towards the character driven elements than the combat elements, and do my best to make a world that has multiple forces moving around that people can encounter.

• Like x 4
  4. strictly quadrilateral

Sounds good. Count me in, and let me know when this is moving forward.

5. Lady Kianna

Lady Kianna Seer of Void.

I've only done two WOD games, one open stuffs and another just vampires. I'd be interested here too. Are any supernatural whats-its okay to play with?

6. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I'd also like to play

7. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

I've run games with Mortal, Mage, Werewolf, Vampire, Hunter, Changeling, and Sin-Eater so far, so those are the ones I've got the best grip on, but I'm open to discussing other splats! (...though promethean and disquiet currently make me frown...)

• Like x 1
  8. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Registering interest.

9. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I'm also interested, but a) looks like you might have a good amount of people already and b) a couple of friends might be starting a campaign and I'm not sure how many I could handle being in at once :')
    So... interested, but might not work out :p

10. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

5 or so people is probably a good number - part of how things run will also depend on if we want to try and set up dedicated session times or play by post format.

I'm also able to split into a few groups/games, if people have different preferences and availability. ( Or themes and content they're ok with/not okay with.)

• Like x 1
  11. Lady Kianna

Lady Kianna Seer of Void.

@Zin Im available mostly late evenings PST, and usually all Fri/Sat

12. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I'm available evenings/nights, Pacific, every day

I have a slight preference for post-whenever play but wouldn't have a huge problem if we ended up doing play sessions

• Like x 1
  13. OnnaStik

I'm kind of all over the place wrt schedule, but late evenings (CST) are almost always free.

14. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Ok, it may be best, in that case, to do play by post when we can - and if desired I can throw down the NWoD games I've run so far, with content triggers and rough data, if that helps people find a direction they're interested in?

• Like x 2
  15. OnnaStik

Sounds good to me, both of those things.

16. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Ok, I typed this up Saturday but I'm a lazy butt who spent the weekend snuggling the beau.

There are several previously run gamesets I can run –

A quick rundown of games I have run for NWOD:

+ ( Over Skype ) Solo/One-on-One. A young man becomes a Vampire and begins to learn at the heels of a radical C___, who is enthusiastic about human rights and not at all what he thinks of when he hears the word ‘Vampire’.

+ ( Over Skype ) Group Game with Solos for Players. Mainly Changelings/Mage conflict & complications. ( Full Player List: 2 Changelings, 1 Mage, 1 Werebear with a Changeling Fiance. ) Can be adapted for a new group. No major triggers present.

+ ( Offline ) Group Game. Bens Big Ballas – a Mixed Hunter Group ( Compacts ) that have gained Splats over time. Sex, Drugs, and Chaos. A Rich Ashwood Abbey Member in charge of a Loyalists of Thule Sniper, an Ascending Ones accountant/drug dealer & his brother, and a Network Zero agent. All the INSANE bs they get up to.

- Adventure 1 can be adapted – lots of mindscrew, and… well. If I get into the details it spoils the first twist.

+ ( Offline ) Solo/One-on-One. A trucker gets an odd request, but the pay is good and even if whatever he’s moving is possibly illegal, the payoff is too good to pass up. Can be adapted for a new group or player. Possible Triggers – complications that could end up threatening family, body horror.

+ ( Offline ) Group Game. Mortals who are slowly awakening to Splats. Cross-Bred with Scion – all players have a few pieces from Scion and have the choice between continuing in a splat or cutting that advancement off and going demigod.

- Adventure 1 can likely be adapted. Trapped on a mountain at the mercy of monsters is the best quick summary.

- Adventure 2 is beginning irl at the moment, with the theme of 'creepy carnival'. *cackle* One of the players is returning home to the carnival he helped run as a kid. ;)

+ ( Offline ) Valkyries – This one contains the first solo that can be adapted for Mortals or Hunters. Task Force Valkyrie, putting the Valkyrie back in the Task Force, almost all women in this group, men are designated ‘eye candy’ because I’m a nerd. One of the main themes on the in-person game is reflecting realistic injuries & conflicts – one character is mute, one is deaf, one is missing an eye + has burn scars, all due to ‘in the field’ events – as well as having characters with disabilities, addictions, and neurodivergences.

- First Adventure contains triggers for abuse victims, abuse apologism on part of victims, child death, kidnapping, and other issues that can come out of all of that.

- Second Adventure contains triggers for body horror, arguable mind control, etc.

17. strictly quadrilateral

I'm okay with all of this that you've said.

18. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Then I guess my next question is...

:)

What does everyone want to play (characters and/or stories), what themes are you interested in, and what things are on the 'no-go' list for everyone?

• Like x 1
  19. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I don't know enough about WoD/NWoD to know what monsters or characters I'd want to play -- basically it's all good right now.

I like mindscrew and twists, I like dark themes and horror, especially psychological and/or cosmological horror. It sounds like that fits well into what you run.

I don't have any triggers or squicks that are likely to be a problem in a text-based environment

• Like x 3
  20. strictly quadrilateral

As long as there's no
    cannibalism

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice